The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

GT sport? I'm in and I don't even know what it is :lol:
Guess it's like horizon.

Gran Turismo Sport for PS4: What We Know So Far

View media item 1764458

3 Game Modes

GTPlanet can confirm that GT Sport will include three distinct game modes: “Campaign”, “Sports Mode”, and “Arcade Mode”. This nomenclature is an interesting departure from what we’ve seen in the most recent titles, suggesting the game will take a different route in its overall structure.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-27-at-9.15.33-PM-638x287.png

FIA Gran Turismo Online Championship

The FIA aims to formally ratify the “Gran Turismo Online Championship” at the organization’s next World Motorsport Council meeting. Two championships will be held simultaneously throughout the year: the “Nations Cup” and “Manufacturers Cup”, where players represent either their country or their favorite car manufacturer.

Once ratified, the FIA will manage the series directly as any of their other franchises, including the World Rally Championship, Formula 1, World Endurance Championship, etc. The winners will be honored at the FIA’s annual prize-giving ceremonies in Paris.

Live “E-Sports” Events

The Nations Cup and Manufacturers Cup will have “live” components, presumably similar in form to the regional finals held around the world each year for GT Academy. Polyphony Digital and Sony are actively looking to promote Gran Turismo as an “e-sports” platform to promote virtual motorsports in the future.

We have also learned that organized “online events” are also planned to be held on a regular basis.

More Than Just Online Racing

There has been some concern among players who enjoy offline racing that GT Sport is primarily focused towards online competitions, but that’s likely not the case, according to much of the language used both on the PlayStation Blog and the official website:

“But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.”

— PlayStation Blog

“The major difference between real life motorsports and ‘Gran Turismo SPORT’ is in the fact that anyone, from children to the elderly, can participate and enjoy racing.

“Even players who have never played driving games until now can discover how fun it is to drive! Whilst at the same time, it will have the depth and complexity to meet the expectations of the existing Gran Turismo fans.”

— gran-turismo.com

playstation_vr_banner-638x326.jpg

PlayStation VR Support Confirmed

There’s no doubt about it – Gran Turismo Sport will be fully compatible with the PlayStation VR virtual-reality headset. This will have a profound impact on the gameplay experience, as racing games have long been considered one of the best applications of VR technology.

“Through the testing that we’ve performed so far, the experience looks to be something that’s very good, and very natural,” Kazunori Yamauchi said during his presentation.

As of writing, there is no solid release date for the PlayStation VR yet, though it’s currently set for sometime during the “first half of 2016”. It’s likely to be closely tied to the full launch of Gran Turismo Sport.

Improved Graphics, Physics, & Sounds

This isn’t much of a surprise, but the physics will reportedly be improved to take advantage of the PS4’s additional processing power. Engine sounds have also been a priority for Polyphony Digital since the launch of Gran Turismo 6, and GTPlanet has learned the company’s new sound engineer Mike Caviezel has been hard at work to change the way the sounds are generated.

We’ll finally be able to hear his progress when we get our first hands-on look at GT Sport.

GT Academy 2016 & Vision GT

We’ve been hearing off-the-record for quite some time that GT Academy 2016 will be hosted on the PlayStation 4, and it appears all but confirmed that GT Sport will be the new platform for Nissan’s annual gamer-to-racer competition.

Kazunori mentioned both GT Academy and Vision GT during his presentation, discussing how both programs made history in the past, and how Polyphony hopes to continue doing so in the future with GT Sport.

2016 Launch Date, Public Beta in Spring

The PlayStation Blog has confirmed the game will launch in 2016, with a “Spring 2016” window for Gran Turismo Sport’s beta. During his presentation in Paris, Kazunori announced that the game will begin open beta testing with “everyone in the game community” starting “early next year”. What does this mean, exactly?

Since the launch of PlayStation 4, several major titles have public beta versions of their game on the PlayStation Network, including Star Wars: Battlefront and Uncharted 4. They are essentially pre-release demos, which offer an early look at the game.

Gran Turismo, of course, has a long history of such previews – older fans will no doubt recall Gran Turismo HD which released as a download-only title on the PlayStation 3 back in 2006. It gave us our first look at the Eiger Nordwand circuit along with online leaderboards and a small collection of new cars. There was a similar demo for GT5: Prologue, though it was only released in Japan.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-what-we-know-so-far/

There are some difficulty spikes (mainly due to the incompetent AI) but try to get through it. I definitely think NNK was one of PS3's top games. It's probably the best JRPG exclusive too

Red case
sick.gif
Thanks for the info. I def. looked up if you could change the difficulty on the fly, prior to selecting normal difficulty.

You said "an hour into NiNoKuni 
smokin.gif
"

that was the worst part.  Story was great, but the tutorials... 
mean.gif
   I got a great familiar from pre-ordering, I think its name was Griffy.  But that dude was OP, helped me out a lot.  Even bought the Hard Bound Collector's strategy guide.  NNK was soo goooood.

Last edited:
You said "an hour into NiNoKuni :smokin "

that was the worst part.  Story was great, but the tutorials... :smh:    I got a great familiar from pre-ordering, I think its name was Griffy.  But that dude was OP, helped me out a lot.  Even bought the Hard Bound Collector's strategy guide.  NNK was soo goooood.

When did you get a chance to use Griffy. I got him too from preordering and got to about 20 hours into the game.

You said "an hour into NiNoKuni 
smokin.gif
"

that was the worst part.  Story was great, but the tutorials... 
mean.gif
   I got a great familiar from pre-ordering, I think its name was Griffy.  But that dude was OP, helped me out a lot.  Even bought the Hard Bound Collector's strategy guide.  NNK was soo goooood.
When did you get a chance to use Griffy. I got him too from preordering and got to about 20 hours into the game.
I forget exactly, but i think you gotta go that one place where the challenges are (That one place surrounded by mountains).. Turn it in and a you get a new familiar.

Last edited:

Wireless Headset worth copping?

I've never had one before
It does for me when I need to play/watch netflix while the baby is sleeping.
but you can always just plug into your wireless controller... I say if you're a casual gamer, just keep it wired.  I got the Sony Gold Wireless headset, but i use it plugged in most of the time, either that or these noise cancelling skull candy headphones.

but you can always just plug into your wireless controller... I say if you're a casual gamer, just keep it wired.  I got the Sony Gold Wireless headset, but i use it plugged in most of the time, either that or these noise cancelling skull candy headphones.
I need to do this more often lol.

So today, I went to a gamestop and tried to trade in my PS Vita and a couple games, but I got decline because my vita didn't have "OG charger". I was pissed yo. I didn't even let brah take my other games. So I left and went to another gamestop and tried the same trade in. These fools took everything and was like as long as the other charger works then we'll take it.

I'm like you can't be serious so brah lied to me.

I didn't say that aloud of course but I was low key heated.

Long story short I copped Fallout 4 & Black ops 3 for $17.

worth the hassle imo.

Back
Top Bottom