THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Watched this game last night on NBA TV, Randolph was getting abused by Jeff Foster. Think he had 0 rebounds before he went out with the ankle injury.

eyes.gif
mjshoefanatic wrote:

09 Dubs looked like the 07 Dubs last night.
lets not get too excited now..

[h3][/h3]
[h3]45 not a big deal[/h3]
7:34AM ET

[h5]Monta Ellis | Warriors[/h5]
Top Email

Monta Ellis scored 42 points last week against San Antonio and last night he bested that with a career-high 45 points against Indiana, but he wasn't impressed.

"There are a lot of nights I'm going to have 45," Ellis told The Oakland Tribune. "There are a lot of nights I will have 50. ... I was born to do that. That's not impressive to me. I've been doing that all my life. Check my résumé."

pfffft...this dude taking notes from stephen jackson
eyes.gif
....take the compliment geez...looks like that moped accident inflated your head
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Been out of the loop because of holiday travel recently, but was wondering what the consensus in Oakland is about Monta's recent play. Is he finally coming around and maturing into the leadership role? or is he just showcasing himself so that he is easier to trade?
If he could have put up the numbers he has been lately against the Lakers, then I'd say he's turning the corner. Bigger defenders, moreaggressive defenders and teams seem to be the ones who can stop Monta until he figures out the little things.

I honestly think he realizes its his team, for the most part. For better or worse. He's not going to lead by being a vocal guy, which is fine assuming theteam doesn't try and mold him into something else he isn't.

Honestly it's no coincidence his better play has happened after Jackson's departure.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by daprescription

[h3]Biedrins' osteitis pubis improving[/h3]
7:43AM ET

[h5]Andris Biedrins | Warriors[/h5]
Top Email

The Oakland Tribune spoke with Warriors trainer Tom Abdenour Monday and he said center Andris Biedrins' strained groin and abdominal muscles (osteitis pubis) is progressing and he could return in three weeks.

http:// [h3]45 not a big deal[/h3]

Top Email

Monta Ellis scored 42 points last week against San Antonio and last night he bested that with a career-high 45 points against Indiana, but he wasn't impressed.

"There are a lot of nights I'm going to have 45," Ellis told The Oakland Tribune. "There are a lot of nights I will have 50. ... I was born to do that. That's not impressive to me. I've been doing that all my life. Check my résumé."
monta needs to be slapped. was he born to get injured riding a scooter too?

You are just too witty, Noble Kane.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Top Email

The Oakland Tribune spoke with Warriors trainer Tom Abdenour Monday and he said center Andris Biedrins' strained groin and abdominal muscles (osteitis pubis) is progressing and he could return in three weeks.

Top Email

really though who says *$%% like that??? not even the best players in the game today say *$%% like that. dude seriously needs inflate that ego...

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Top Email

Top Email

really though who says *$%% like that??? not even the best players in the game today say *$%% like that. dude seriously needs inflate that ego...

deflate?

No idea why that's so terrible for him to say. As long as he says that the win is the most important, hell, it actually doesnt sound too bad when you thinkabout it. He's saying he doesnt give a !@$@ if he lights the scoreboard up as long as he wins. Isn't that what you'd want to hear?

They took the quote from Marcus's entry:
[h2]Game #16 (6-10): Warriors 126, Pacers 107[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 at 2:25 am in Uncategorized.

Before the San Antonio game on Wednesday, Monta Ellis' mother told him to go out and get 40. Ellis responded by tying his career high with 42 points.

Before Monday's game against Indiana, Ellis' wife had a similar request. Then he went out and set a new career-high with 45 points on 15-for-27 shooting in 42 minutes of action.
ELLIS: "Actually, my wifde asked me to get 50 tonight. I was pulling for it. I don't know what happened at the end. I didn't know I had five fouls. Kind of snuck up on me a li'l bit. When I fouled out, she stuck up her thumb and said 'Hey, 45 and win was cool with me.' So, I'm happy."

Ellis scored 18 in the first quarter, setting the tone for a big game. He had only one assist with seven turnovers, but five rebounds and five steals. After the game, the Monta Ellis praise poured heavily, as expected:
ANTHONY RANDOLPH: "It's unbelievable. He's been carrying us these last five games, coming close to winning and stuff like that, and just being able to sit over there and watch what he does is kind of unbelievable…for a guy his size too."

MIKE DUNLEAVY: "He's the boss. I mean, he's running the show for this team. His quickness and explosiveness attacking big guys, either getting to the line or getting layups. He's tough to beat."

KEITH SMART: "It's like watching my two boys. They start to grow and then they start to get it. Then they slowly start to put it all together. Then they become pro players, and understanding how every night - back-to-back or three days off. Watching him evolve into this guy that we all knew could be special, he's starting to do that. It's good knowing early on, he and I talked about this today outside in the parking lot in his car, I used to come in and watch film with you. Watching film with you watching - mot playing, watching. We're trying to communicate that to our other young guys, Randolph in particular. That's where (Monta's) at right now. So watching him evolve and become a top-line guy and, most importantly, he's telling me 'I want to guard this guy tonight' and he's moving from there."

C.J. Watson wasn't impressed. He said he's seen Monta's talents to much. It has become monotonous to him. Watson has seen it up close, having had to defend Ellis in many practices.

Ellis wasn't impressed either. Having once scored 72 points in a high school game, he brushed it off as nothing.
ELLIS: "It's a lot of nights I will have 45. It's some nights I will have 50. But the win and how we got the win is more impressive to me. … I was born to do that. That's not impresive to me. I've been doing that all my life. Check my resume. (laughs). But naw, man. It's all fun. I'd rather get the win than the points. It really doesn't amaze me at all. And that's not being cocky or nothing, it's just something I've always been doing all my life, scoring 30 and 40 points. That's no surprise to me."

Now, in the past I've been accused of having a man crush on C.J. Watson. I admit, I probably used to laud him too much. But the dude is a beast on offense. Morrow is ridiculous with the J, but Watson is right behind if not right there. His midrange is money.

So on nights like Monday, when the Warriors are struggling on offense, or when they need a quick start in the third, Watson is money. Keith Smart knows it. He put Watson in and sat Curry because Watson is a vet (funny, considering Watson was in the D-League not too long ago) and he can run point without giving Smart gray hairs. Obviously, neither Smart nor Nellie are too comfortable with Curry at the point in critical moments. But Monday, Watson "gave us another ball-handler on the floor, who was a veteran player, ready to go."

Curry is a better passer than Watson right now. But not a better shooter or better defender, and not as comfortable out there. For that reason, you might start seeing more of Watson. He may even wind up the starter.
SMART: "I think the way we're playing right now, because we're playing catch up, we've got to just play whichever guys are playing real well. Nothing against any of our guys on our roster. And I think the message we're sending to them: we have to play at a nice level, and everyone has to be at that level. And if you're not at that level, myself in the next game or so, we've got to move to the next person. And when coach comes back, I think he's going to be around the same way. Because CJ is playing. He's a veteran, a steady hand. He's been in the league, so he understands that right now. Steph is going to be a good player in our league and he's going to keep working and things are going to get better for him. But tonight, it was a CJ Watson night. He was sure of what he was doing, and it allowed Monta to get off the ball little bit, which opened other things up."

Got another Andris Biedrins update before the game. The starting center is out at least another week, maybe three more. He was re-evaluated Monday as previously announced. He showed progress and said he felt better. He's looked super limited in practice, doing light work on the side and walking off gingerly.

The Warriors did announce that his condition, Osteitis Pubis, a straining of the muscles that connect the abdomin and quadriceps, is an injury that takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal. Biedrins is three weeks in.

The Warriors will check him out again before they leave on the five-game road trip on Sunday. I am assuming Biedrins will make this trip if there is a chance he can play or if he just wants to work out with the Warriors strength and conditioning coaches.

The Warriors topped 120 for the fourth time, and shot above 50 percent for the sixth time.

Mikki Moore has a bone spur in his right heel and it's digging into his Achilles tendon. He said he needs to have surgery but he won't because the Warriors need him.

Moore said the injury has bothered him since last season. He said he can play through the pain, though it is significant. But he doesn't like that he is limited. He said he can't explode off his foot, which affects his rebounding and shot blocking. He said that is part of the reason why he's missing lay-ups and getting his dunk attempts blocked.

Ellis passed Boston guard Rajon Rondo for the league lead in steals. Ellis is now averaging 2.56 steals per game. He's averaging 3.8 steals his last five games.

Fans love Chris Hunter. The D-League call-up had another positive performance Monday. He had 8 points, two rebounds and a block in 12 minutes. He had a dunk for a three-point play in the fourth quarter, it was the exclamation point on the Warriors run that put the game away. The Arena went crazy.
HUNTER: "I really didn't notice it. I was trying to focus on the game, try to give some energy coming off the bench. Luckily, it was good minutes this time. I usually try to stay cool, calm, collected. But when the situation arises for a little emotion, I like to show it. I think that was a big play for us. We got a couple stops in a row and then I got the three-point play. I think it was a big moment for me."

Hunter's biggest fan on the bench, the first one up, was Mikki Moore. He's taken to the youngster who has taken the road less traveled to the league. Moore, who knows what it's like to grind it out, has a soft spot for Hunter.
MOORE: "I told him. I said, 'You right in my foot steps. When you get that opportunity to get out there and shine, you do your best. You come from down there, you get hungry. I know."

Devean George said he is close to coming back. Actually, it sounds like he's ready now. He's just waiting on his number to be called.
GEORGE: "Feel good, feel real good. I'm real close. I've been practicing full practice the last two practices, full up and down contact. It feels good. The next day it feels good. So I'm ready to go any day. Still doing my therapy, but I'm feeling good."

George had surgery in March to repair torn cartilage in his right knee. He was with Dallas at the time. He was then traded to Toronto in the Shawn Marion deal. He was then acquired by the Warriors in exchange for Marco Belinelli. George, who will be a free agent at the end of the year, has been rehabbing since joing the Warriors. He's been building up the strength in the muscles around his right knee to prevent re-injury.

There are certainly questions about whether George, who won 4 championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, still has anything left in the tank. If he does, it figures he has the size (6-8, 235) and experience (in his 11th season) to give the Warriors' bench some depth.

One thing that stands out so far, according to Smart and a couple players, is that George can shoot the rock a bit. He's a career 39 percent shooter, including 33.7 percent from 3. But his midrange has connected regularly in practice. He said he's looking forward to the opportunity to get those jumpers off in a game setting.
ELLISGEORGE: "It's there. I'm bringing it back. It's better here, too, because there's more opportunity. You can get into a rhythm. For my career, I've had to make my three or four shots count. There was only two or three per game, so I had to make them count. Here, it's up and down and you can get into a rhythm. You can shoot and miss one and be like, 'It's OK. I can get into a rhythm. There's not a lot of pressure knowing this is my one kick out so I've got to hit it because I might not see it the rest of the game."

Ellis was 14 of 16 from the line. Both were career highs.

I disagree with Noblekane (shocking huh?). There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Monta said.

I fully expect to lose tonights game by roughly the same amount of points Monta scores.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Monta said. He's confident in his scoring ability (and has always been). I mean, the kid averagedalmost 40ppg his senior year of HS and 28ppg overall.

Back
Top Bottom