THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

That was crazy....Jennings is gonna be a problem, even if it was against our "defense".

He's gonna make more people take the overseas route if he continues at the pace he's at.

Originally Posted by acidicality

That was crazy....Jennings is gonna be a problem, even if it was against our "defense".

He's gonna make more people take the overseas route if he continues at the pace he's at.
I think BJ was just a special case.

I mean if you think about it, the kid isn't terribly mature. He goes overseas just to make some spare change when son knows he's going to beballin' the rest of his life.

A lot of cats start going overseas and I don't know if they'll end up as successful as he.

^
i'm not too sure where you're going with the mature statement. he did what he did to capitalize on his "unfortunate" situation.

the only thing that would make Jennings a "special case" was that he went to play Euro ball and worked his as$ off at it and came back a betterplayer.

just got back from work and saw the score
laugh.gif

Cant even be mad, Jennings put in work like a BEAST!!!!!!!!
duke is gonna be a problem, like i said before he was drafted
pimp.gif

Im about to watch the game

HOPE Buike is ok, but doubt it...

Originally Posted by offbad

^
i'm not too sure where you're going with the mature statement. he did what he did to capitalize on his "unfortunate" situation.

the only thing that would make Jennings a "special case" was that he went to play Euro ball and worked his as$ off at it and came back a better player.
He skipped out on college to get paid. Am I missing something here? Could he not get recruited by the NCAA?

He could have worked his *++ off in college, it's not like he was some superstar stud in Europe. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he got better, butbetter than he could have gotten in college? I don't know. He couldn't even get into the schools to play for the college teams. I mean you can'tpass a few entrance tests to get into the NCAA? If Derrick Rose can...
grin.gif

I mean dude averaged 5 points last year, I don't know how that helped to make him a better player maybe other than humbling him.

I love the kid, he's going to be a stud, but I just think that other young cats might get the impression (Screw college, let me go get paid NOW), insteadof going to school, get some education under your belt, and bang it out in college.

Lottomatica Roma

On July 16, 2008, Jennings signed with Lottomatica Roma of the Italian Lega A. [10] The contract he signed with Roma was for $1.65 million net incomeguaranteed [11] and after earning the contract with Lottomatica, Under Armour gave Jennings a $2 million contract[12] to showcase their products in theEuroleague. Jennings was the first player to play for a European team rather than play for a college basketball team since the NBA's age restriction rulewas implemented.

In 27 games in the Italian Lega A 2008-09 season, Jennings averaged 5.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.5 steals in 17.0 minutes per game. He shot35.1 percent from the field and 20.7 percent from 3 point range in Lega A play.[13] In 16 Euroleague games, Jennings averaged 7.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, 1.6assists, and 1.2 steals in 19.6 minutes per game. In the Euroleague he shot 38.7 percent from the field and 26.8 percent from 3 point range.[14]

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Good thing I missed this game eh?
laugh.gif
I disagree. Warriors fan or not, Brandon Jennings put on a show that was appreciated.

Agreed. The game was entertaining overall. The loss sucks, but with this organization and team it's not much of a surprise.

Also forgot to note earlier, but anyone else notice how that %#%@# Jackson was guarding Ridnour and the other guards except Jennings while guys like Watsonhave to guard the bigs like Ilyasova. Such a damn coward. Best perimeter defender my #+*. If he's so good why wouldn't he guard Jennings? Or at leastsomeone near his size? Hate hearing people (not really here, mostly analysts) still call him the best defender on the team when he doesn't even give efforthalf the time.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

^

the only thing that would make Jennings a "special case" was that he went to play Euro ball and worked his as$ off at it and came back a better player.
He skipped out on college to get paid. Am I missing something here? Could he not get recruited by the NCAA?

he was too dumb to get into a college. I think he was going to Arizona, but failed did horribly on a test or something

Yeah he couldn't get a high enough SAT score to go to Arizona. Similar story to Stephen Jackson now that I think about it.

if i remember his SATs were bad? not sure.
i think so,
Theres this dude at SF city college. David ( Doom )Henderson, hes a Running back at city, supposely is transfering to Cal ( rumor ). Anyway went to Lincolnhigh and killed it in HS, had like 280+ yards and like 3 TD's against us last year
smh.gif
smh.gif
and he had scouts from stanford, cal + others looking at him, butsaw his SAT or some test scores and couldnt get into the schools
laugh.gif

Dude is a beast tho, hes killing at City

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

if i remember his SATs were bad? not sure.
i think so,
Theres this dude at SF city college. David ( Doom )Henderson, hes a Running back at city, supposely is transfering to Cal ( rumor ). Anyway went to Lincoln high and killed it in HS, had like 280+ yards and like 3 TD's against us last year
smh.gif
smh.gif
and he had scouts from stanford, cal + others looking at him, but saw his SAT or some test scores and couldnt get into the schools
laugh.gif

Dude is a beast tho, hes killing at City
Doom,
sick.gif
smokin.gif
...Went to HS with him, quick as hell.

Here's a pretty funny story: Doom sells fake dead serious hoodie to some dude.

Guy: Let me get my money back.
Doom: Nah man.
Guy: Comes up with three other dudes (suggesting they'll fight).
Doom: You serious? (No pun intended
laugh.gif
) I'm the grim reaper (femaledog)!

I was rolling when I heard this.

^

He could have worked his *++ off in college, it's not like he was some superstar stud in Europe. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he got better, but better than he could have gotten in college? I don't know. He couldn't even get into the schools to play for the college teams. I mean you can't pass a few entrance tests to get into the NCAA? If Derrick Rose can...
grin.gif

I mean dude averaged 5 points last year, I don't know how that helped to make him a better player maybe other than humbling him.

I love the kid, he's going to be a stud, but I just think that other young cats might get the impression (Screw college, let me go get paid NOW), instead of going to school, get some education under your belt, and bang it out in college.
yeah you are missing a lot:
"In June 2008, Jennings was unable to pass the entrance exam to attend college at Arizona, even after multiple attempts."

yeah you're right he wasn't a superstar in Europe, but notably, he gained knowledge of the European game and worked on his jumper.

his averages don't really speak to what he learned, and he has cited that the veterans on the italian teams were not particularly helpful nor were theyenthused about him getting any playing time at all.

would you have rather him be under scrutiny for faking test scores?

some athletes just weren't meant to go to college. would he have really gained anything academically in college? and i'm sure other people areconsidering the path he took but let's not fool ourselves he was a special case and he handled it well. let's be real he might have blazed the path buti am sure this is not something that top prospects will consider their first choice.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Yeah he couldn't get a high enough SAT score to go to Arizona. Similar story to Stephen Jackson now that I think about it.

it's that Oak Hill education
laugh.gif

^

He could have worked his *++ off in college, it's not like he was some superstar stud in Europe. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he got better, but better than he could have gotten in college? I don't know. He couldn't even get into the schools to play for the college teams. I mean you can't pass a few entrance tests to get into the NCAA? If Derrick Rose can...
grin.gif

I love the kid, he's going to be a stud, but I just think that other young cats might get the impression (Screw college, let me go get paid NOW), instead of going to school, get some education under your belt, and bang it out in college.
"In June 2008, Jennings was unable to pass the entrance exam to attend college at Arizona, even after multiple attempts."

yeah you're right he wasn't a superstar in Europe, but notably, he gained knowledge of the European game and worked on his jumper.

his averages don't really speak to what he learned, and he has cited that the veterans on the italian teams were not particularly helpful nor were they enthused about him getting any playing time at all.

some athletes just weren't meant to go to college. would he have really gained anything academically in college? and i'm sure other people are considering the path he took but let's not fool ourselves he was a special case and he handled it well. let's be real he might have blazed the path but i am sure this is not something that top prospects will consider their first choice.
I just don't want this to become the norm, because I know for a good majority of them, it probably won't be the right route. For BJ, itwas his only route. He blazed the path but dude was a top prospect when he entered, and it dropped him down to #10, which is still good, but imagine aprojected first round pick goes to Europe to get paid, and then he gets hurt, and then tries to come back to College, it's a rough road back.

I just don't like the idea of kids going overseas if they aren't already established.

^

grin.gif

his averages don't really speak to what he learned, and he has cited that the veterans on the italian teams were not particularly helpful nor were they enthused about him getting any playing time at all.

some athletes just weren't meant to go to college. would he have really gained anything academically in college? and i'm sure other people are considering the path he took but let's not fool ourselves he was a special case and he handled it well. let's be real he might have blazed the path but i am sure this is not something that top prospects will consider their first choice.
I just don't want this to become the norm, because I know for a good majority of them, it probably won't be the right route. For BJ, it was his only route. He blazed the path but dude was a top prospect when he entered, and it dropped him down to #10, which is still good, but imagine a projected first round pick goes to Europe to get paid, and then he gets hurt, and then tries to come back to College, it's a rough road back.

I just don't like the idea of kids going overseas if they aren't already established.
that would likely never happen.

why would a top prospect who is getting fully paid ride offers to top rate college programs spurn those schools and risk so much? athletes today are preparingso much for the long term that the europe route is only entirely viable for a seasoned, averagely talented pro that would make gobs more money overseas.

you're thinking too much about what you want people to do rather that what is actually good for them. jennings had a plan and stuck to it.

also, he had to be mature enough to play with euro pros and leave everything behind for a year.

I just came to thanks u guys for Bellinelli, this guy is an animal...he should of got alot more playing time in GS.

Thanks again
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

I just came to thanks u guys for Bellinelli, this guy is an animal...he should of got alot more playing time in GS.

Thanks again
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

why would thank us? we didnt trade him. don nelson and riley aka nelsons puppet did.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Thanks again
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

why would thank us? we didnt trade him. don nelson and riley aka nelsons puppet did.
smh.gif
Ok, thanks though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom