**The OVERRATED ARTIST Thread**

Originally Posted by EvansST

I don't know how ANYBODY says Jay-Z is overrated.

I want somebody to compare their favorite artist catalog to his and lets see how "overrated" Jay is.

What do catalogs have to do with someone being overrated?

You could be the clear-cut best at your given craft, which Jay isn't, and still be overrated.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Pretty much every artist is overrated on NT though.
laugh.gif

Yo, winter! Wayne worked hard no doubt. That is respectable. That is the only respectable thing about him though. Dude drops the same verse every song. He ISSO over rated. He could run for president and literally win next election. Dude has "I AM MUSIC" on his face. He is a gangster rapper. He is adisgrace to "music" in my opinion.

I swear these overrated threads make me laugh with these dudes getting butt hurt over some artist they love being labeled overrated. It's gotten to thepoint I don't think ppl even know what the word means.

Originally Posted by A Stunting GoTRILLa

Justin timberlake
the dream
ne-yo
jerimih
pleasure p
mario
trey

pretty much ALL these new school R&B cats...I mean, they're good (at best), but I swear on this board ya'll treat them like they the second coming.
I agree with the rest of that list, especially on NT. None of those guys could sell out an arena based off their albums. And none of them have"classic" singles either, all their music is hot for a period of time and then disappears off the face of the Earth.

Based on the numbers they do and mass appeal JT and Ne-Yo are on top of the R&B game right now unless Usher can make a Confessions 2.

Wow gucci fans saying budden, lupe and 3 stacks are overrated?? Ive seen it all....

But this thread is just one of those where every great artist will be named just to spark up an argument....ie....em, lupe, joey, jay, 3 stacks

o yes i forgot to add plies to my list! totally overrated!

The only hot single he ahd was "Bust it baby part 2."

the rest of his songs are
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

sick.gif

how is plies overatted? i thought everyone knew he sucks

and philly5fan Gucci > every rapper i mentioned get mad and yes im serious

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Cats kill me thinking just cuz THEY dislike something that it has no worth. Nobody who worked as hard or as long as Lil Wayne to get where they are deserves to be called overrated. And that goes for most of the names in this thread.

^ you always have something intelligent to say (no d-riding) i like the way you think and your 100% right.. but do you like Lil Wayne's music? j/w
'Preciate it bro. I try
grin.gif

I'd say I like about 40% of the stuff he's made since The Carter, if that. But the fact that he's had to evolve so many times just to be where he is and in the position he's in says a lot. So many cats drown in this game and he's been breast stroking it since he was 14. That's admirable, if nothing else. So is he as good as he says he is? Hell no. But does he deserve every penny and every spin thus far? I wouldn't doubt it.

hmmmm ok... i dont think Weezy is Overrated/Overhyped his success should erase all that NT talk... 1,000,000 first week Tha Carter III + the highest selling album of 2008 for ANY GENRE is success at it peak...
Well that's mostly good marketing.. but let's be real, 90% of people that "hate" wayne still like some of his stuff. That says a lot. Dude has some real gems scattered throughout all that nonsense he's been dropping lately.There was a time when he could have been the best rapper alive at the pace he was going.

Mhm good marketing + if your on EVERYONE's track & 1.5 million people bought your album (just in the first week) the music you give to people HAS TO BEGOOD. Wayne STILL gives people FREE MUSIC/MIXTAPES (well mixtapes every now and then) like every other day and MOST of the tracks are GOOD IMO. His work ethicis bar none.. so many more rappers would be "hot" if they followed his work routine. but then again not too many rappers have much to say and cantrhyme
grin.gif

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

sick.gif

haha o every thinks he sucks?!
eek.gif
ohh alright forget what i said up topthen! cause i think he sucks too!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

sick.gif

well damn....i wont even bother lol

BIG
Jay Z
Camron
Andre 3000
Joe Budden
Fabolous
Lil Wayne
Kid Cudi
Drake
Lupe
Raekwon
50 Cent
Redman
ILLMATIC IS O-VER-RAY-DID

Originally Posted by xDetr0itJaTTx

BIG
Jay Z
Camron
Andre 3000
Joe Budden
Fabolous
Lil Wayne
Kid Cudi
Drake
Lupe
Raekwon
50 Cent
Redman
ILLMATIC IS O-VER-RAY-DID

Stop looking for attention.

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Yo, winter! Wayne worked hard no doubt. That is respectable. That is the only respectable thing about him though. Dude drops the same verse every song. He IS SO over rated. He could run for president and literally win next election. Dude has "I AM MUSIC" on his face. He is a gangster rapper. He is a disgrace to "music" in my opinion.
laugh.gif
I guess man... all I can say in Weezy's defense is that he's way more clever than most rappers. He doesn't always perform up tohis full ability, but the fact that he has such a high ceiling is remarkable. That, and he's pretty damn versatile.

Gucci
OJ Juicemane

I have no idea what NT sees in these dudes, there trash too me
sick.gif

Andre 3000 is true because everyone jumped on his piece after Walk It Out/Throw Some D's

all this 3 Stacks = top 5 #%+! was not being said 3-5 yrs ago
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

and he is an AMAZING rapper and I'm a fan...

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

degrassi-jimmy.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Overrated Kanye lyrically (even though he makes good albums)
J.Cole (not feeling his material besides his good verse on "A Star Is Born")
Eminem(very talented just doesn't make great albums besides MMLP)
Lil Wayne(Use to be a good artist now is putting out sub-par material)

Back
Top Bottom