The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

^^^
Wish a lot of these games had more realistic indoor architecture. I've worked at several offices and most ceiling heights are about 12' with corridors about 20' maximum.

These games strive for realism but they get some of these details completely wrong with indoor areas all having cathedral ceilings and massive 20' or higher doors.

Bad Religion Bad Religion you ever played the Lufia series? What about Secret of Evermore? I put a few games on my SNES and was wondering if these were any good. I came across when I was listening to one of those best VGM playlists on YT when I was grinding those 200 lightning strikes on FF X HD :lol:

Archers have to be top 3 most important classes late in the game.
my first party only had one archer! (fran starts with a bow so i assumed she can use other bows but she cant)

i made a new one with an additional archer and another who can use the crossbows

**then i realized the person who can use daggers also uses ninja swords (didnt realize the person who wields katanas does not use ninja swords) so i have to create an additional party!!!

its kind of fun doing this..but at this rate i will never make it to the cerobi steppe (end-goal)

the job system is cool but doesnt make sense

balthier starts off with a gun but he cant use any other ones unless u give him the job

im hearing the black/red mage combo is crazy good too might explore that

Bad Religion Bad Religion you ever played the Lufia series? What about Secret of Evermore? I put a few games on my SNES and was wondering if these were any good. I came across when I was listening to one of those best VGM playlists on YT when I was grinding those 200 lightning strikes on FF X HD :lol:

I've only ever heard of Secret of Evermore, but I loooooved Lufia II! I honestly havent thought about that game in years. It was one of the few games my uncle had on SNES when we went to visit every year when I was a kid. I remember there be a randomly generated dungeon and it blowing my mind. :lol: I haven't played that game in over 20 years so I have no idea how it holds up.

my first party only had one archer! (fran starts with a bow so i assumed she can use other bows but she cant)

i made a new one with an additional archer and another who can use the crossbows

**then i realized the person who can use daggers also uses ninja swords (didnt realize the person who wields katanas does not use ninja swords) so i have to create an additional party!!!

its kind of fun doing this..but at this rate i will never make it to the cerobi steppe (end-goal)

the job system is cool but doesnt make sense

balthier starts off with a gun but he cant use any other ones unless u give him the job

im hearing the black/red mage combo is crazy good too might explore that

Yea, having two jobs was an addition to the International Zodiac edition I never played until this remaster. It completely changes how you need to plan out your party. The ease of getting each players end-game weapons also factor in, as some are much easier than others. I did the chest glitch on the airship to get the bow early.

I was deep into a Gamefaqs thread about the party possibilities, as it is pretty easy to under-power yourself with the wrong combo. I basically built my party around ranged fighters, which is a terrible choice on some of the late hunts, as you need higher DPS.

Yea, having two jobs was an addition to the International Zodiac edition I never played until this remaster. It completely changes how you need to plan out your party. The ease of getting each players end-game weapons also factor in, as some are much easier than others. I did the chest glitch on the airship to get the bow early.

I was deep into a Gamefaqs thread about the party possibilities, as it is pretty easy to under-power yourself with the wrong combo. I basically built my party around ranged fighters, which is a terrible choice on some of the late hunts, as you need higher DPS.
i played so many hours on the vanilla ps2 version (over 1000)..every character was 99

i never chose to beat the game

cerobi steppe is the coolest level i ever played in..i could run around it forever..its a great place to grind and the treasure chests/loot drops are amazing (ribbon chest/lightning arrows/ame no makumora)..to me it is a perfect level..it looks like new zealand lol..you can access it early once you get to the phon coast

I was making great progress last week and made it to mount bur omnisace..and i forgot how fun it is to have a ranged party..i can get back to where i was in maybe 5 hours ..but I need to really re-think the jobs..there is no way i could only use one archer.. im fine not using hammers/axes/guns but one archer?? nah

**a tip dont ever defeat the rare game..just always use thief cuffs to steal their rare loot repeatedly

Last edited:
I've only ever heard of Secret of Evermore, but I loooooved Lufia II! I honestly havent thought about that game in years. It was one of the few games my uncle had on SNES when we went to visit every year when I was a kid. I remember there be a randomly generated dungeon and it blowing my mind. :lol: I haven't played that game in over 20 years so I have no idea how it holds up.
I’m trying hold off on any new purchases til Black Friday so I’m using some of these unplayed SNES games to help out :lol:

a4a.gif

SOCOM Battle Royale. Beat PUBG to PS4. Boom.

Resembles Quantum Break imo. Not necessarily a bad thing but QB was kind of stale. I would have preferred something more similar to Alan Wake.
Yeah I know what you mean. I love QB but I agree 100%. They have to give us Alan Wake after that trailer in QB

Also all the Alan Wake easter eggs in QB had me hyped.

Giant Bomb keeps referring to Control as the new Psi-Ops, but it doesn't look as free-moving. Seems like you can pick things up, and throw them, but not moving them around freely. Also didn't see her pick up an enemy

Is the Show 18 any good?

Very good.

If you're a baseball fan then it's a must have.

The Show series is one of the most highly regarded sports game annually.

Detroit was so much fun. Gonna go back to it after I knock out Kingdom Hearts.

Man I haven't been back to Detroit after my epic fail at Zlatko's house. :lol::smh:

Going get back on it when I come home from work.

Back
Top Bottom