The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Just a heads up for folks in the US: The rest of Murray/Djokovic will air live on NBC Sports Network @ 4 A.M. PT/7 A.M. ET.

Thought this NBC broadcast was live the whole time.
mean.gif
I heard that NBC's coverage (of tennis in general, I guess) has always been a joke. 
mean.gif

Anyway... gametime. 

Last edited:
^ Technically, Murray came back ready!  He was so solid... made like 1 UFE and forced the break to win the 4th.  That was very impressive. 

But credit to Nole for not freaking out after losing the 4th... so commanding in the 5th. 

It felt like the momentum Andy had yesterday carried over onto today, but Djokovic was able to turn it around in the fifth set. It was really strange to see Nole lose most of those long rallies though...

Also, what was surprising was Nole's lack of emotion at the end of the 4th... didn't scream and yell... just refocused.  That was quite impressive cuz he could have won this in straight sets, but instead it went the distance.  Was calm all the way. 

Yes Novak raised his level in the 5th and that was it. But Andy has got to be pleased with his French open and form wise only Novak is better than him this year and Andy is getting closer to him

I turned the match on and it was:

6 4

3 1

I'm thinking another steamroll for Serena, but literally, since I turned this on, Safarova has turned it on -- or Serena turned it down. 

Back
Top Bottom