THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

[h1]Nelson Says There's No Truth To Rumors[/h1]
Nov 15, 2009 9:59 AM EST

Nelson_Don_gsw.jpg
Warriors coach Don Nelson is denying rumors that he'll be relieved of his coaching duties within the next week.

Nelson denied a CBS Sports report, which quotes sources saying that he will be replaced by assistant coach Keith Smart and move into a consultant role with Golden State.

"Yes, absolutely," Nelson said Saturday night when asked if he intends to finish out his contract, which runs through the 2010-11 season.

"It's hard to comment on an article when I have never had a discussion with the person who wrote it," said team president Robert Rowell said of the CBS report. "It is complete nonsense."

Nelson is 21 wins shy of becoming the NBA's all-time winningest coach.

"It's hard to comment on an article when I have never had a discussion with the person who wrote it," said team president Robert Rowell said of the CBS report. "It is complete nonsense."
Just like all of your basketball decisions.

!%+% you!!!!

[h1]Warriors guard Watson may have swine flu[/h1]

Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer

Sunday, November 15, 2009

(11-15) 04:00 PST MILWAUKEE -
--

Warriors guard C.J. Watson on Sunday morning informed his "tweeps" that he might have contracted the swine flu.

He was examined by a doctor at the Bradley Center following the Warriors' 129-125 loss to Milwaukee on Saturday. He had five points and three assists against the Bucks, one night after a season-best 19-point effort against New York.

"Just came back from the doctor. Suspected H1N1," Watson tweeted. "I have to wear this mask when I'm around people like I have SARS or something. LOL. I don't like it at all."

Has anyone seen Devean on the sidelines at all?
nerd.gif

I haven't paid too much attention to it, so I haven't noticed.

This dude C.J. Watson wearing an N95 mask. I don't even think he's got it on properly. He's got to bend the mask at the bridge of the nose toconform it to his face. Looks like it's just sort of flat.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

9t1mbr.jpg

Finally. What a way to start the day. Not happy if Law goes, but if it gets rid of Jack then fine. That lineup is gonne be thin if they don't get Bell andRad at the game tomorrow.

Anyone know the contracts of Vlad and Bell? I can already see all the PT for Vlad. What's the starting lineup looking like?

Monta/Bell/Vlad/AR?!!?!/Moore

Originally Posted by daprescription

I like Bell. Damn, Jack is really gone
smh.gif
. Kind of liked him with the Warriors
frown.gif
. Monta isn't far behind.
I felt the same way. I liked Jackson on our team until recently, he was just more of a distraction than an asset. He was our best player but itwas really his time to go. He didn't like it here (who does?), but it needed to get done. Now that Jackson is gone, I can see Monta leaving soon too.

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

Anyone know the contracts of Vlad and Bell? I can already see all the PT for Vlad. What's the starting lineup looking like?

I would think Watson/Ellis/Bell/Radmanovic/Moore.
Bell is in his last year and Radmanovic has one more season left.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Finally. What a way to start the day. Not happy if Law goes, but if it gets rid of Jack then fine. That lineup is gonne be thin if they don't get Bell and Rad at the game tomorrow.
Same thoughts here.

06-07, 07-08 was great, but he became such a prick afterward.

I thought Bell was injured...?

[h2]Warriors trade Jackson to Bobcats[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The Golden State Warriors have banished disgruntled forward Stephen Jackson to Charlotte.

378.jpg

Jackson

In a deal that NBA front-office sources said came together quickly Sunday night and received the needed league approval Monday morning, Golden State sent Jackson and guard Acie Law to the Bobcats in exchange for veteran swingmen Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic.

The teams announced that they completed the deal, first reported by ESPN.com, shortly after 11 a.m. ET.

The Cleveland Cavaliers had long been considered the favorites to land the Warriors' former captain in the wake of Jackson's trade demand late in the summer, when the 31-year-old announced that he hoped to be dealt to the Cavaliers, New York Knicks or one of the three Texas teams.

But ESPN.com reported earlier this month that the Bobcats had quietly registered serious interest in Jackson and could not be dismissed as a threat to acquire him.

With its offense badly in need of a boost after failing to reach 80 points in five of its nine games so far, Charlotte has been exchanging proposals with Golden State for some time. But the Bobcats were determined to make the deal without parting with playmaking big man Boris Diaw.

The Warriors, meanwhile, had reached the point where they had to move Jackson in the first palatable trade offer they could strike in the name of team health, fearful that Jackson's discontent and uncertain future would continue to hang over a group of promising youngsters headlined by Stephen Curry and Anthony Randolph.

So Golden State wound up settling for long-term payroll relief in exchange for its former captain and franchise cornerstone as well as some short-term depth to get through the injury loss of Kelenna Azubuike over the weekend.

Bell's $5.3 million contract expires at season's end, while Radmanovic is earning $6.5 million this season and due to earn $6.9 million next season. Jackson is earning $7.7 million this season before starting a three-year contract extension worth nearly $28 million.

Yet it remains to be seen how Jackson will respond to the trade, given that one of his motivations for asking out was the chance to play for a contender. His original wish list of teams included Cleveland, New York and the three Texas teams.

"He's happy about the trade, delighted about the trade," Jackson's agent, Mark Stevens, told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan. "This is what he wanted, a new start, and this gives him a chance to compete. Plus, he's a huge fan of that team's president, Michael Jordan." Stevens also said Jackson was expected to be in uniform for the Bobcats Monday night against Orlando.

ESPN.com reported earlier Monday that one scenario Cleveland and Golden State discussed would have involved the signing-and-trading of ex-Cavaliers forward Wally Szczerbiak -- most likely packaged with troubled guard Delonte West -- in a deal for Jackson.

Szczerbiak is a free agent after the Cavs elected not to re-sign him and recently underwent minor knee surgery. But the 32-year-old has not ruled out trying to make a comeback this season and would appear to be fully eligible to be plugged into a deal by the Cavs in a manner similar to Dallas' signing-and-trading of Keith Van Horn in February 2008 in the Mavericks' complicated trade to re-acquire Jason Kidd.

But the Cavaliers ultimately decided that they were not ready to go forward with a deal for Jackson so early in the season. Golden State, meanwhile, had only intensified its efforts to find a trade partner in the midst of a 3-6 start and after Jackson's agent, Mark Stevens, harshly criticized Warriors coach Don Nelson in an interview with ESPN.com last week.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

I would think Watson/Ellis/Bell/Radmanovic/Moore.
Bell is in his last year and Radmanovic has one more season left.
Forgot Watson had Swine
laugh.gif
. Maybe Ellis/Morrow/Bell/Radmanovic/Moore

Back
Top Bottom