THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63024/20091126/watson_thought_he_was_going_to_die/[/h1]
[h1]Watson Thought He Was Going To Die[/h1]

Nov 26, 2009 2:52 PM EST

Watson_CJ_gsw.jpg
C.J. Watson returned for his first game since contracting the H1N1 virus.

"In Milwaukee, I thought I was going to die," Watson said before Wednesday's loss in San Antonio. "I've been sick before. Never like that. I'm not going to lie. I was scared."

Watson first learned he may have the H1N1 virus after the game at Milwaukee on Nov. 14.

I swear to God I laughed out loud when I read the title.

I luh you guys man, Happy Thanksgiving.

Ok JapanAir, I took your advice about getting the Fritos at the vending machine at my work. Take a look at what happened. That's the last time I everlisten to you. Thanks, but I'll stick with my Fun-yuns over your Fritos. Smh!

2na7mkw.jpg

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hows everyones black friday shoppin going?
just got back from staples with that 300$ laptop.
i wish i didnt sleep on that best buy online sony vaio
smh.gif
smh.gif

in reno right now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
, didn't go for the laptops, instead i'm trying to get some dvd box sets and maybe some DJ headphones.

Did Black Friday once two years ago. Never again. Besides standing out in the cold, not sleeping, feeling like a head of cattle... the discounts aren'teven THAT great; most of the deals can be found throughout the year anyway.

late but happy thanksgiving.

was supposed to work til 2 today but it was dead so manager told me to take off early. bout to hit up serramonte/stonestown when my mom and girl get here.

how's shopping for everyone? don't really need a laptop but i do need a TV for my room, figured i'll just wait before christmas to find a gooddeal.

[h4]1. Latest Rumblings From Around The League[/h4]

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Here are some fresh dribbles of chatter from the NBA grapevine as collected in arenas, on the phone and via electronic transmissions of all kinds from various team officials, players, coaches and well-placed league insiders:

After spending some quality time with the Warriors during their swing through Texas this week, I am quite sure they're not shopping guard Monta Ellis.

Things always can change fast -- again -- but Ellis has been simply too good since Stephen Jackson's departure for the Warriors to think about trying to move him now.

Skeptics will note that the 79 points rung up by Ellis in a back-to-back split in Dallas and San Antonio came with coach Don Nelson away from the team because of a bout with pneumonia. Yet Ellis also had 34 points, eight assists and six steals in Nelson's final game before taking leave, leading Golden State to a home rout of Portland with his paint penetration, relentless motion … and some uncharacteristically sticky defense against Brandon Roy.

A couple of league insiders called recently asking whether we could offer any backing to rumblings that the Sixers and Warriors were discussing some sort of Elton Brand-for-Ellis swap. We checked and found that there is no credence.

It appears that Jackson's exit, even though he was tighter with Ellis than anyone else on the team, has liberated his little buddy both on the floor and in the locker room. That doesn't mean all of Ellis' well-chronicled clashing with Nelson will be instantly erased when the coach, in his fourth season with the Warriors, makes his expected return to the bench next week. Still, the Warriors are cautiously optimistic for the first time all season that they can sustain some harmony after seeing the response that Ellis' increasingly vocal leadership has been getting.

Despite being decimated by injuries, Golden State has been right there in road losses to Boston and Cleveland as well as for much of Wednesday's loss in San Antonio after using just six players in the previous night's win at Dallas. When the Warriors followed their victory over Portland by stunning the Mavs, Ellis spoke of how the team is "having fun again" and reveling in a "whole different vibe we have right now."

Is that because Jackson and Nelson were absent? Ellis wouldn't go there.

"Everybody's having fun," Ellis said. "Everybody's energetic, everybody's going through practice alive. That's what I mean by a different vibe. Everybody's moving the ball, everybody's sharing the ball, everybody's playing together.

And …

"When I see myself being more vocal and I see the response that we get, I know that's what we need."

The other pressing question circulating in Oakland, especially after the Warriors' spirited response to interim coach Keith Smart with only six suited-up players in Dallas: Could Nelson's illness be the precursor to his departure from the bench?

Highly unlikely.

Not unless Nelson, 69, is prepared to walk away from some serious money.

Nelson is scheduled to earn $6 million this season and $6 million next season. But his contract, as I understand it, includes provisions that would reduce those amounts significantly if health reasons preclude him from coaching.

The same principle applies to any suggestion that Nelson might ask to move into a consultant's role and let Smart take over. The Warriors won't pay Nelson $6 million annually to consult, and if history is any guide, he wants to collect every cent on his contract as much as he wants the 19 wins he needs to pass Lenny Wilkens for the most regular-season coaching victories in league history.

So look for Nelson to coach through the end of this season at the very least, unless his doctors forbid it or his bosses initiate a coaching change. The distinct vibe I get is that we should expect to see neither of those scenarios any time soon.

It's thus incumbent on Nelson and Ellis to get past their recent head-butting. Of equal interest, as always, is Nelson's coexistence with young forward Anthony Randolph, who also would appear to seize more of a prominent role with Jackson in Charlotte.

"We've buried that," Ellis insisted when asked about the negativity that smothered the Warriors for the season's first six weeks.

We'll see.

Didn't really do any black friday shopping. Worked from 6am - 230pm.

I did happen to buy a new point and shoot on amazon though.

Went to Buca's in downtown San Francisco with some friends, came across this license plate:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I didn't really do much since I had to work from 11PM to 730am. Ridiculous schedule and I was falling asleep on theroad =( I doubt I'm going to buy anything since I just myself a new iMac and accessories this past month.

Any updates on the W's and injuries? Will anybody be ready for the game tomorrow against the Lakers?

IMO, I think Vlad fits pretty well with the W's. If he could play the way he did against Dallas, I think he can contribute a whole lot. We'll have towait and see though.

Also, I didn't except to see Ellis fill up the stat sheet in the past three games, he honestly is impressing me.

Black Friday sucked. I worked last night so I didn't expect to get anything. I stopped by Best Buy in Colma and around 8am, it still looked like there wasa line outside the store or something. I was at Home Depot Pro across the street so maybe I was seeing things, but it really discouraged me from going to BestBuy. I went to Office Depot and took a look at the laptops and saw the line for the registers. It was crazy long and the laptops were pretty much sold out. Iended up going to Sports Authority and picking up a new Rawlings baseball glove and batting gloves for my youngest brother. Other than that, I didn't domuch. Ate at Ihop and went home afterward to fall asleep on the couch.

I got some DVD sets at Best Buy (Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and my brother got a few more), and some clothes..nothing much though.

I didn't see anything that good. When I got to work, 10am-8pm (
frown.gif
), I just grabbed Monsters vs. Aliens and Wolverine on blu-ray.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by KL9

Ehh...

cr_radman.gif

Heh.
u really think that piece of junk is his car?
Clearly not, it just reminded me of him. Was gonna take a picture of ELLIS street, but I guess I'll refrain from doing so.

Nelson_Don_gsw.jpg
Warriors coach Don Nelson is stillbattling pneumonia.

Golden State announced on Friday that Nelson will miss the team's next three games, returning after their tilt against Denver on Tuesday.

The team's next three opponents are the Lakers, Pacers and Nuggets.

Nelson has already missed two games with the illness.

http://realgm.com/src_wir...o_miss_three_more_games/

Me too.

My wife surprised me with tickets for my birthday, which is a week from today.

Where you at?

Back
Top Bottom