The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

SF V will be top fighting game of this gen. It is what it is bruh.

What makes you say that, given tekken's sales lead over street fighter?
We saw in the Tekken trailer one of the reasons why Tekken>>>, sidestepping.
Sales have nothing to do with the quality of a game. If that was the case, you'd be able to acknowledge that PS4 > XB1 right? Tekken was a big force on one of the biggest selling consoles of all time. How many Tekken games released during the gap of SF3 and SF4? I'm only speaking on main entries for both series.

Down for some rainbow 6 most days the game is so much better playing with cool people you guys can add me. Tdoggy57

Sales have nothing to do with the quality of a game. If that was the case, you'd be able to acknowledge that PS4 > XB1 right? Tekken was a big force on one of the biggest selling consoles of all time. How many Tekken games released during the gap of SF3 and SF4? I'm only speaking on main entries for both series.
If you don't mean sales, what do you mean by top? Tekken's quality is unmatched right now. Tekken is 3d, sf 2d. Given that, tekken offers more than sf. From a gameplay perspective. More moves per fighter, more encounters, stage variety, Etc. Idk how many tekken games released between that time.

If you don't mean sales, what do you mean by top? Tekken's quality is unmatched right now. Tekken is 3d, sf 2d. Given that, tekken offers more than sf. From a gameplay perspective. More moves per fighter, more encounters, stage variety, Etc. Idk how many tekken games released between that time.
I meant that game will be better overall; gameplay, presentation, music. SF V will have a story but Tekken will probably take that just based off that recent trailer. I'm not a fan of 3D fighting games. Honestly I thought most people preferred 2D but different strokes for different folks.

3D and 2D fighting games are 2 completely different beasts. That's why 2D fighting games haven't died or evolved into 3D fighting games, In fact they're more popular but the point is that one isn't better than the other.

Street fighter is all about spacing, execution and reading your opponent. The mind games in high level play are on another level. It's like a chess match, every decision counts and this is why it's the most popular IMO.

As far as popularity goes, Street Fighter IV has been the most popular game at EVO since it's first one in 2009. It gets the most entrants and most views.
It saw MK9, Injustice, Tekken Tag 2, KOF etc all come and go.

If you add all the sales of SFIV, it's over 8 million sod so it sells well too.

Only blemish for Street Fighter has been that it's relied on it's game play too much. The story and characters are great but the story mode in their games have been lacking. MK kills it in that regard and that's why that game sold a ton because the casual gamer can enjoy the game without being Daigo.

Tekken also beats it in game modes. I remember playing tekken 3 for a long time because of Tekken Force mode. Much better than beating up a car.
Hopefully Street Fighter solves that or gives us the world tour mode we had in Alpha 3

SF V is said to have a story mode but I'm not expecting much. I'd be fine with small video snippets similiar to OG SF4.

Don't get me wrong, I've tekkened a bit, but only because I needed something to do at the laundromat that week my washer was broken.

Y'all wilding..

Street fighter is all about spacing, execution and reading your opponent. The mind games in high level play are on another level. It's like a chess match, every decision counts and this is why it's the most popular IMO.

that's like saying the rest of the fighting games are only about button mashing.

I feel like all fighting games have that element in it.

I meant that game will be better overall; gameplay, presentation, music. SF V will have a story but Tekken will probably take that just based off that recent trailer. I'm not a fan of 3D fighting games. Honestly I thought most people preferred 2D but different strokes for different folks.
i disagree. Tekken is a more impressive fighter to me. Especially, for all the reasons you listed.

Hopefully, tekken 7 makes you a fan of 3d fighters. I highly prefer 3d fighters to 2d.

i disagree. Tekken is a more impressive fighter to me. Especially, for all the reasons you listed.

Hopefully, tekken 7 makes you a fan of 3d fighters. I highly prefer 3d fighters to 2d.
I'm sure SF5 will be my go to fighter but I'll definitely check out Tekken just because it has Akuma in it and I seems like he may play a big role in the story.

Any of you guys play Soul Calibur? I thought SC5 was trash but I know a lot of people who like the series.

I'm sure SF5 will be my go to fighter but I'll definitely check out Tekken just because it has Akuma in it and I seems like he may play a big role in the story.

Any of you guys play Soul Calibur? I thought SC5 was trash but I know a lot of people who like the series.

i was a huge maxi button masher in 2 lol
love taki

The USB for my OG PS3 wireless headset crapped out, which really sucks because Sony doesn't sell replacements.

I think I might be able to pair it with some other USB thingy.

I hear the PS4 headsets are kinda flimsy, so I may just get another pair of the ps3 headsets because my pair took a beating and were still working.

Last edited:
CTurt Manages Kernel Exploit on PS4
PS4 Code Execution + Basic Homebrew

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-code-execution-basic-homebrew.396631/

In other words.. PS4 HACKED. Piracy incoming. Goodnight.

<- GBA emulator running on PS4

tumblr_mf74mztT2v1qjtajso1_500.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom