**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

http://www.complex.com/style/2012/11/ralph-lauren-to-end-its-rugby-brand-by-2013
Ralph Lauren to End its Rugby Brand by 2013
By Teofilo Killip | Nov 2, 2012 | 12:08 pm | Permalink
rugbybyralphlauren.jpg

A few companies have been trimming costs this year by getting rid of their smaller division brands. Add Ralph Lauren to the list as it plans close down its Rugby division. In operation since 2004, the one-stop-shop for all things preppy will shutter all 14 stores and the e-commerce website by next year. Similar to what Nike is doing with Umbro and Cole Haan, Ralph Lauren is back to focusing on globally growing its core brand. To those looking for a similar price point, there’s always the Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply division.
Complex churns out so much content that a lot of their pieces are poorly written. Why would they compare Rugby to D&S? I guess when comparing to all other RL branches (i.e. RRL) the prices are somewhat similar, but the aesthetic is completely different so making this comparison is kind of half-assed and probably written just to add an extra sentence for the writeup. The target markets for these 2 lines are not one and the same.

As for Rugby, its a shame. I only have a few of their items but I do like the ones I have. I'll be on the lookout for their sales come 2013.

Last edited:
I've never owned Rugby, but I think that it was perfect in bringing the younger demographic into Ralph Lauren since the Blue Label line seems tone geared toward the 30 and up crowd. As long as they offer a the same percentage of their inventory that was under the Rugby umbrella at that price point, then they will keep this group of customers brand loyal. Very sad to see it go.

Complex churns out so much content that a lot of their pieces are poorly written. Why would they compare Rugby to D&S? I guess when comparing to all other RL branches (i.e. RRL) the prices are somewhat similar, but the aesthetic is completely different so making this comparison is kind of half-assed and probably written just to add an extra sentence for the writeup. The target markets for these 2 lines are not one and the same.

As for Rugby, its a shame. I only have a few of their items but I do like the ones I have. I'll be on the lookout for their sales come 2013.
I think Rugby v D&S is a fair comparison, much better than Rugby v RRL...

Rugby donezo???

:smh:

Just when I'm gettin my money right to come up on their pieces

:nerd: for the blowout sale though hopefully

VERY angry about the Rugby news. I just went to Georgetown Rugby this past weekend to buy some more fall clothes. I think I have more Rugby clothes than anything else.

No more of these vids. :frown:

Last edited:
http://www.complex.com/style/2012/11/ralph-lauren-to-end-its-rugby-brand-by-2013
By Teofilo Killip | Nov 2, 2012 | 12:08 pm | Permalink
rugbybyralphlauren.jpg

A few companies have been trimming costs this year by getting rid of their smaller division brands. Add Ralph Lauren to the list as it plans close down its Rugby division. In operation since 2004, the one-stop-shop for all things preppy will shutter all 14 stores and the e-commerce website by next year. Similar to what Nike is doing with Umbro and Cole Haan, Ralph Lauren is back to focusing on globally growing its core brand. To those looking for a similar price point, there’s always the Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply division.
say it ain't so

i'm not even in the college years anymore but Rugby is my favorite branch of all Ralph Lauren.  I just really pick and choose my items as to not look like a frat boiyyyye

please be a sick joke?  why not keep it alive and just merge it into rl.com and rl stores like other off shoots.  it doesn't need its own store fronts and websites if that is eating up cost

mean.gif

I just want to know what those sales are going to look like once they start closing up shop...

Picked these up at marshalls , jacket is toddler sz for my son ($70) .. Vest for me ($99)

293ikw5.jpg

ekdwy.jpg

Rocked da vest out da store tho lol
28le3uq.jpg

Last edited:
Polo Cargo pants that released last year. retailed for 98. went to the outlets last week saw those cargos in a boatload of different colors for like half off.

Back
Top Bottom