**The OVERRATED ARTIST Thread**

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

6. N.E.R.D. ( They are just garbage)

Yeah You > any Weezy song
straight%20face.jpg

I'ma have to go with Lupe. I can't stand how you can always hear dude taking a deep breath between every bar.. on damn near every track... kills thetotal package IMO.

Wayne > Lupe, any day of the week

Originally Posted by ai3plus1penny

I'ma have to go with Lupe. I can't stand how you can always hear dude taking a deep breath between every bar.. on damn near every track... kills the total package IMO.

Wayne > Lupe, any day of the week

mmm i respect that opinion.. i enjoy both of their artistry
pimp.gif

I dont see how AZ is overrrated i mean he isnt known enough and hasnt been relevent in so long 2 be on anyones radar 2 be rated. Lupe is right where he shouldbe he is one of the few rappers who dont make music solely for commercial succes,rather he makes music that gets commercial success. he really doesnt getdicussed that often other then around his debut, and ppl was kinda saying he is like the messiah savior. That point ppl was kinda riding him but overall i dontthink he is overrated dude has the goods.

Justin timberlake
the dream
ne-yo
jerimih
pleasure p
mario
trey

pretty much ALL these new school R&B cats...I mean, they're good (at best), but I swear on this board ya'll treat them like they thesecond coming.

Cats kill me thinking just cuz THEY dislike something that it has no worth. Nobody who worked as hard or as long as Lil Wayne to get where they are deserves tobe called overrated. And that goes for most of the names in this thread.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Cats kill me thinking just cuz THEY dislike something that it has no worth. Nobody who worked as hard or as long as Lil Wayne to get where they are deserves to be called overrated. And that goes for most of the names in this thread.

^ you always have something intelligent to say (no d-riding) i like the way you think and your 100% right.. but do you like Lil Wayne's music? j/w

Originally Posted by A Stunting GoTRILLa

Justin timberlake
the dream
ne-yo
jerimih
pleasure p
mario
trey

pretty much ALL these new school R&B cats...I mean, they're good (at best), but I swear on this board ya'll treat them like they the second coming.
None of these cats are overrated.. i TOTALLY disagree with your list... who said these cats are the second coming?! sure wasn't I....

Cats kill me thinking just cuz THEY dislike something that it has no worth. Nobody who worked as hard or as long as Lil Wayne to get where they are deserves to be called overrated. And that goes for most of the names in this thread.

^ you always have something intelligent to say (no d-riding) i like the way you think and your 100% right.. but do you like Lil Wayne's music? j/w
'Preciate it bro. I try
grin.gif

I'd say I like about 40% of the stuff he's made since The Carter, if that. But the fact that he's had to evolve so many times just to be where heis and in the position he's in says a lot. So many cats drown in this game and he's been breast stroking it since he was 14. That's admirable, ifnothing else. So is he as good as he says he is? Hell no. But does he deserve every penny and every spin thus far? Iwouldn't doubt it.

'Preciate it bro. I try
grin.gif

I'd say I like about 40% of the stuff he's made since The Carter, if that. But the fact that he's had to evolve so many times just to be where he is and in the position he's in says a lot. So many cats drown in this game and he's been breast stroking it since he was 14. That's admirable, if nothing else. So is he as good as he says he is? Hell no. But does he deserve every penny and every spin thus far? I wouldn't doubt it.

hmmmm ok... i dont think Weezy is Overrated/Overhyped his success should erase all that NT talk... 1,000,000 first week Tha Carter III + the highest sellingalbum of 2008 for ANY GENRE is success at it peak...

I don't know how ANYBODY says Jay-Z is overrated.

I want somebody to compare their favorite artist catalog to his and lets see how "overrated" Jay is.

'Preciate it bro. I try
grin.gif

I'd say I like about 40% of the stuff he's made since The Carter, if that. But the fact that he's had to evolve so many times just to be where he is and in the position he's in says a lot. So many cats drown in this game and he's been breast stroking it since he was 14. That's admirable, if nothing else. So is he as good as he says he is? Hell no. But does he deserve every penny and every spin thus far? I wouldn't doubt it.

hmmmm ok... i dont think Weezy is Overrated/Overhyped his success should erase all that NT talk... 1,000,000 first week Tha Carter III + the highest selling album of 2008 for ANY GENRE is success at it peak...
Well that's mostly good marketing.. but let's be real, 90% of people that "hate" wayne still like some of his stuff. That says a lot. Dude has some real gems scattered throughout all that nonsense he's been droppinglately.There was a time when he could have been the best rapper alive at the pace he was going.

OVERRATED & OVERHYPED is no different... anyway my list goes... ( no particular order)

1. Joe Budden (he's not nice...Seriously)
2. Dom Kennedy
3. AZ
4. Eminem
5. Fabolous (Too overratted.. NBA live rating should be a 75 but NT gives him a 85)
6. N.E.R.D. ( They are just garbage)
7. Taylor Swift

ima think of more soon...
ohwell.gif
(be patient)

roll.gif
why u hatin on taylor swift, she shouldnt even matter toyou

Back
Top Bottom