The Official The-Dream "Love King" Album Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Apparently The-Dream talks about doing an album called The Chronicles of Nikki based on the joint from the first album? Dope.

"Sex Intelligent" f/ T.I. is the 2nd single.

Saw that on the interview. I'd love for that to happen, but do I think it will? No. He talked about the biographical album that will be dropping at the end of the year. Do I think that will drop? No. How often do artists talk about what they plan, and then what happens is actually much different? Hell, even if he now has the building behind him in his new role ...

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Apparently The-Dream talks about doing an album called The Chronicles of Nikki based on the joint from the first album? Dope.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Please let this happen.
Don't let it happen. Let this be the end of his saga in terms of him as an artist. I love his song writing more. Nikki is a character created by Prince. I say leave it to Prince.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Saw that on the interview. I'd love for that to happen, but do I think it will? No. He talked about the biographical album that will be dropping at the end of the year. Do I think that will drop? No. How often do artists talk about what they plan, and then what happens is actually much different? Hell, even if he now has the building behind him in his new role ...
If anyone could do it and id believe it would have to be Dream.

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Fancy is and will forever be his best song but the dream is always appreciated

This is my 2nd fav by Dream.  My 1st is Falsetto.  Always reminds me of this chick
tired.gif

Not feeling Love King off the jump like that.

But I'm definitely still looking forward to this album.

c6d15db5b85c3b5a83118e256baa8148-getty-90044483sc018_cavs_hawks.jpg

Word. Wasn't he gonna do a collaboration album with Kanye?

Originally Posted by Ween H4ed

Word. Wasn't he gonna do a collaboration album with Kanye?

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that! See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't take artists serious with release dates and album plans, because too much changes these days ...

Don't know if it's new, but The-Dream/T.I. - Love Again

http://rapradar.com/2010/04/15/new-music-the-dream-x-t-i-love-again/
Love the vocal melodies and arrangements but damm that beat is too standard at this point in the game
Assuming this is the next single, then wow @ piano stab production on TWO SIMULTANEOUS singles?!?!
Nevermind, since it's off the mixtape then carry on
laugh.gif

and note the vocal sample from "Right Side of Ya Brain"
nerd.gif

::

I always thought Nikki is talking about his ex wife that Wayne took and made one of his baby mammas?

Nikki and love vs money part 1&2 are the main songs about her

gotdamn the boy's back!

Love VS Money still gets HEAVY rotation from me too.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I always thought Nikki is talking about his ex wife that Wayne took and made one of his baby mammas?

This is what I always thought as well.  The track with TI is
pimp.gif
and > Love King

I do love the horn melody in the beat... maybe the familiarity with Rockin That Thing

Can you make me fall in love again?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

This is what I always thought as well.  The track with TI is
pimp.gif
and > Love King
Those joints definitely sound like they are about Nivea.  This joint with TI is smooth to me.  This would kill the radio.

Saw that on the interview. I'd love for that to happen, but do I think it will? No.

The Chronicles of Nikki is an EP. Of course it can happen. Not hard to create a 5 track EP and drop it on iTunes for like $5.99.

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Fancy is and will forever be his best song but the dream is always appreciated

The-Dream said he topped "Fancy" with a song called "Take Care Of Me" from the new album.

Back
Top Bottom