The RETRO Gaming Thread!

If you got a few scratched discs you can attempt to fix it with a magic eraser. It’s basically manually buffing it out.
I have Sega Rally for Saturn that was scratched to hell like someone keyed it up, almost tossed it but got it to work :lol:

Just sorting through stuff and I don't remember owning this

20230801_100345.jpg
You probrably owe Hollywood Video $500

If you got a few scratched discs you can attempt to fix it with a magic eraser. It’s basically manually buffing it out.
I have Sega Rally for Saturn that was scratched to hell like someone keyed it up, almost tossed it but got it to work :lol:
Oh nice! I never thought of using it. I’d wet sand it if possible to get a smooth finish. Thanks got the tip 🔥👍

Does it actually work? How about if some parts are peeled or scratched off?
I’ve cleaned several and it works most of the time unless the scratch is too deep and removed information on the top of the disc (flat side we see with graphics). GameCube games are the hardest ones to figure out. It can look perfect and still not work.

Oh nice! I never thought of using it. I’d wet sand it if possible to get a smooth finish. Thanks got the tip 🔥👍

I’ve cleaned several and it works most of the time unless the scratch is too deep and removed information on the top of the disc (flat side we see with graphics). GameCube games are the hardest ones to figure out. It can look perfect and still not work.
It's the same with the Wii U discs. Apart from the read problem, the flaking is also a problem. Annoying part about it is Nintendo is not providing a digital copy of the game, so you out a game that you paid for full nintendo premium price. For the price you paid for, they could have provided a downloadable copy and not something you have to buy full price again. This is why I prefer digital downloads or cartridge type games.

Man I used to love EB Games and Electronics Boutique before that/
I always wondered, did they become Gamestop? Seems like around my way all the EB Games locations became Gamestops so I always thought it was the same company but a rebranding.
They are the same and pretty much rebranding. Companies do that all the time for legal and financial reasoning.

I played the arcade game where you tried to save President Reagan.

At the end of the stage, they said I'm BAD!! It would be dope if they remixed it with LL Cool J's I'm Bad lol. It was a cool side scrolling brawler. But not as innovative as Renegade by Technos.

I played the arcade game where you tried to save President Reagan.

At the end of the stage, they said I'm BAD!! It would be dope if they remixed it with LL Cool J's I'm Bad lol. It was a cool side scrolling brawler. But not as innovative as Renegade by Technos.
Can’t say I remember this one. But for a game from the mid 80s it looks pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom