The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Hard to say from practice, but he's only played 1 match... looked solid, but the kid he played against had too many errors. 

Huge test right now vs Isner. 

It took almost a year, but it's finally happening...

Nadal vs Djokovic XLIII

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Rafa is already talking as if he's going to get destroyed tomorrow. I think he loses his French Open invitational this year. Bouchard is being a douche bag and refusing to shake hands during Fed Cup lol. I almost hope she wins a match so can try that with Venus. Serena might let it slide but Venus is not here for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Some of these shots are just mind boggling. Nole has the best backhand in the game IMO.

This match feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the matchups we've been getting over and over lately...

Nadal, you have been sorely missed.

Last edited:
The 7th game in this second set is pretty awesome as well, lol.

Such high quality tennis from both players.

Slightly misleading scoreline cuz the stats say it was much closer.  Came down to winning/losing a few crucial points.  

CC4lUfjW0AAFsCO.jpg

If only Novak could do this for 3 straight sets against him in May that's considering some kid with a big serve and steady nerves doesn't make things interesting before they meet.

Last edited:
Genie's refusal to shake hands comes back to bite her. Check out Dulgheru's reaction after the win.
laugh.gif

Don't let the scoreline fool you... yesterday's 6-3 first set was 10x better than today's 7-5. 

Sabine really struggled out there. Just when you think she'll live up to her enormous potential, she'll throw h in a performance like this.

Last edited:
Wow, insane... precisely why I hate Fog so much... the guy has so much talent, but is so half-assed at effort.  Has the ability to play like he did today, but never does so consistently.  Hit a lot of great shots in the 1st to take the set.  Got a bit shaky in the 2nd, but Rafa wasn't able to capitalize.   He had his chances.  Gotta sort his mind out. 

Back
Top Bottom