The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Picked up a Miyoo Mini Plus 2 weeks ago. Pretty dope.

IMG_2187.jpeg

As someone who grew up as a PS fanboy and after being blown away by how good A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are due to the Nintendo online subscription (I own a Switch Lite and a PS4 Pro) , I finally see the appeal in these cute mini consoles full brimming with nostalgia :smile: The Miyoo Mini Plus seems far too irresistible to be right now, not gonna lie haha

I remember I bought a dreamcast specifically for house of the dead 2
Was there a light gun? It was a cool but short game if I remember correctly.

Dreamcast launch lineup low key better than the PlayStation 2 (which in its defense launched the fall after it launched in Japan spring 2000). Is Dreamcast emulated now? I’d rip my games to play on PC.

I knew someone with a Neo Geo CD. The joke back then were the juggling monkeys due to the load time. They dropped the support for the thing eventually favoring the 32-bit consoles. :frown:

I liked that guys channel. He can be a lil Die Hard Game Fan hyperbolic.
I did on the Dreamcast. Ken was my main. Shoutout to Daigo :pimp:
Don’t say this to a TS tournament player. They absolutely hated that version because it got rid of all the broken. It was a good translation (minus the broken and sprite sizes).

Was there an official Sega light gun?

I remember they had the keyboard which you could use with typing of the dead.

Damn, did I miss out!?

So during the time games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead(particularly part 2) came out I was out trying to be grown lol. Movie theater was the hang out spot. I’d sneak away from the group and go get me some plays in, loved both games. But I had no idea they were ported to consoles until a lil while back. Playing Time Crisis on arcade was an amazing experience, even to this day!!! Was the home version as fun!?

That’s awesome. Completed the race in one of the longest tracks in the game in under 30 seconds. :lol: 🔥

The vaporware era of advertising. Blast processing. Saturn has three 32-bit processors, which means it's three times as powerful as Saturn.

Lady in the commercial left out that Sega threw the 3D processors last minute due to the Playstation. Saturn was a 2D powerhouse. But 3D, it lacked transparency and goroud shading (sp). VF 2, Virtua Cop, Panzer Dragon Zwei, and Sega Rally were all testaments to the team at Sega and every ounce they were able to squeeze out of limited hardware.

Been playing a lot of old Final Fantasy games. Finished 8 and 9, now working on FF10. No, I won't be dodging 200 lightning strikes in a row. What sadistic s.o.b. though this was a good idea? Those Bevelle trials can burn in hell too. Love the game, but some of the things in it :smh:

It was definitely a different era back then.

Back
Top Bottom