The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

what does warrant getting hit?
At an award show where jokes from a comedian are to be expected? For me, nothing.
And stop trying to remove that context from it when responding to me. I've been consistent in that for me, nothing warrants getting up on stage to hit a comedian at the Oscars over a mild joke.

And again, for people like you who are quick to jump to violence when there's literally no threat to you nor your loved ones, remember that 99% of people don't have the resources and fame Will Smith does. A regular guy resorting to violence means high likelihood of time behind bars or catching probation. Try defending your loved ones behind bars and living an extraordinary life with a criminal record. You do you though. You are way tougher than me.

8uhw6z0uugq81.jpg

At an award show where jokes from a comedian are to be expected? For me, nothing.

of all the hypotheticals you came up with above, you can’t think of a single thing that could be said to you about someone you love that would cross THAT line for you?

since you want hypotheticals, my grandmother died of cancer.. she lost her hair as a result of the chemo and wore wigs.. I don’t care where we are or what knowledge you have, if you think it appropriate to make a joke about my grandmother’s wig, you and I have problems.. I don’t care what your profession is or what you thought the circumstances were that gave you some magical free pass

i have no idea what you are talking about

but i have been abundantly clear on the Chris rock/will smith matter

Amy Schumer talked about Jennifer Lawrence's weight gain, being that she's battled weight issues.

Regina Hall joked about Will and Jada's open marriage earlier

Are those hittable?

Did Twitter not spark up enough big girls on a body shaming crusade?

of all the hypotheticals you came up with above, you can’t think of a single thing that could be said to you about someone you love that would cross THAT line for you?

since you want hypotheticals, my grandmother died of cancer.. she lost her hair as a result of the chemo and wore wigs.. I don’t care where we are or what knowledge you have, if you think it appropriate to make a joke about my grandmother’s wig, you and I have problems.. I don’t care what your profession is or what you thought the circumstances were that gave you some magical free pass
At an awards show during the comedy segment? No. Not even being argumentative, my answer is literally no in that context. Again, stop leaving out that context in all your questions. A comedy segment during an awards show. That is where this is taking place. Not the streets.

What hypotheticals? I've literally talked about Will hitting Chris. That happened. There's no hypotheticals. Like I said we can disagree, just don't hit me.

some sh being funny don’t mean it won’t get you f’d up

a valuable lesson in life to learn is who you can and who you can’t or shouldn’t say shh to or about

id hope all people would learn that sh at a young age, but unfortunately some folks dont

being a comedian don’t give you a free pass to say or do whatever you want without consequences, a lot of terrible comedians out there that should be doing other shh and alot people say mean shh trying be funny just cause they think they can get away with it
The Academy Awards aren't the streets bruh. They're known to be mini-roasts for celebs. You know what you're signing up for by attending. If you take yourself that seriously and are too sensitive to take a joke, yet laugh at jokes about others, keep your hypocritical *** at home.

Amy Schumer talked about Jennifer Lawrence's weight gain, being that she's battled weight issues.

Regina Hall joked about Will and Jada's open marriage earlier

Are those hittable?

Did Twitter not spark up enough big girls on a body shaming crusade?

a lot of people have joked about jada and will marriage, I haven’t been keeping track of all of them

anything that has come out of Amy schumer’s mouth that I have heard/seen in the last few years, is by accident and I wish I didn’t hear/see it

If you take yourself that seriously and are too sensitive to take a joke, yet laugh at jokes about others, keep your hypocritical *** at home.
That's part of the outcry: people are taking that second part seriously so they can take the first part seriously. "I'm outraged FOR Jada, so that when someone clowns my weight and I go to social media, no one can call me a hypocrite."

-foe

You can be slapped by anyone at anytime for anything. Jokes hold different weight to different people. I'm not sure why that's such a revelation as I think everyone understands that at its core. I'm not sure why ****** are beating that horse to death.

The majority of the discourse is centered around Will's decision to do what he did for a variety of reasons.

I bet if he hit Laverne Cox, all the fake righteous ****** would have been in here talkin bout "Will was wrong for hitting a woman".

At an awards show during the comedy segment? No. Not even being argumentative, my answer is literally no in that context. Again, stop leaving out that context in all your questions.

Ok

at no point do I leave out the context, if that person decides to say something publicly then the should be prepared to deal with the consequences publicly

Ok

at no point do I leave out the context, if that person decides to say something publicly then the should be prepared to deal with the consequences publicly
And if the consequences were Will shot Chris in the head is that ok too? Since he did it publicly he should deal with it right? since he was offended and upset Chris should live with whatever comes next right? Extend your logic all the way

I think more people should be slapped for saying dumb ****. The world would be a much better place.
You might think this sounds super tough and cool in your head, but hate to break it to you - a functioning society doesn't have people taking violence as their first course of action when everyone has their own standards of what pisses them off.

You wouldn't be sitting there on NT with functioning Internet talking about this. You would've been done a long time ago unless you've never offended anyone in your entire life

Extend your logic all the way

why?

also I have made my views on guns pretty clear in this thread:

You might think this sounds super tough and cool in your head, but hate to break it to you - a functioning society doesn't have people taking violence as their first course of action when everyone has their own standards of what pisses them off.

You wouldn't be sitting there on NT with functioning Internet talking about this. You would've been done a long time ago unless you've never offended anyone in your entire life

orrrrrrrrrrrr we can have enough respect for our fellow man to not bully them when they are suffering from an ailment

it’s clear that jada no longer has her hair, maybe the thought should be to speak with her and ask if she’s ok.. make sure she’s not going through chemo.. before jumping up on a stage in front of your peers and millions of viewers and deciding to make jokes

There are a number of jokes seemingly available about will.. if I see a 50 year old woman without her hair, joking about it is not something that enters my head

more people are getting shot for saying and doing dumb ****, is it a better place?
Shot = slap? Bruh wut :lol:

I never said anything about being cool or tough bro wym?
I just think if you say some stupid, disrespectful ****... you liable to get dealt with accordingly.

Idk who raised some of you guys.

The NT tough guys are slapping people in the face over jokes…in the streets…yea okay.

Y’all must be from some relatively safe streets. What a goofy thing to maybe lose your life over.

Violent, physical reactions like that are really low-level responses to perceived disrespect. That type of action is generally limited to people who lack resources or have not invested the necessary time in themselves to respond reasonably. Will acknowledged that he allowed the situation to take him to a place he knows he shouldn’t have gone. Y’all are defending an action Will himself isn’t defending.

Kareem = "Will was wildin"
The Internet = "Your son stabbed someone"

Zoe Kravitz = "Will was wildin"
The Internet = "You're a pedophile and you don't like black people"

Anyone in general = "Will was wildin"
The Internet = "Chris Rock let Louis CK say *****"

#WATTBA

This just shows how much goodwill (no pun intended) Smith has accumulated over the years.

Back
Top Bottom