**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

....hold up, "So Sophisticated", "911", and "Hold Me Back" are NOT produced by Lex Luger?, but by 3 DIFFERENT producers? :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Aight man this is becoming a trend but ya'll cats need to quit crediting Lex Luger to those type of beats. Shawty Redd and Drumma Boy did it before him and even further back then them Paul and Juicy J were doing it. Lex does not OWN that sound.

:rofl:
Album will push 200k if that and then around 50k-75 2nd week. If true this will be his largest first week ever I think. Let's be serious though, Jeezy won.

Jeezy won too. Its possible for two cats to win in the rap game. :lol: I don't even know what Jeezy has to even do with Rawse.

Aight man this is becoming a trend but ya'll cats need to quit crediting Lex Luger to those type of beats. Shawty Redd and Drumma Boy did it before him and even further back then them Paul and Juicy J were doing it. Lex does not OWN that sound.

Drumma Boy, Shawty Redd , and Lex Luger don't sound anything like, and neither do Juicy J and DJ Paul. But that "Lex Luger sound" has been exhausted by himself, Southside (sort of), and apparently G5, Young Chop, Beat Bully and now this new guy Young Shun. Those dudes are literally taking "BMF", changing 1 note, and calling it a different song.

Drumma Boy, Shawty Redd , and Lex Luger don't sound anything like, and neither do Juicy J and DJ Paul. But that "Lex Luger sound" has been exhausted by himself, Southside (sort of), and apparently G5, Young Chop, Beat Bully and now this new guy Young Shun. Those dudes are literally taking "BMF", changing 1 note, and calling it a different song.

Naw everytime ya'll hear a down south beat ya'll call it "Lex beats". Lex don't make nothing that sounds like Sophisticated or 911 I don't know where ya'll getting that from. I just thought ya'll were calling down south beats Lex beats. That sound Lex got didn't originate with Lex. Lex beats sound like watered down Juicy J and DJ Paul beats. Probably why Juicy J works so much with him.

They don't sound like Lex Luger beats at all. Maybe because I fancy production I can hear the ins and outs of a beat that a casual listener may not but Lex has a very specific drum kit that is not present in any of those songs.

Same goes for the Young Chop/Luger comparisons. They don't sound anything alike.

I think dudes hear rolling hi-hats and go "Lex Luger" trap beat. Which is insane to me but to each his own...

No hit singles and the dude still probably will push 200k+. Rawse WON.

Those are meager numbers for a dude who is suppose to be "the hottest rapper in the game" If true, this dude is barely able to outsell his lablemates who he is suppose to be their boss.

Those are meager numbers for a dude who is suppose to be "the hottest rapper in the game" If true, this dude is barely able to outsell his lablemates who he is suppose to be their boss.

Real talk..

Meek might probably will outsell him...and if Wale can pull out a hit single..he has a good chance of outselling Ross too

Real talk..
Meek might probably will outsell him...and if Wale can pull out a hit single..he has a good chance of outselling Ross too

Man ya'll need to quit. Wale went 160k with TWO COLD SINGLES. That was a good look for Wale. 200k is a good look for ANYONE. Its like ya'll living in 1998 when cats like Mobb Deep were going platinum. Ya'll know the game done changed.

Tell Meek to go get a Lotus Flower Bomb and then i'll believe him outselling Wale. But I don't see him outselling Wale or Rozay. I don't even think he will outsell Self Made 2 first week sales.

Meager? How are they meager when he outsold Chris Brown and Usher?

And since when did album sales dictate how "hot" you were? If that's the case than my dude Nas is just a peasant huh? Nas sell 140k ya'll cats got moist. Rawse does 200k and he flopped. Unbelievable. :lol:

Last edited:
Naw everytime ya'll hear a down south beat ya'll call it "Lex beats". Lex don't make nothing that sounds like Sophisticated or 911 I don't know where ya'll getting that from. I just thought ya'll were calling down south beats Lex beats. That sound Lex got didn't originate with Lex. Lex beats sound like watered down Juicy J and DJ Paul beats. Probably why Juicy J works so much with him.

Not sure where the whole "ya'll" and "down south beat" stuff comes from, cause...I'm from there.

Anyway, you can't possibly be serious to not think So Sophisticated, 911, or Hold me Back all don't sound like Lex Luger did them, or had something to do with them. Did you hear Juicy J's last 3 mixtapes, including 2 exclusively produced by Lex Luger? You could stick those 3 tracks from GFID on any one of those tapes and you would barely be able to tell the difference, if at all.

I do agree that Lex Luger's beats are influenced by Juicy J & DJ Paul, but take any random beat from Paul & J (let's see...Stay Fly, Woof Woof, Let's Start A Riot, Stick & Move) and it's still a far departure from the average Lex Luger beat, which is why I consider that his sound. Ever since Lex Luger did Flockaveli, followed by BMF, it seems like every rapper has came to him saying "Hey, make me a beat like BMF", and new up and coming producers say "Hey, I love those Lex Luger beats, I wanna make beats like him"...and out come Young Chop, G5 Young Shun, Beat Bully. At least Southside has some distinction in his beats even though him and Lex Luger work together, but Young Chop has made stuff that sounds like Southside. That "Luger sound" has been exhausted to the point to where Lex Luger even changed up his own sound on future releases just so people won't lump all these other clone sounding producers with him.

Man ya'll need to quit. Wale went 160k with TWO COLD SINGLES. That was a good look for Wale. 200k is a good look for ANYONE. Its like ya'll living in 1998 when cats like Mobb Deep were going platinum. Ya'll know the game done changed.
Tell Meek to go get a Lotus Flower Bomb and then i'll believe him outselling Wale. But I don't see him outselling Wale or Rozay. I don't even think he will outsell Self Made 2 first week sales.
Meager? How are they meager when he outsold Chris Brown and Usher?
And since when did album sales dictate how "hot" you were? If that's the case than my dude Nas is just a peasant huh? Nas sell 140k ya'll cats got moist. Rawse does 200k and he flopped. Unbelievable. :lol:

I'm comparing him to Wale for the sake of trying to get people to understand he's not as "hot" as everybody makes him out to be ...I didn't say 200K was a flop.

My point is when people go off on these "Ross is the hottest rapper in the game" tangents they sound ******ed.

If you're the "hottest rapper in the game" you need to move those type of units. (i.e. Drake numbers)

I see no logic why people call him that, not musically, not lyrically and not sales wise.

That's not "hate" I'm just making a point.

Do labels really buy albums like that?
:lol: They dont actually buy em b...Its a form of cooking the books for tax purposes. The Soundscan is a private tool that will report whatever the stores sell and whatever you "report"

Soundscan numbers are what you see what actually was sold are always lower numbers

Short answer yes. Especially in the urban music world where low record sales are bad for artist branding

:lol: at Jeezy winning. He aint win **** since '08 (The Recession). Unfortunately, we probably wont hear nothing from dude till next year. He did have an album full of radio singles tho. Im kinda surprised he didnt drop another single off TM103

But honestly Ross is winning. Rich Forever, Self Made II & GFID all in 7 months. Not bad at all...just sayin

:lol: again let me know when he drops another single. Whens the last time you heard Supafreak on the radio? Dont lie

Idk if this album is garbage but I haven't heard anything yet that has convinced me to go out & cop. Ross has set his set up w/ this album b/c he has mixtapes that are considered classic albums.... Sometimes flooding the streets w/ free music isn't a good thing if they are better than the ones u charge people for

Last edited:
I don't know why Jeezy is brought up or how he lost. Album went gold and is still on the charts without any single buzzing.

I'm beyond shocked that Ross is doing 200K. Never has before, doesn't have any strong singles and people have gotten tired of him. Something doesn't sound right but oh well.

^^ jezzy and ross are forever synonymous with each other. much like nas & hov, big & pac. when 1 wins the other loses by default. I dont necessarily agree with it but it is what it is.

Listened to the album the whole way through. Very smooth :smokin J.U.S.T.I.C.E League did some amazing work.

Agree with what other have said though, it has less replay value than Teflon Don. There are probably like 7-8 tracks out of the 15 that I'd bump on a consistent basis after the first listen.

Favorites are Pirates, 3 Kings, Maybach Music IV, Sixteen, Presidential, Diced Pineapples, & Ten Jesus Pieces.

Andre's verse was dope, but that guitar solo was just sort of painful to listen to :lol: son needs some guitar lessons.

Will be bumping GFID and Life is Good the rest of the summer :nthat:

I'm currently watching a user created video of 3 kingz on YouTube.. Starting to like the song a lot more..

Last edited:
Just revisited The Albert Anastasia EP, my god that **** was crack. :smh: :x Prolly Rauce's best tape to date.

Back
Top Bottom