The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Yo! :emoji_astonished:

I know I’m mad late, but just hearing this for the first time.

This is wild flagrant.

First time hearing this too.
The conversation needs to shift to how to get the man formerly known as the Fresh Prince some help. No man goes through this publicly and comes out sane.

Why wouldn't he be?

How would I know what he’s interested in?

I know dude is married, because he has said it in his comedy

And then he’s had some jokes about transgender ladies

Why would I assume what his cup of tea is outside of his marriage?

Why would I assume he wants anyone other than his wife?

chris rock said he made the doc because of his black daughters

the problem with society and black peoples hair is the expectations to conform to what white people deem as acceptable/professional

Extensions go far beyond black women

i don’t think in trying to uplift black women taking shots specifically at them helps
Did he take shots at black women? Or a black woman? Or just a woman that happens to be black?

Idk bro. She shaved her head, she created the opportunity to get roasted. Not saying her reasoning for shaving it wasn't completely reasonable. But the opportunity was created for a soft tap like that. So much of comedy is just observations. Some of y'all acting like he blasted her as a black woman and in turn all black women. Not like he saw her bald and said 'Hey Jada, looking clean, good luck with that chemo with ya black ***. Good thing you lost it so you aren't nappy.' He didn't embarrass us. He compared her to a white female soldier movie from the 90s that shaved her head to fit in.

He made a bald joke, not a racial joke or even a joke with racial undertones. Just because in our community hair is a part of our culture doesn't me we can't get roasted if we even perceivably get caught looking different? Especially if it's us roasting us. But not somebody white roasting us on stuff we feel is a part of the culture. Family can talk **** about family, but nobody else better pop ****.

Will 'embarrassed' us way more than Chris did.

Since this the Oscars thread - what's been the best film this Oscars cycle?
"God is Not Dead: We the People"

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican recommended it

Will 'embarrassed' us way more than Chris did.

Who is this “us” you speak of?

And who did they embarrass y’all to?

Will smith, jada and/or Chris rock ain’t got a damn thing to do with me

Back
Top Bottom