The S&T "NEXT" list....

ESPN, had their annual "Next" list composing of athletes who they think will make a splash in the years to come. Over the past couple of seasons,there have been both hits and misses, but it's always fun to speculate. I think we did this last year, so I'll get it started....

Nick Markakis
2006081516574168_5.jpg

He plays for the worst franchise in all of MLB, but he deserves more credit for what he does on the field. This dude gives 110%, and IMO he is in the samecategory as other young stars in MLB like Jeff Francoeur. Markakis is without a doubt the best player on the O's roster. I hope they can build aroundthis man, because he is the truth. In only his second full season he averaged:

23 HR's
110 RBI
18 SB
.362 OBP
.485 SLG

in the 2nd half of the season he hit 14 HR's and drove in 61....all while hitting .325

Also, Markakis threw out 13 baserunners (cannon for an arm) and had .994 fielding %....he should get a gold glove or two before he is 30. The sky is the limitfor what he can do, and this guy is the cornerstone in which the franchise needs to build itself around. Hopefully, Angelos and the powers that be can keephim in Charm City for the remainder of his career.

Hope he's not just another Oriole on roids

good #'s though.

[color= rgb(255, 153, 0)]Brandon McDonald[/color]
hs_8394.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 153, 0)]Eric Wright[/color]
Wright_Eric.jpg

Hope he's not just another Oriole on roids

nah, I think he's in the minority by actually being clean....I hope the whole O's roster goes down in the Mitchell Investigation with the exception ofMarkakis and Daniel Cabrera....

Is this pretty much going to be a post where the players listed as "next" are from their own teams?

Markakis was huge for me down the stretch in fantasy baseball. He's going to be a great player.

Joba Chamberlain-Barring any major injuries, he's going to be a stud for a long time.

Francisco Liriano-Missed last year with elbow surgery, but has so much potential and hopefully he can come back strong. He was nearly unhittable when he becamea starter.

Ryan Braun-Dude was a beast after coming up from the minors. Let's see what kind of numbers he can put up in a whole season!

^

I gotta agree with Greg Jennings (repping my school Western Michigan)

colston
Reggie Nelson

t1_stephenson_si.jpg
My Son

ncf_w_hill_195.jpg
My school played his in high school. An absolute beast.
paul-williams-boxer.jpg
The person who will give Money Maywether his first loss

Back
Top Bottom