The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I get terrible wifi speeds downstairs in my house on my PS4 only. everything else downstairs gets around 25 down and 10 up. My ps4 gets around 3 down 1 up
I tried getting a powerline and im still getting terrible connection speeds

Im bout ready to chuck this thing out my house. POS
Try a different outlet that might work.
I did everything, I plug my computer into the same powerline connection and im getting 25 down 10 up but the ps4 is getting 5.7 down and 1.1 up right now. I just don't get why this PS4 is being such a POS
Nah, he is right. I have a powerline and I will suddenly drop host for np reason. Keep getting "not connected to PS network" or "cannot connect to the internet". My phone, laptop, my bros gear and my Xbox are all fine, but the PS4 is still dropping. I'm baffled.
Ahh gotcha sorry about that. I didn't use my Powerline on my PS4 yet to see the difference to the Xbox, when I first got it I had to use a different outlet compared to my preferred one to get a solid connection between the adapters.

I did everything, I plug my computer into the same powerline connection and im getting 25 down 10 up but the ps4 is getting 5.7 down and 1.1 up right now. I just don't get why this PS4 is being such a POS

PS4 would always show less speed than my PC but actual downloads of games are the same for me as a good torrent which is about 12 MBps for me.

What did help though was changing my DNS settings to Open DNS'
From the PS4 Menu, scroll right to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Select either Wi-Fi or LAN cable (Wired)
Wi-Fi: Custom > Select Network > Enter Password (automatically saved if you are already using this network) > IP Address Settings (automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
LAN (Wired): Custom > IP Address Settings (Automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220"
Next > MTU Settings (Automatic) > Proxy Server (Do Not Use) > Test Internet Connection

https://support.opendns.com/entries/55523380-Playstation-4

Do that and see if thre's a difference.

Last edited:
What Kojima needs to do is streamline his processes now that he has his own studio and doubledown on some games. Metal Gear is great, but his use of time is so dragged out. He can for sure get games out the door in a timely fashion. He can for sure direct cutscenes but he over does them.

I bought Injustice: Gods Among Us yesterday. Pretty fun. Just wanted a fighting game to play casually when I have friends over. SFV seemed to have a poor reception and MKX was too expensive. What I really wanted was a Marvel vs Capcom game. Are there any plans for that in the future? It has all the characters I want to play with and I really like the animation and cutscenes in that game. Was just playing it this past weekend at magfest and fell in love again.

I wish MvC continues with a new installment, but with the bank Marvel be making, they will probably want to make a fighter on their own or ask for a high rate to use their property. I'm pretty sure some smart dudes will keep the train rollin and make another one.

I don't think we'll see a marvel vs. capcom game for a good time because of business reasons with Disney owning marvel

Yeah, I don't know if Disney is keen to having their "superheroes" fighting for reasons other than for good. But on the flip side Nintendo, another "family" friendly company, has a brawler and they are completely fine with them duking it out. I don't get it.

Imagine playing a first-person horror on VR :x

Would **** my pants 10/10

There was one from Capcom called The Kitchen.

2nd video describes what happens in it but there's hardly enough footage of it.

I'm not built for that kinda stuff :lol:

I bought Injustice: Gods Among Us yesterday. Pretty fun. Just wanted a fighting game to play casually when I have friends over. SFV seemed to have a poor reception and MKX was too expensive. What I really wanted was a Marvel vs Capcom game. Are there any plans for that in the future? It has all the characters I want to play with and I really like the animation and cutscenes in that game. Was just playing it this past weekend at magfest and fell in love again.

Disney's not interested.
Their Mobile Marvel game is raking money that MVC would only dream off and look how bad it is. They even copied SFV's supers multiple times.

All I'm hoping for is a Capcom All Stars game with the Mvc3 engine or similar.

As for Street Fighter V, the poor reception is the lack of content which is coming later. The game was released early for the Capcom Pro Tour.
The actual game play is amazing and all reviews say so.

Buy it, maybe not now but later on when the content is there.

Id be happy if marvel just made a fighting game with similar engine.

Capcom has always been the one who made the games in the MVC series, even the others like X-Men: Children of the Atom and X-men vs Street Fighter.

I would be highly skeptical if anyone else but Capcom made it. That's why all I can hope for is a Capcom all stars.

No Magneto, Wolverine, Spiderman but at least they'll be replaced with some of Capcom's characters which wouldn't have had a spot in a versus game.

Always wanted to see more Street Fighter characters in the Marvel 3 engine like Sagat or Gen.

Well damn. Might just have to cop a used Ultimate MvC 3 and an extra PS3 controller for cheap and call it a day.

The Kitchen...

I have friends that got to mess with it at E3 and said it was the truth. I got to play Adrift, and that was really good too.

BXdMHCq.gif

PS4 would always show less speed than my PC but actual downloads of games are the same for me as a good torrent which is about 12 MBps for me.

What did help though was changing my DNS settings to Open DNS'
From the PS4 Menu, scroll right to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Select either Wi-Fi or LAN cable (Wired)
Wi-Fi: Custom > Select Network > Enter Password (automatically saved if you are already using this network) > IP Address Settings (automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
LAN (Wired): Custom > IP Address Settings (Automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220"
Next > MTU Settings (Automatic) > Proxy Server (Do Not Use) > Test Internet Connection

https://support.opendns.com/entries/55523380-Playstation-4

Do that and see if thre's a difference.

I'll look into this jest time I get on took me something like 8 hours to download the division beta

any deals for PS+ going around?

also why are PS3 controllers still so expensive? :x

my father still uses my PS3 but my controller is done and hes been bugging me to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom