THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

So I haven't seen two Warriors game this year and they've won both games. Maybe I shouldn't watch for the team's sake.
laugh.gif

Let's see you try.

^Maybe that's been the problem with the Warriors franchise over the last 15+ years. I've been too dedicated. Must. Not. Watch.

Was at the Oracle tonight......
pimp.gif
. Jackson
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. Some dumb !%@ dude was sitting behind me and was booing Jackson everytime he touched the ball. Withlike 6 minutes left in the third, dude kept yelling "PASS THE BALL JACKSON!!!!" every single time he got the ball. I had to turn around and tell dudethat Jack had 13 assists and he shut up real quick. God some people are just ******ed. Jackson played incredible tonight. I know most of you guys hate him, butbottom line is he is a quality player. Id rather we trade him too, but people need to stop acting like hes trash. Because he isnt. Sorry for the mini rant.Great game tonight all the way around.

By the way record is 2-0 in games I've attended this year. Shout out to WstCoastGotti for the ticket hookup.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

pimp.gif
. Jackson
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. Some dumb !%@ dude was sitting behind me and was booing Jackson everytime he touched the ball. With like 6 minutes left in the third, dude kept yelling "PASS THE BALL JACKSON!!!!" every single time he got the ball. I had to turn around and tell dude that Jack had 13 assists and he shut up real quick. God some people are just ******ed. Jackson played incredible tonight. I know most of you guys hate him, but bottom line is he is a quality player. Id rather we trade him too, but people need to stop acting like hes trash. Because he isnt. Sorry for the mini rant. Great game tonight all the way around.

By the way record is 2-0 in games I've attended this year. Shout out to WstCoastGotti for the ticket hookup.
pimp.gif
Season ticket holder = 82 wins.

SACRIFICE YOUR WALLET FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE FRANCHISE!

Dland for savior.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

pimp.gif
. Jackson
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. Some dumb !%@ dude was sitting behind me and was booing Jackson everytime he touched the ball. With like 6 minutes left in the third, dude kept yelling "PASS THE BALL JACKSON!!!!" every single time he got the ball. I had to turn around and tell dude that Jack had 13 assists and he shut up real quick. God some people are just ******ed. Jackson played incredible tonight. I know most of you guys hate him, but bottom line is he is a quality player. Id rather we trade him too, but people need to stop acting like hes trash. Because he isnt. Sorry for the mini rant. Great game tonight all the way around.

pimp.gif
Season ticket holder = 82 41 wins.

Dland for savior.
Fixed, but I get your point. If dland goes to all the home games and I don't watch any games, we're looking at a championship caliberteam.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

pimp.gif
. Jackson
pimp.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
Season ticket holder = 82 41 wins.

Dland for savior.
Fixed, but I get your point. If dland goes to all the home games and I don't watch any games, we're looking at a championship caliber team.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's late.
smh.gif

That's what you get for going after the fungyungs you fungyung.
sick.gif

Shame on you for not getting Dorito's or Frito's.

[h3]26. Golden State Warriors | Future Power Rating: 372[/h3]
[table][tr][th=""]PLAYERS[/th] [th=""]MANAGEMENT[/th] [th=""]MONEY[/th] [th=""]MARKET[/th] [th=""]DRAFT[/th] [/tr][tr][td]188 (16th)[/td] [td]9 (30th)[/td] [td]76 (26th)[/td] [td]34 (24th)[/td] [td]66 (8th)[/td] [/tr][/table]

gsw.gif

There was a moment, albeit a brief one, when the Warriors weren't the laughingstock of the league. It was only two years ago, and they had just upset the top-seeded Dallas Mavericks. Bay Area fans went wild, and the Warriors' future was bright. Their motto: We Believe!

And then it all fell apart again as quickly as it came together.

Owner Chris Cohan decided to ignore and eventually fire general manager Chris Mullin, who had engineered the dynamic roster that had put the Warriors in the playoffs for the first time in 13 seasons, ending the NBA's worst run of futility. Cohan gave Mullin's authority to his own crony, Robert Rowell, head coach Don Nelson and Nelson's buddy Larry Riley, and the result has been a run of disastrous decisions that shows no signs of abating.

A series of questionable trades, absurd contract extensions and pointless free-agent signings has led to a mismatched roster than seems to be disaffected, confused and looking for the exit door, thanks in large part to Nelson's bizarre coaching style, which offsets his very enjoyable go-go style of play. Furthermore, the franchise's disarray and perpetual lottery status has discouraged star players from coming to what otherwise would be considered one of the NBA's prime destinations, and in any case, the team has already used up its salary-cap space and has little flexibility.

Add it all up and you have the worst management team in the NBA.

The upside: a bevy of young players, drafted mostly by Mullin. Monta Ellis (24), Stephen Curry (21), Anthony Randolph (20), Andris Biedrins (23) and Brandan Wright (22) all have enormous potential. But questions about their defensive ability, how well they'll fit and how Nelson will develop them have us tempering our enthusiasm, despite their evident talent. And the Warriors still have an undersized backcourt, no low-post scoring presence, and an unhappy Stephen Jackson, whose contract extension runs throughout the entire period of our rankings (to 2013, that is).

If Cohan sells the team and the Warriors hire a competent management team and a new coach, their fortunes could change quickly, given their talent. But for now, Golden State is the most dysfunctional team in a league that has several strong candidates for that title.

Management is dead last
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]Warriors anxious to part ways with Jackson[/h1]
spears.png

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 6 hours, 10 minutes ago

• Buzz up! 10
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

OAKLAND, Calif. - Having tired of the near-daily disruption Stephen Jackson's(notes) unresolved status has had on their young roster, the Golden State Warriors are more committed than ever to trading the veteran swingman and NBA sources said the team is optimistic a deal can be completed within the next few weeks.

Even on a night when the Warriors beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 146-105 while scoring their most points in 15 years, two Golden State players told Yahoo! Sports on Monday that the team's play - and overall morale - won't truly improve until Jackson is gone. Jackson first declared in August he wanted the Warriors to trade him, and his impending departure has become one of a handful of issues hanging over the team.

1257848985.jpg

Stephen Jackson has three years, $28 million on his contract after this season, hurting his trade value.
(NBAE/Getty)

"The Jax situation is a constant distraction," one Warrior said.

"Once they trade him," another player said, "it will clear up a lot of things."

The Warriors no longer seem to have any desire to repair the damaged relationship with their former captain. Jackson's agent, Mark Stevens, blasted Warriors coach Don Nelson in an interview with ESPN.com Sunday night, criticizing Nelson's coaching ability and trustworthiness. Nelson wouldn't respond to Stevens' comments, but he did say the Warriors are trying to accommodate Jackson's trade wish.

"I'm aware the team needs a change," Golden State general manager Larry Riley said. "I'm working hard toward that."

Jackson said he has been told 10 teams have expressed interest in him. The seriousness of their level of interest remains questionable. Jackson has three years and $28 million remaining on his contract after this season, significantly tempering his trade value. The Cleveland Cavaliers have had talks with the Warriors, but don't want to part with center Zydrunas Ilgauskas(notes). Golden State, which doesn't have a single player who weighs more than 250 pounds on its roster, would like a big man. The Warriors would be amenable to trading Jackson for expiring contracts, but most teams would prefer to save their cap space for the heralded 2010 free-agent market.

"If it's soon, I'm ready," Jackson told Yahoo! Sports after Monday's game. "Can't do nothing but be ready. I asked for it as long as it's the right situation for me and it's not done out of spite. I've done a lot for this team and this organization and I hope the respect stays the same way. If it does happen, I hope it's somewhere where I want to be."

Jackson said he'd actually prefer to stay with the Warriors if the team plans to trade him to another franchise going through a rebuilding project. That doesn't appear likely. One of Jackson's teammates said the Warriors have "serious chemistry issues," and is hopeful Jackson is traded before the team's upcoming five-game trip ends in Boston on Nov. 18. Jackson, sources said, told his teammates after a recent practice he didn't feel like part of the team.

Jackson did his best to make the Warriors happy on Monday, handing out a career-high 15 assists in their runaway victory. He said he was surprised some of his teammates had begun to consider him a distraction, and said he had even held team barbecues to build camaraderie.

"It shouldn't be [a distraction] because what's going on with their contracts and their problems doesn't affect my game," Jackson said. "It shouldn't bother them. But if it does I guess they need to grow in the game - it's not going to be the last time somebody wants to be out and they're a big part of their team.

"It's a business. Whoever is saying that doesn't know that this game is a business. They could be gone just as quick as I can."

Jackson said he didn't agree with his agent's complaints about Nelson. "I can't take any blame for that," Jackson told reporters after the game. "He was upset with some things and he spoke his mind. We work good together because we both speak our minds. But I would never bash Coach in the paper like that. I never have. I got a lot of respect for Coach, and I'll never do something like that."

That said, Jackson was suspended for two preseason games just last month after he cursed Nelson during an incident on the sideline. Jackson's big complaint then was that Nelson hadn't done enough to support him with the game's officials.

Despite the Warriors' 2-4 start, the 69-year-old Nelson said he believes he's still the right coach for the team. His hope is the Warriors begin to build some consistency once their injured big men, including center Andris Biedrins(notes), return to health.

"It's hard when you don't win," Nelson said. "It's hard for everybody. But you have to keep the morale up."

I hate games like last night.

KNBR will be unbearable.

Wow we beat a team that is arguably ran better than ours but just not quite there yet. Big whoop.

Jackson will be back to shooting sub .400 in no time.

^There's only one show worth listening to on KNBR and it's SportsPhone 680.

The kind of crap that bothers me is that, SportsPhone is never guaranteed its 3-hour time slot. It always has to make way for other shows and other telecasts.

There's a conspiracy.
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

I enjoy sportsphone, but I tend to listen to KNBR 99% of the time I'm at work if I'm going to listen to it.

Fitz is gonna be unbearable today.

Wonder how many times he's gonna use the "Warriors are missing 14ft of Biedrins & Turiaf in the paint!" excuse.

I understand.

KNBR can really be hard to listen to when their radio hosts try to butter up and defend the real problems that teams like the Warriors and Giants really sufferthrough.

When callers complain about management and Don Nelson, especially during the Fitz & Brooks show, Fitz is quick with the hang-up button.

Some dumb !%@ dude was sitting behind me and was booing Jackson everytime he touched the ball. With like 6 minutes left in the third, dude kept yelling "PASS THE BALL JACKSON!!!!" every single time he got the ball. I had to turn around and tell dude that Jack had 13 assists and he shut up real quick. God some people are just ******ed. Jackson played incredible tonight. I know most of you guys hate him, but bottom line is he is a quality player. Id rather we trade him too, but people need to stop acting like hes trash. Because he isnt. Sorry for the mini rant. Great game tonight all the way around.
I hear ya, but I think it's only when he's so unwilling to pass the ball that we get frustrated with him. There's no doubt he playedwell despite the 2-8 shooting. I wish he'd play more like this.

I love hearing those clowns in the stands. I'm like, if you really feel that way, then say it to his face
laugh.gif
. These !*@%!'s would tighten up if theywere next to him
smh.gif
. I'm seriously at the point where Warriors and Lakers fans are equally annoying to me (none of you).

Back
Top Bottom