THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by KL9

It was so damn awkward, she gave me a business card of the place but I left it on the counter.

Acid, you may have...
smile.gif
Pics?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Beginning of the End: Don Nelson and Monta Ellis Bicker in New York[/h1]
Don Nelson and Monta Ellis briefly exchanged some heated words in New York city this afternoon, Marcus Thompson of Insidebayarea.com reports.

The situation, however, should mark the beginning of the end of either Nelson's horrific tenure as head coach of the Golden State Warriors, or Ellis' relatively short career with the dysfunctional bay area squad.

According to Thompson, who was on the trip to New York covering the Warriors, Ellis blasted a question into Nelson's face: "Coach, why do I get blamed for everything?"

Nelson responded by saying, "What have I ever blamed you for?"

"For everything. For everything. For people not knowing the plays. I didn't do this. I didn't that," Ellis explained.

Nelson, according to Thompson, brushed Ellis' comments, by waving his hands at the 24-year-old guard.

Ellis took his final shot and said, "See. That's why I won't do it. I just won't do it."

Reaction

Warriors' fans booed Stephen Jackson opening night (and continue to do so occasionally) due to his summer trade request. However, Jackson's attitude and harsh criticism towards the most abominable franchise in the league should be taken to a more deeper significance in regard to the whole team's morale.

Most importantly, Ellis' morale.

Ellis and Jackson have a close relationship and they might have drawn this up together or Jackson might have motivated Ellis to open up and "speak his mind." Ellis, sooner rather than later, was going to speak out against Nelson regardless.

Ultimately, somebody had to speak out. Jackson initiated it, Ellis is continuing it.

Nelson, on the other hand, had a plan drawn out since he received news of Ellis injuring his ankle in a moped accident last year. He didn't like Ellis, anyways.

According to Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, Nelson was openly welcoming a trade scenario that would send Ellis elsewhere before he landed his $60 million deal.

He disliked Ellis' physical features. He knew that Ellis, standing at 6'3'' and 175 lbs, would have trouble guarding opposing SG's and that the best possible position for the Mississippi product would lie at the point guard position.

Not having a physically strong, smart, and athletic point guard would virtually make Nelson's "small ball" look even more inferior-a phenomenon that Nelson has been combating since the departure of Baron Davis to the Los Angeles Clippers.

So when Nelson woke up on Jun. 25, got ready to monitor the 2009 NBA draft for a surprise pick to fall in his lap, it did. Right there, with the seventh pick, Stephen Curry was available. When the Warriors (Nelson) decided to pick Curry, the 69-year-old head coach had accomplished half of his goal: irritate Ellis.

Ellis, before the draft, expressed various concerns towards the Warriors deciding to draft any point guards.

Nelson and puppet GM Larry Riley went to visit Ellis in his hometown of Jackson, Mississippi, to assure the 24-year-old that they would strongly attempt to acquire a dominant big man (later to become Amar'e Stoudemire) and add some "beef" to the front line.

Neither occurred.

Consequently, both Jackson and Ellis became frustrated.

In addition, by drafting Curry, Nelson placed Ellis on the hot seat. Nelson fully acknowledged that Curry and Ellis would not coexist in the same back court-not in the wildest of dreams. It was either Curry or Ellis.

Ellis, by that time, had already figured out Nelson's plans. He may have needed Jackson's help to grasp the whole situation, but he eventually understood what this franchise management's all about: hypocrisy.

Typically, this appalling management loves young and innocent players like Curry, Anthony Morrow, and Anthony Randolph, but quickly destroy players (including team officials) who expose their idiocy.

This brief spat in New York will be brushed off by the Warriors' Public Relations campaign. It will, however, spark further drama.

For now, it's either Nelson or Ellis in the Bay Area. As long as Chris Cohan remains owner of the Warriors, Nelson will have the upper hand on critical issues such as this one until he earns his money and smokes his way to Maui.

Ellis and Jackson both do not want anything to do with this franchise. How will this affect Randolph, Curry, and Morrow in the future? Is Andris Biedrins definitely considering a trade now? What is Ronny Turiaf experiencing now after leaving Los Angeles?

One thing is sure: the Warriors are awaiting critical change.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Having no idea of what you'll want to do later on is making your decision harder.
Do you really want to work at a huge firm like say....Orrick?
Or would boutique, smaller firms, better serve you?
Perhaps general counsel?

I think you need to maybe figure out what you want to do with a law degree and go from there. I understand time isn't on your side, but if you go to lesser known law program and do extremely well, you'll still stand out. Compared to just doing ok at say, USC, Cal, LMU, etc.

Where do you want to go to law school at? Where do you want to apply?

If it's that important, you better have some back-ups in mind that aren't the TOP TOP schools, you know?
i hope i can get into hastings or something. im applying to top schools like USC and Cal, but I probably won't get in. I'll also apply to Santa Clara, Fordham, maybe Brooklyn Law, and all these other lesser known schools I got fee waivers to. I would like to work for a big company, I might study for the bar, I might want to become a sports agent. You know of any good lesser known schools?
People in general were saying Santa Clara was better than USF, I particularly think USF is going to be a solid choice, too.
I've wanted to get into law, but I don't know. Cost is high and I'm not even sure the process being out of school for 4 years.
St. Mary's have a law program? I know their MBA is up and coming.
Loyola Maramount?
Do you want to go to the east?

In Warriors related news-
Glad jackson only played 18 mins.
Had to listen to fitz say "man, if these guys could shot the ball at all in the first half they could have won this game...they played the defense to". Right.
i definitely dont mind going east, the girlfriend would tho. thank you for always providing me with feedback
I'd suggest then looking into some rankings out there. If the gf is meant to be, then she'll allow you to pursue this. If it isn't,then cut your losses. Real talk, don't hang up something like education and career path for anyone but yourself. No sense on regretting it later on.

I'd also read the biographies of some lawyers, sports agents, etc, that work in the industries you think you may enjoy and see what their background is.

[h1]Nelson Doesn't Regret Thursday's Argument With Monta[/h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._doesnt_regret_thursdays_argument_with_monta/
Nov 13, 2009 4:21 PM EST

Nelson_Don_gsw.jpg
Don Nelson did not appear to regret Thursday's confrontation with Monta Ellis when he addressed the media on Friday.

"I disciplined a player in practice, and that's part of my job description," Nelson told CBSSports.com. "I've done it before and I'll do it again, and that's all I've got to say about it."

Nelson confirmed that it was Ellis, who received the brunt of the discipline. "Yes, it was Monta," he said. "But I'm not going to go into it. I disciplined the player, it's over, and that's all I have to say about it."

When asked if he and Ellis were OK going forward, Nelson said, "You need to talk to Monta about that. I'm OK."

Ellis wasn't available for comment after shootaround.

Nelson doesn't regret a lot of things. Driving Webber out of town, trading Al Harrington, giving Crawford the opt out or we're going to trade youultimatum, the Patrick O'Bryant and Marcus Williams fiascoes. As long as he gets his way.
smh.gif

Watching PTI right now, Kornheiser says that Monta vs Don Nelson is a non-issue. IMO, this has been brewing for quite some time now.

Honestly, the Warriors/Don Nelson need to stop making this $#$+#@$ into a PG. Won't/can't happen, and he doesn't want to be a leader/face of thefranchise.
Monta needs to grow a pair, period.

It's a wash on a scale of ******ation.

Ellis' mindset is that of a 2-guard. The Warriors should have just him stick to the 2 and not try to jerk him around and make him into something he'snot.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Ellis' mindset is that of a 2 year old -guard. The Warriors should have just him stick to the 2 and not try to jerk him around and make him into something he's not.
Edited.

Back
Top Bottom