the thread about nothing...

anybody here knows how to remove bad odors from gym clothes? I soaked some of my gear in water while it was still sweaty. I completely forgot about it for a few days and it developed a bad smell. I rinsed the clothes in plain water then proceeded to wash them with soap by hand. I hung them to air dry, but the smell is still there. Any suggestions?

Try using white vinegar or baking soda. Pretty sure those things get rid of odors. Not sure if you can load them into the washing machine, but maybe you can just soak the clothes in a basin or something with some vinegar or baking powder.

I dealt with this issue constantly when I was training BJJ on a regular basis. Here's a couple tricks I used.

1. FREEZE IT. Assuming you have the freezer space and the rest of your housemates (be it parents, wife, roommates, whatever) are cool with it, you can pop it in the freezer for the night. I dont know the science behind it (maybe it kills the bacteria or mold?) but it seems to work.

2. Vinegar. If you have a clean bucket or other large tub you can mix 1 cup of normal white vinegar with some water and soak the stinky clothes in it for half an hour or so before you put it in the wash. You can also add a cup of vinegar directly to the wash. Run a cold wash, let the tub fill up with water first, then pour in a cup of vinegar and wash like normal.

3. Air Dry. After you freeze it or vinegar soak and wash it, air dry that thing. Do not put it in the dryer with a fabric sheet. Give it some good ole sunshine and fresh air. It definitely helps.

If all else fails, I guess you could just toss it and buy new clothes.

mojodmonky1 mojodmonky1 thanks for the tips

I think I'm going to start soaking them in water and vinegar/baking soda as soon as I get home from physical activity. Then rinse, hand wash, and air dry.

What sucks is that I'm physically active at least 4 times a week. :smh:

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry nah I transferred to FIU a while back...
how are the yambs? Cuban, Colombian and Venezuelan all top notch over there? :nerd:

anybody here knows how to remove bad odors from gym clothes? I soaked some of my gear in water while it was still sweaty. I completely forgot about it for a few days and it developed a bad smell. I rinsed the clothes in plain water then proceeded to wash them with soap by hand. I hung them to air dry, but the smell is still there. Any suggestions?
Man, I have the SAME issue... I sweat like crazy during my runs and workouts. Leaves a weird smell even after a wash 
mean.gif
 Looking for ways to combat it as well

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Bmv5ChB8Suk/VGM8-tencoI/AAAAAAAABnU/Qaq7tQeGQi4/w426-h320/homer-cook-o.gif[/quote]

[quote="Ryda421, post: 23938989"][img]https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/eatingbedalone.gif?w=650&h=495[/quote]

:lol :smokin

Vinegar helps a bunch. Also try to machine wash 'em.

Vinegar helps a bunch. Also try to machine wash 'em.

Yep soaking them in vinegar def helps. I do this once a month or so. It obviously doesn't make them last forever but it helps. I need to just man up and buy some new work out clothes

SOME OF THESE STARBUCKS GIRLS [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom