**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Finally got this. Been after it quite some time. Fits a little slimmer than i like but im happy with it. Leathers crazy soft.

sneakerpimp2k8 sneakerpimp2k8 thanks for the LC and help homie!

Whoah, I bought that when it came out at least 15 years ago. Still in good condition since I never really wore it, and I kept the tags too.

I'll snap a pic when I take it out of storage if I remember.

On the website and in photos the flight suits look nice but I have to ask myself when and how could I ever walk out of my home and casually go about my day wearing a flight suit.

Anybody in here have pics wearing one?

On the website and in photos the flight suits look nice but I have to ask myself when and how could I ever walk out of my home and casually go about my day wearing a flight suit.

Anybody in here have pics wearing one?
Personally, I would only wear it to an event or place that would require me to dress up and be seen. A flight suit can look incredibly well done when treated as a casual top and bottom combo with a button-down and tie with tassel (like the Marlow) or velvet slippers (Collis). 

But you can dress it down with a simple tee and clean sneakers like Jack Purcells, Stans, or even the PRL Ian Nappa Leather sneakers.

The point is, to STYLE the flight suit and not look as if you're trying to impersonate an airmen. Can't go wrong with aviators though. I like these looks...

I like the look of this Purple Label one. The belt helps, too. Helps to give it a little less of a one-piece look. The price tag on this one must be vicious.

I scooped up an adidas flight suit years ago off of eBay. It was dope and I got it for dirt, but I would up selling it & never wearing it because it was big as hell.

Couldn't get me to buy one of those flights suits . I rock those at work in 110 degree weather no way I'm putting one on my days off or of the clock

One of my guys told me that he heard Purple Label was going away, can some of the ones in the know confirm this?

All of the lines, except polo obviously, are gonna have to prove their viability going forward.

And other than the prefall stuff in macys right now, there doesnt look to be any logos/graphics/prints this fall/winter. Thats their new direction apparently. Seemed like thats always the stuff that sold well, im not feeling this new ceo.

Last I heard it was D&S on the chopping block
Not good, but...good lol something about D&S just never quite stuck with me.
Yeah every now and again they made some stuff I liked. Large majority of the things that I got from D&S are insanely cheap graphic tees to walk around the house in.

@FrankMatthews  not sure when the phasing out is supposed to happen but I was informed the decision to axe it has already been made

Last edited:
All of the lines, except polo obviously, are gonna have to prove their viability going forward.

And other than the prefall stuff in macys right now, there doesnt look to be any logos/graphics/prints this fall/winter. Thats their new direction apparently. Seemed like thats always the stuff that sold well, im not feeling this new ceo.

Me neither. I feel like he's well versed in making fast-fashion a viable component for many of the companies that were once floundering before his leadership but I don't think this is the kind of CEO that Ralph needs. Maybe as an interim CEO bc they are recovering lost ground on the stock market but not as a long-term chief officer.

Idk if it's the CEO, but I'm but feeling this brand much anymore either.

Can I get some fresh sweats without the jogger cuffs?! I'm talking outside of the general drawstring pony by the pocket sweats. And they fit effing horrible to boot. I was looking at some last week and medium fit like under armour and large was looking like hammer pants. Furthermore, they're paper thin. I've held H&M sweats that felt better.

At least I'm saving money not buying clothes I don't need in the first place :smile:

It's clear that The Factory Outlet Stores are now being used as the fast-fashion store fronts. They have an entire line of denim that is being produced exclusively for the Outlet Stores, and even have a moto inspired Factory line. This is where the new CEO comes in. They are flipping the RL returns pyramid on it's head by expanding the profit margins through the Factory Store collections. They used to use the Factory Stores to liquidate old inventory; Now they are selling brand new lines of lower quality items, while reducing the amount of the higher tier items being produced.

I seen some of the new marketing for the Factory Stores and it's pretty solid IMO. They've put together special events to create a sense of exclusivity for Factory Store customers, and some other nice things to push the fast-fashion stuff. I hope it's enough to keep the label going so that I can still get a couple of great items every Fall/Winter

Anyone have any more good coupons like that F&F discount that just ended? I was getting $70 joints for like $20. Appreciate it.

I have no idea how Purple Label and D&S post any returns.

They should really hone in on their core brands and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom