THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

^^see you both in a couple months @ SU5
laugh.gif

was just talking to the homie Los about those customs...my question is how durable is the job?

i love the colorway and end result, the changes in color is very clever and nicely executed IMO...but i really want to see the job hold up and i'll be very impressed.

i've seen a few people try and paint foams, i never tried myself cause of what i saw...but it always ended up relatively the same after being worn a few times....chipped...cracked...scratched...scuffed...all of which are crucial to the success of a foamposite cause they just don't do that!!

they're tanks for a reason and they're highly regarded cause of their durability....their aesthetic appeal relies on it IMO. we all know that a filthy foam is pretty disgusting considering how much wear and tear you'd have to put into them just to barely destroy a pair. we're talking hours upon hours of outdoor balling and straight up abuse to get 'em remotely nasty looking.

with that said, why paint a foam if it's not gonna retain it's durability? i would love to be able to change the upper of a foam, especially the carolina pros
devil.gif

but realistically, it's just gonna make 'em a shoe i couldn't really pull out often enough
ohwell.gif

if the paint job can hold up then i'll be very impressed but until then, i'll remain a skeptic.

so far the sole swaps have been the best option, even though it still remains to be seen how well the glue and reattachments hold up over the years but my pairs have been good to me so far and i haven't treat them any differently than any other foam i have. i wear 'em just as hard and in all kinds of weather cause i want to know that if any issues arise with them...i'll know it firsthand.

i'm just
smokin.gif
and rambling
laugh.gif

It may be my phone but the color on those customs look similar to the Lebron south beach 8's. Its ok. CEE82, nice friggin collection man. After these cool gray 11s this month, and getting employment lolol, I'm going IN as far as posites. I think I'm officially done with JB.

Originally Posted by purplehazen

sdubl be killing the foams in cali, i see you
smokin.gif
  I can only remember seeing like 2 other people even wear any foams out here besides me
30t6p3b.gif

wore these to finish up Christmas shopping

245g2dt.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
i need some dooms in my life 
smokin.gif

still can't believe i missed them when they dropped, the #%$& was wrong with me
mad.gif

today
4571966649_60032df287_z.jpg

MR718, dope pic man.
Justin, your armys almost look like the same color as the Kidd Flightposites .
Dooms are 1 of the most slept on in my opinion.

question: as far as foams go, what has a higher value to you guys, cough drops or the regular black/red foam ones?

^^^not really concerned with value, but I prefer the '07 black/reds with reg sole (and Im a huge sucker for clear/translucent soles)

i'll always hold the 07's blk/solid red soles higher in both quality and value....who knows what cough drops might look like in a few years. personally i don't like the pinkish color the soles have
ohwell.gif

coppers today...
5035006264_9d51fd23aa_b.jpg

NEVER OWNED A PAIR OF FOAMS, BUT IM A BIG FAN, LOOKING START MY COLLECTION, QUICK QUESTION GUY DO THEY FIT TRUE TO SIZE? IM A 9.5 IN ALL MY NIKES & JORDANS , WHAT SIZE SHOULD GO WITH WITH THE FOAMS?

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

NEVER OWNED A PAIR OF FOAMS, BUT IM A BIG FAN, LOOKING START MY COLLECTION, QUICK QUESTION GUY DO THEY FIT TRUE TO SIZE? IM A 9.5 IN ALL MY NIKES & JORDANS , WHAT SIZE SHOULD GO WITH WITH THE FOAMS?
I go with my true size fit snug at first but they'll kind of mold to your foot...1/2 up isnt bad, but 1/2 down is a def no-no.

i am hoping to get a better look at the army green foam. Under better lighting, those army green could look a lot different. If not, i "might" just stick with the army foam i have now.

the pewters and army greens look clean but the electric and teal look like a foamposite candy pack.. im not feeling those :/

Back
Top Bottom