THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by donjuan513

I don't see how people are upset at someone who chooses to keep PEs (player exclusives) of their own shoe to themselves.

So says someone who has connects to get these PE's...
^touche'....

ehhh, graffitis arent all that dope to me. much rather have those charcoal samples we saw a while back.

on a side note. looks like bron is slimmin'. he must think thats gonna help him get a ring. lol

I don't see how people are upset at someone who chooses to keep PEs (player exclusives) of their own shoe to themselves.

^touche'....

ehhh, graffitis arent all that dope to me. much rather have those charcoal samples we saw a while back.

on a side note. looks like bron is slimmin'. he must think thats gonna help him get a ring. lol

Originally Posted by iHust1e

way too much graffiti on them IMO. Maybe if it was just on the midsole. Didn't someone do a PS of that a year ago?

Who am I kidding tho....if they dropped just like that, I'd dip into the Yeezy 2 fund earlyyy
this
laugh.gif

Graffiti midsole > Graffiti upper....but they're still dope, much better than the flamingos and although the midsole/air unit/outsole could have had better color blocking....that's still a job well done!
smokin.gif

but it's not just Ty....there's so many people that end up with these "PE's" that they can't even be considered a true Player Edition anymore.

hyperstrike releases to friends and family only sounds about right when it comes to the Lebrons.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

way too much graffiti on them IMO. Maybe if it was just on the midsole. Didn't someone do a PS of that a year ago?

Who am I kidding tho....if they dropped just like that, I'd dip into the Yeezy 2 fund earlyyy
this
laugh.gif

Graffiti midsole > Graffiti upper....but they're still dope, much better than the flamingos and although the midsole/air unit/outsole could have had better color blocking....that's still a job well done!
smokin.gif

but it's not just Ty....there's so many people that end up with these "PE's" that they can't even be considered a true Player Edition anymore.

hyperstrike releases to friends and family only sounds about right when it comes to the Lebrons.

Connect or no connect common sense tells me I'm not suppose to have everything Lebron has. Knocking the man for having control of his empire is just silly.
This sense of entitlement has caused you to spazz out over a pair of shoes. If you aren't willing to do your homework and utilize what NT was made for (to network) then you shouldn't have them. The only thing you are suppose to have is what you are willing to go out and get. Plain and simple.

Connect or no connect common sense tells me I'm not suppose to have everything Lebron has. Knocking the man for having control of his empire is just silly.
This sense of entitlement has caused you to spazz out over a pair of shoes. If you aren't willing to do your homework and utilize what NT was made for (to network) then you shouldn't have them. The only thing you are suppose to have is what you are willing to go out and get. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by tuxedo1208

Triple Black V2 lows 97.49 shipped @ Al's.

sizes 8.5 - 13

http://www.alssports.com/lebron/Search

Thanks for the heads up, I was waiting for them to drop the price on them.

No big deal graffitis don't come out. I don't want to pay retail anyways. That's what I tell myself when they don't come out.

That Lebron crying pic is what some of you guys are feeling when sick PEs aren't available to the buying public. Lebron gets the last laugh.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tuxedo1208

Triple Black V2 lows 97.49 shipped @ Al's.

sizes 8.5 - 13

http://www.alssports.com/lebron/Search

Thanks for the heads up, I was waiting for them to drop the price on them.

No big deal graffitis don't come out. I don't want to pay retail anyways. That's what I tell myself when they don't come out.

That Lebron crying pic is what some of you guys are feeling when sick PEs aren't available to the buying public. Lebron gets the last laugh.
laugh.gif

That's without touching things like these graffiti v2s or the blue/orange colors(STOP calling them HWC, they no longer stand for that since he's not in Cleveland
laugh.gif
)

i understand that...but for ease and to keep me from having to call them another name i just refer to that cw as the HWC. my best guess is that nike made them just in case he decided to stay put so technically it is the last HWC.

That's without touching things like these graffiti v2s or the blue/orange colors(STOP calling them HWC, they no longer stand for that since he's not in Cleveland
laugh.gif
)

i understand that...but for ease and to keep me from having to call them another name i just refer to that cw as the HWC. my best guess is that nike made them just in case he decided to stay put so technically it is the last HWC.

I understand where both sides are coming from, but after a while seeing all of these PE's and we can't obtain em gets silly.. IMO

I would understand just like jordan if he/they decided to keep 1 or 2 3 max, but HWC, SVSM Graffittis , pewter v3's, heat home v2's and aways. and probablly more.

is just silly.. like i said IMO. were not knocking Lebron and his camp, Im just stating its annoying.

I understand where both sides are coming from, but after a while seeing all of these PE's and we can't obtain em gets silly.. IMO

I would understand just like jordan if he/they decided to keep 1 or 2 3 max, but HWC, SVSM Graffittis , pewter v3's, heat home v2's and aways. and probablly more.

is just silly.. like i said IMO. were not knocking Lebron and his camp, Im just stating its annoying.

Connect or no connect common sense tells me I'm but suppose to have everything Lebron has. Knocking the man for having control of his empire is just silly.
Personally, and I can't speak for everyone obviously, but if I see a player wearing something that is sweet/hot/insta-cop worthy, etc.. I don't feel I SHOULD be able to have a shot at it.  I get that most signature athletes will have stuff that no one else will that is special to them- I think that is natural and normal.  Definitely not hate-worthy.

I think what frustrates some people, and particularly people who are loyal to certain brands and signature lines, is that some things are produced seemingly to reel folks in, only to have to "settle" for something less.  Is it their choice whether or not to settle- yes- absolutely... but Its safe to say that lebron and his crew could have 50 of their own personal colorways that no one ever knew about or would see, and if they simply did a few of these more special cws, people would have much less a gripe ( CASE IN POINT is KOBE's line)- does he undoubtedly have samples we will never see- probably- does it chap anyone that he does- not really- because most of us have at least a shot (i.e. barcelonas -albeit not a great shot- but a shot) at grabbing them if we truly want them.

In summary, its fine to say the average(even above average person) has a shot at stuff like primetime 7s, penny 7s, svsm 8s, 112 8s, etc.., but when it comes down to it, unless you are willing to drop a nice car payment on 'em, that really isn't true.  Hard to justify spending upwards of 600-800 bucks on something that will depreciate 50 % the second its worn- much like some cars to a certain extent.  100,200, even 300 bucks may be reasonable for the typical sneaker person to drop on something they want, but double that or triple? 
tired.gif

I don't know what it would take to release a small amount of SVSM (green nubuck 8s), Akron 8s(blue), or even 112s, but I gotta believe it wouldn't be hard to do and would seriously quiet all the griping and moaning about lack of CWs of lebrons line.  To know that at least some fans/resellers/sneakerheads got theirs at retail would be somewhat of a consolation.  Instead, we get a colored mold version of the low v2, a ronald mcdonald red v3, and numerous other low v2s that would otherwise sit on shelves if not for the hypetrain rolling through.

Connect or no connect common sense tells me I'm but suppose to have everything Lebron has. Knocking the man for having control of his empire is just silly.
Personally, and I can't speak for everyone obviously, but if I see a player wearing something that is sweet/hot/insta-cop worthy, etc.. I don't feel I SHOULD be able to have a shot at it.  I get that most signature athletes will have stuff that no one else will that is special to them- I think that is natural and normal.  Definitely not hate-worthy.

I think what frustrates some people, and particularly people who are loyal to certain brands and signature lines, is that some things are produced seemingly to reel folks in, only to have to "settle" for something less.  Is it their choice whether or not to settle- yes- absolutely... but Its safe to say that lebron and his crew could have 50 of their own personal colorways that no one ever knew about or would see, and if they simply did a few of these more special cws, people would have much less a gripe ( CASE IN POINT is KOBE's line)- does he undoubtedly have samples we will never see- probably- does it chap anyone that he does- not really- because most of us have at least a shot (i.e. barcelonas -albeit not a great shot- but a shot) at grabbing them if we truly want them.

In summary, its fine to say the average(even above average person) has a shot at stuff like primetime 7s, penny 7s, svsm 8s, 112 8s, etc.., but when it comes down to it, unless you are willing to drop a nice car payment on 'em, that really isn't true.  Hard to justify spending upwards of 600-800 bucks on something that will depreciate 50 % the second its worn- much like some cars to a certain extent.  100,200, even 300 bucks may be reasonable for the typical sneaker person to drop on something they want, but double that or triple? 
tired.gif

I don't know what it would take to release a small amount of SVSM (green nubuck 8s), Akron 8s(blue), or even 112s, but I gotta believe it wouldn't be hard to do and would seriously quiet all the griping and moaning about lack of CWs of lebrons line.  To know that at least some fans/resellers/sneakerheads got theirs at retail would be somewhat of a consolation.  Instead, we get a colored mold version of the low v2, a ronald mcdonald red v3, and numerous other low v2s that would otherwise sit on shelves if not for the hypetrain rolling through.

The only thing you are suppose to have is what you are willing to go out and get. Plain and simple.
/argument

if you've got $800-$1500...you can def get your hands on most of the unreleased 7's and 8's
nerd.gif

i'd much prefer spending $100 on a base shoe and some extra cash on supplies+labor for a quality custom though
devil.gif

The only thing you are suppose to have is what you are willing to go out and get. Plain and simple.
/argument

if you've got $800-$1500...you can def get your hands on most of the unreleased 7's and 8's
nerd.gif

i'd much prefer spending $100 on a base shoe and some extra cash on supplies+labor for a quality custom though
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom