The RETRO Gaming Thread!

lol I just checked, I have a bugged copy. :blush:

I really wouldn't worry too much about the bugged copy; if you're taking the time to make some CAWs then you can put them on your 'Memory Pak'. If you can find a GameShark Pro V3.3 you can just use a code to unlock everything in the shop. FWIW, most of it was junk with the exception of some CAW pieces/moves and a few unlockable characters.

In hindsight, I much prefer WM2K and VPW2 for a quick wrestling bout when my bro and friends come over. The gameplay speed is perfect and the latter has the 'running grapple' which was the only new mechanic in NM but it is a deeper game with different wrestling styles, etc...

They tried to improve the character models in NM at the expense of framerate and it just lead to an overall slower game. You could squeeze some extra performance by turning off the horrible BGM and the 'Attitude' meters, however the latter is quite useful during a match so I'd advise against it unless you're an expert NM player.

I really wouldn't worry too much about the bugged copy; if you're taking the time to make some CAWs then you can put them on your 'Memory Pak'. If you can find a GameShark Pro V3.3 you can just use a code to unlock everything in the shop. FWIW, most of it was junk with the exception of some CAW pieces/moves and a few unlockable characters.

In hindsight, I much prefer WM2K and VPW2 for a quick wrestling bout when my bro and friends come over. The gameplay speed is perfect and the latter has the 'running grapple' which was the only new mechanic in NM but it is a deeper game with different wrestling styles, etc...

They tried to improve the character models in NM at the expense of framerate and it just lead to an overall slower game. You could squeeze some extra performance by turning off the horrible BGM and the 'Attitude' meters, however the latter is quite useful during a match so I'd advise against it unless you're an expert NM player.
No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 were improvements on the formula but WCW/NWO Revenge is still my favorite. It just has some intangible thing or aesthetic that I can't explain.

No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 were improvements on the formula but WCW/NWO Revenge is still my favorite. It just has some intangible thing or aesthetic that I can't explain.

WCW/NWO Revenge made me save my newspaper route money for a N64. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Mom dragged us to one of her friend's kid's birthday party. He must've been about 6 years old and I was 14 or 15 at the time so I didn't want to go. Then they fire up the N64 at the party with WCW/NWO Revenge and I was blown away at how deep the wrestling mechanics were.

Took me a whole a year to save the money plus I didn't want to pay full price on the N64, waited for it to get down to $99 CDN. :lol::lol::lol:

My bro and I were heavy into WWF so I ended up paying $99 CDN for the WM2K on launch. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
I Didn't get into the AKI games until a few months before Revenge came out. My little cousin had WCW/NWO World Tour and I talked him out of it.

I originally didn't know how to do the special moves; moving the joystick while in a grapple was just something I couldn't think to do. I eventually found out right before Revenge came out.

Pulling all-nighters with four players on Revenge was way more fun than anything I can remember. ( Even Goldeneye, Mario Cart, Halo, Madden, NBA Live)

An employee at a retro video game store told me that one of the lesser known wrestling promotions was or did come out with a wrestling game with a similar engine. He just told me this recently.

Was it Revenge or World Tour (or both) where if you moved the joystick while getting pinned, you could always break out? I know they removed that in Wrestlemania 2000 but I know there were times with my friends where as soon as you pinned someone, you had to watch their hands :lol:

Was it Revenge or World Tour (or both) where if you moved the joystick while getting pinned, you could always break out? I know they removed that in Wrestlemania 2000 but I know there were times with my friends where as soon as you pinned someone, you had to watch their hands :lol:
Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 / World Tour.

On the train but I will hop into this convo later.

Once on World Tour, I was beating the hell out of my homeboy, he had Kevin Nash and I had someone I can't remember. Nash was beaten and bloodied as I had already done a special or two, plus all sorts of heavy grapples on him up to this point.

Out of nowhere I caught him right in the face with a punch. (The heavy kind where you hold down B.) Nash fell and went into the shaking and trying to get up animation. I decided just to leave him there because we were playing with the K.O.s on and I wanted to end the match already.

Knowing that this was it for him my homeboy started yelling, "PICK'EM UP! PICK'EM UP! AWWWW COME ON, DAWG, PICK'EM UP!"

Lmao he was heated, I left his character there on the mat and won with a TKO.

ran through smb3 last sunday.
I could definitely hear Griselda over the ice world's theme song lol.
especially wsg and mach hommy.

anyway the level in world 7 where you have to keep getting the star and dodge the black plants that can't be killed might be the illest level in the game. I've never thought about a breakdown of my top 5 or 10 levels in Mario 1-world..

got my Sega Genesis mini... the wireless controller I got with it sucks... so I'm a order the wired 6 button one... still waiting for my true blue memory card that has the games on there... that's coming on Saturday
20191230_164959.jpg

Yall think its worth copping over a 10 dollar difference? i copped last week for 45 was going to buy a second one today for 35 and return the original one... is that too much work for 10 bucks :lol:

^ i thought that myself... i was like thats 10 bucks for all that work... just needed validation i was right before going through all that trouble :lol:

the hammer bros suit is useless IMO. you don't get that many and I always end up hording the four or five the game allows you to have.
I can't get the timing 100% but it seems like if you throw at a certain angle the enemy gets hit more than once so on bosses like boom boom you can kill them with one or two hammers.
I've killed koopa before but I don't remember how many hammers it took.

kinda brings me to Mario 2 and the crab boss. when he throws rocks you can catch them immediately and throw them...if you're at a certain angle he can be killed in like two rocks I believe. the rocks hit him more than once too. I think I got this on video playing as the princess. been awhile tho so take what I said with a grain of salt.

20191231_170840_resize_53.jpg
20191231_171627_resize_46.jpg
20191231_172158_resize_32.jpg

I got all of this yesterday. The strategy guides were a dollar each. I'm trying to get every licensed NBA game for NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Game Cube, Wii, PSX, PS2, PS3,PS4, and the original XBox. Those are the systems I own so that's why it's only those systems. Although 2K on Dreamcast was great, I may get a Dreamcast.

I'm also getting some non-licensed games like Arch-rivals, Bill Lambeers basketball, Double Dribble, Barkley Shut Up and Jam, etc.

I think I'm close to halfway there, I'll post some pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom