The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I had a genesis zombies ate my neighbors with my cousin sleeping over was fun and that's where I first played contra as well

The real question is Aladdin on Snes or Genesis. I played both the Snes version was too easy, but it more more fun than the Genesis version. Disney had some hard games during that Era that Lion King games on Snes was brutal.

I had SNES and the Aladdin version was super easy

My neighbor had it on Sega and it was way more fun and difficult

I don't think you could even use a sword on the SNES version :lol:

I played the first level of Tomb Raider II for the first time last night. Controls are surprisingly bad (unintuitive and clunky)... I consider myself an above average platformer and I was struggling with it (but am starting to get the hang of it).

Couldn't save and figured out I need a PS1 memory card to save since it's a PS1 game. I'm playing on my PS2 slim and it won't save to a PS2 card. I never had a PS before, so I didn't know this, but my friend is gonna hook me up with a PS1 card.

Last edited:
I remember either the first or 2nd tomb raider. I stayed in her house doing gymnastics for hours

I played the first level of Tomb Raider II for the first time last night. Controls are surprisingly bad (unintuitive and clunky)... I consider myself an above average platformer and I was struggling with it (but am starting to get the hang of it).

Couldn't save and figured out I need a PS1 memory card to save since it's a PS1 game. I'm playing on my PS2 slim and it won't save to a PS2 card. I never had a PS before, so I didn't know this, but my friend is gonna hook me up with a PS1 card.
I remember either the first or 2nd tomb raider. I stayed in her house doing gymnastics for hours
Yeah, before I attempted the first level I screwed around for a while at "Croft Manor" (basically a big obstacle course) trying to learn the controls. The game tells you to push the Jump and direction button at the same time, but I've had more consistent results pushing (and hold down) the Jump button first and immediately after start pressing the direction button. That doesn't even mention using the Action button to jump farther, etc...

Also, I wanna know why I can't use the control stick in this game to walk around? smh

Last edited:
^^^
Some of those early 3D platformers have not aged well at all. It's possible to overlook the graphics for nostalgia's sake but very hard to get past the controls especially as they've improved significantly in the past 2 decades.

^^^
Some of those early 3D platformers have not aged well at all. It's possible to overlook the graphics for nostalgia's sake but very hard to get past the controls especially as they've improved significantly in the past 2 decades.
Yeah, I kinda wanna play more just for the challenge of it (kinda like I got through Yoshi's Island even though I hated Baby Mario), but my girl is over here facepalming at my struggles... haha

Last edited:
^^^
Just can't rock with that type of 'collecting', 100X more satisfying to have a few games and actually play them. :smh:

awesome, extremely relaxing to play. its a really stress relieving game. It requires a lot of time and commitment though, you can adjust your consoles date and time to speeden up processes if you're trying to quickly advance your town though. It's an easy game to pick up and play at your leisure.

So like the SIMS with Animals?

awesome, extremely relaxing to play. its a really stress relieving game. It requires a lot of time and commitment though, you can adjust your consoles date and time to speeden up processes if you're trying to quickly advance your town though. It's an easy game to pick up and play at your leisure.
Basically. Seemed like a waste of time to me. To each his own.

I wouldn't necessarily say that as you have activities you can do in the town, such as bug hunting, fishing, and planting things. The hunts are for a museum you are trying to fill. There's multiplayer capability so you can visit others towns in new leaf not sure about the other ones.

I've beat it a few times. It's tough, that's for sure.

EDIT: Just bought Comix Zone. Let's see if I still got it... :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone play gameboy ? A lot of the gameboy games have great music I love this metroid theme I'm about 3 hours in metroid 2 and 8 hours in Pokémon silver

both are coming out on 3ds soon metroid being a remake
All I owned growing up were Gameboy and PC games... you're right that some of them have better music than you might expect out of that small cartridge.

Nintendo Announces SNES Classic, Comes With 21 Stellar Games

Kotaku

Forget the NES Classic—this is the vintage system we’ve been waiting for. Nintendo today announced the Super Nintendo Classic, which will be out on September 29 for $80 and come with 21 games including the previously unreleased Star Fox 2.

The lineup, which is excellent, also includes Earthbound, Final Fantasy III, Link to the Past, and Secret of Mana. And Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country and holy crap this thing is going to be impossible to get at a store without gouging someone’s eyes out, isn’t it?

Unlike the NES Classic, the SNES Classic’s lineup is full of genuine masterpieces that have all aged well. There isn’t a single bad game on this thing (assuming Star Fox 2 is as solid as the first one). Here’s the full list:

Contra III: The Alien Wars[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Donkey Kong Country[emoji]8482[/emoji]
EarthBound[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Kirby[emoji]8482[/emoji] Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course[emoji]8482[/emoji]
The Legend of Zelda[emoji]8482[/emoji]: A Link to the Past[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Mega Man[emoji]174[/emoji] X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Star Fox[emoji]8482[/emoji] 2
Street Fighter[emoji]174[/emoji] II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts[emoji]174[/emoji]
Super Mario Kart[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Super Mario World[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Super Metroid[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Super Punch-Out!! [emoji]8482[/emoji]
Yoshi’s Island[emoji]8482[/emoji]

Oddly, Nintendo says you’ll have to beat the first level of Star Fox to unlock Star Fox 2. From the press release: “Even for super fans who have played all of these games multiple times, the inclusion of the never-before-released Star Fox 2 game will offer them something entirely new to enjoy – if they can unlock it by proving their skills in the original Star Fox game. (Well, they only have to complete the first level – we didn’t want to make it too hard!)”

The system also comes with an HDMI cable, a charging cable, and two SNES controllers so you can beat up your friends in Street Fighter. We’ve reached out to Nintendo to ask if the company plans to produce more of these things than the last time around.

View media item 2476283

Back
Top Bottom