The Social Network dir. David Fincher - film about the creation of Facebook

I don't really believe the story because there are always two sides but I thought the movie was well done and it had my attention throughout. It didn't feel like a Fincher movie at all which is a good sign that he's moving into different areas and becomming more versatile.

Talbert

From the Instant Messages released between Zuck and several different people, the story portrayed in the movie seems to be framed accurately, Zuck screwed Eduardo, but Eduardo had it coming since he was not meeting his obligations as CFO/COO. Parker was fired because of a Drug charge. Zuck really did despise the Twins as demonstrated in his hacking of ConnectU and creating fake/slanderous profiles of the twins; they still came up with the $65 million win, so I guess it could have been worse.

From the Instant Messages released between Zuck and several different people, the story portrayed in the movie seems to be framed accurately, Zuck screwed Eduardo, but Eduardo had it coming since he was not meeting his obligations as CFO/COO. Parker was fired because of a Drug charge. Zuck really did despise the Twins as demonstrated in his hacking of ConnectU and creating fake/slanderous profiles of the twins; they still came up with the $65 million win, so I guess it could have been worse.

I thought this was an outstanding film, one of the best of the year. If it's fiction or not is not the point, the film was great on its own merit, Facebook was just a studio selling point. Here's my top 3 for the year (UK)...

1. The Secret in their Eyes
2. The Social Network
3. Winter's Bone

I thought this was an outstanding film, one of the best of the year. If it's fiction or not is not the point, the film was great on its own merit, Facebook was just a studio selling point. Here's my top 3 for the year (UK)...

1. The Secret in their Eyes
2. The Social Network
3. Winter's Bone

Just watched it

(I don't know what really happened) but i think they did Eduardo wrong considering he put the money up. I don't understand why Mark was so drawn to Steve even though Steve portrayed this party lifestyle that seemed opposite to Mark.

Just watched it

(I don't know what really happened) but i think they did Eduardo wrong considering he put the money up. I don't understand why Mark was so drawn to Steve even though Steve portrayed this party lifestyle that seemed opposite to Mark.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Just watched it

You mean Sean? I dont remember a Steve lol. At any rate though I think Mark was drawn to the image Sean projected of himself to make him be greater than he really was. I saw his whole personality as a manipulator.

Just watched it

You mean Sean? I dont remember a Steve lol. At any rate though I think Mark was drawn to the image Sean projected of himself to make him be greater than he really was. I saw his whole personality as a manipulator.

Originally Posted by SanchezOnFire

Just watched it

laugh.gif
Why did I put Steve? The whole time Sean was doing all the partying while Mark was doing the work

Originally Posted by SanchezOnFire

Just watched it

laugh.gif
Why did I put Steve? The whole time Sean was doing all the partying while Mark was doing the work

Idk lol but yeah I agree and then he tried to place blame on other people when he got caught w coke I was like TF that was all you Sean!

I get into movies.. lol

Idk lol but yeah I agree and then he tried to place blame on other people when he got caught w coke I was like TF that was all you Sean!

I get into movies.. lol

Finally got to watch this movie...absolutely amazing. People say Eisenberg is a poor man's Michael Cera but with this performance that should be the other way around. Just a great movie.

Finally got to watch this movie...absolutely amazing. People say Eisenberg is a poor man's Michael Cera but with this performance that should be the other way around. Just a great movie.

Originally Posted by hymen man

what's The Secret In Their Eyes about?
From IMDB:
A retired legal counselor writes a novel hoping to find closure for one of his past unresolved homicide cases and for his unreciprocated love with his superior - both of which still haunt him decades later.

A really excellent movie. There's a few real intense points that just make the movie. It's Argentinian, so if you dont like subtitles, skip it. It'll be remade here in a few years
eyes.gif
But if you can stand to read, you cant miss this movie. And it came out last year, not this. It won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film (over Un Prophete
30t6p3b.gif
)

Originally Posted by hymen man

what's The Secret In Their Eyes about?
From IMDB:
A retired legal counselor writes a novel hoping to find closure for one of his past unresolved homicide cases and for his unreciprocated love with his superior - both of which still haunt him decades later.

A really excellent movie. There's a few real intense points that just make the movie. It's Argentinian, so if you dont like subtitles, skip it. It'll be remade here in a few years
eyes.gif
But if you can stand to read, you cant miss this movie. And it came out last year, not this. It won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film (over Un Prophete
30t6p3b.gif
)

Damn, and Un Prophete was awesome. I guess i'll check it out, hopefully I can find it online.

Damn, and Un Prophete was awesome. I guess i'll check it out, hopefully I can find it online.

The movie was awesome. the directing in some scenes was really incredible.

Its movies like this that make you realize what seeing a good movie equates to. You just feel it.

The movie was awesome. the directing in some scenes was really incredible.

Its movies like this that make you realize what seeing a good movie equates to. You just feel it.

Back
Top Bottom