The RETRO Gaming Thread!

At the end of the day, it’s all about gameplay.

To say they don’t focus on graphics isn’t true either, they definitely push the limits of the platforms they develop on.

At the end of the day, it’s all about gameplay.

To say they don’t focus on graphics isn’t true either, they definitely push the limits of the platforms they develop on.

I think they don't chase REALISTIC graphics.

I think they just tried to master the cartoon style graphics if that makes sense.

This might be a bit of a stretch but it kind of reminds me how people want to ride attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney World instead of huge roller coasters at other Theme Parks
Yeah crazy. I remember having those crazy lineups for pirates which can range from over an hour on average but could easily get in to the roller coasters in 5 minutes. Damn crazy for a slow boat ride but I guess people are always expecting for Johnny Depp to appear everytime.

I think they don't chase REALISTIC graphics.

I think they just tried to master the cartoon style graphics if that makes sense.
Totally. A lot of their games have wide appeal.

But back in the NES days, I thought Mario 3 had dope graphics. The art and sound was up there with early Genesis. F-Zero was an impressive demonstration of the SNES. Wave Race 64 did the same for the Nintendo 64. I thought Zelda was I dunno. But them graphics were great for the time.

That Zelda demo they had for the GameCube was extremely realistic.

But overall, most of their games are meant to aim to cater to the whole family.

Krunch (the gator) had such terrible steering. I remember trying to complete a circuit with him and unintentionally driving into a wall 🤣

1685806318976.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom