The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Midnight Suns has be intrigued. I tried XCOM a few times but didnt really get hooked. The story along with Marvel characters might be enough to give it a shot. I always thought that I should like XCOM, having played the Valkyria Chronicles series.

My only hesitation is the card mechanic.

I'll probably hold off for now but maybe it will join the PS+ lineup at some point.

Midnight Suns has be intrigued. I tried XCOM a few times but didnt really get hooked. The story along with Marvel characters might be enough to give it a shot. I always thought that I should like XCOM, having played the Valkyria Chronicles series.

My only hesitation is the card mechanic.

I'll probably hold off for now but maybe it will join the PS+ lineup at some point.
XCOM is an acquired taste. not everyone will get into that unless you love turn-based games.

Midnight Suns has me intrigued too. I love Marvel and seeing some of the anti heroes involved seems like a fun time.

In my older years as a gamer tactics games are my favorite. I'm loving the mini-comeback tactics games they're making (triangle strategy, tactics ogre reborn, midnight suns etc.)

There’s classic games on PSN now? Let me check so I can finally use this premium subscription…

I haven't did that I believe yet. My only encounter with Thrud so far has been when Atreus met her in Odin's house. I'm on the part right now where I'm supposed to go find the Norns? for information, but I'm completing the side objectives like the raider vaults first & came up on Tyr's temple and saw nothing to do there so was just curious.

PO

Try going into the journal and selecting the main quest and click track. It should put you back on path.

Do what Ricky D Ricky D suggested and that should put you on track.

Always look forward to a new Tekken game but Bandai Namco not about to get got again.

Copped the Tekken 7 deluxe edition on release date which was supposed to include all the dlc, only for them to release 3 additional sets of season passes that were of course not included in deluxe edition.

Will copped Ultimate ultimate edition of Tekken 8 that has everything.

Will play through Spider Man Remastered or Uncharted 4 first.
AF161602-326A-4283-9457-BAAF6A059FB0.jpeg

Worth buying an Xbox if I have a PS5 and a switch? I got an older switch. Do I get an Oled switch? Or just overall no to more video games? steam deck? Lol

Worth buying an Xbox if I have a PS5 and a switch? I got an older switch. Do I get an Oled switch? Or just overall no to more video games? steam deck? Lol

Depends what games you want to play. I love my Series X and Gamepass is a great deal that's allowed me to play games I usually wouldn't have bought to play. You get Halo (I've been replaying the remastered Halo 2 campaign with my friend lately), Forza, Gears of War and all the studio games that Microsoft owns like Bethesda; so you get Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, etc. all on there. Gamepass lowkey reignited my love for gaming because I was getting bored/uninterested in a lot of the bigger games that had been coming out and was finding indie gems in there that I invested a decent amount of time into
Edit- you can also run retroarch on it which is awesome

Last edited:
Finished GOWR
Game is a Masterpiece in my book, and definitely one of my favorite games all time.
If you thought I was crying hard during that alcoholism part,
man oh man the tears just flowed down my face for most of Ragnarok
-Faye spittin poetry, while they mark the trees and her making kratos promise her to spread her ashes
-Freya embracing her new family(really thought Freyr was gonna appear out of thin air)
when she gave Atreus back the arrowhead, her being filled with so much hate/vengeance and then just letting it all go.
-The pain/recklessness of Sindri
-Kratos saying "open your heart Atreus."
These are some of my favorite epic moments in gaming history

The score surprised me and kept me on my toes.
When I thought it would be heavy it was quiet and vice versa.
Especially during boss fights

Ricky D Ricky D you aint never lied man, I just read your post from before and man the protect the Midgardians the tears just kept coming. I'd probably cry for the entire game if I had a son.
They did such a great job making this game relatable across so many levels.

I love in some ways they took the RDR/RDR2 route where some characters took over for others. Lunda for Sindri/Brok and Freya is now Kratos companion.
Looking forward to tying up the favors and seeing what else the story has to offer in certain ones. I also can't wait to finally watch some spoilercast interviews and see if they got a doc out for behind the scenes.
I loved the first one and I hope they deep dive how they tackled the themes.
Christopher Judge was in another realm(pun intended) when it came to the acting.
Much like in 2018 where they showed BTS of him prepping and acting out getting the blades back, I really hope we get multiple looks at the many moments
where he had to show Kratos' growth.

Complaints?
-I felt GMGOW in this one wasn't that challenging, they just increased the waves of enemies.
-Most bosses when low on life just spammed 3-4 red ring attacks in a row and it was a wrap.

-While i loved what it added to the story in an individual way, wasn't a fan of Atreus move set/controls. I understand he had to be different, but man when I'm your grill with the axe or the blades, then I gotta keep my distance.....just wasn't feeling the transition in that.

-I'm not sure how I feel about the berserkers. I've taken down 3 but I don't feel their significance the way I did with the Valkyries.
Still gonna beat them as now it's time to farm armor/upgrades for the inevitable NG+

Feels good to end the year of gaming on something that was hyped for so long
and just straight up delivered,
this might be the first game this gen that from the jump felt like $70 to me.

10/10

Last edited:
Gamepass is legit.

The opportunity to play games like MLB the Show and a Plague Tale Requiem Day 1 without having to drop additional $ is amazing.

That said Playstation exclusives > Xbox exclusives to me.

Don't play FPSs so IDGAF about Halo.

So the only reason I would even get a XSX would be for Gamepass but dropping $500+ for a new console just for that makes no sense.

I am gonna get a Switch eventually. Grew up on Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong etc.

Finished GOWR
Game is a Masterpiece in my book, and definitely one of my favorite games all time.
If you thought I was crying hard during that alcoholism part,
man oh man the tears just flowed down my face for most of Ragnarok
-Faye spittin poetry, while they mark the trees and her making kratos promise her to spread her ashes
-Freya embracing her new family(really thought Freyr was gonna appear out of thin air)
when she gave Atreus back the arrowhead, her being filled with so much hate/vengeance and then just letting it all go.
-The pain/recklessness of Sindri
-Kratos saying "open your heart Atreus."
These are some of my favorite epic moments in gaming history

The score surprised me and kept me on my toes.
When I thought it would be heavy it was quiet and vice versa.
Especially during boss fights

Ricky D Ricky D you aint never lied man, I just read your post from before and man the protect the Midgardians the tears just kept coming. I'd probably cry for the entire game if I had a son.
They did such a great job making this game relatable across so many levels.

I love in some ways they took the RDR/RDR2 route where some characters took over for others. Lunda for Sindri/Brok and Freya is now Kratos companion.
Looking forward to tying up the favors and seeing what else the story has to offer in certain ones. I also can't wait to finally watch some spoilercast interviews and see if they got a doc out for behind the scenes.
I loved the first one and I hope they deep dive how they tackled the themes.
Christopher Judge was in another realm(pun intended) when it came to the acting.
Much like in 2018 where they showed BTS of him prepping and acting out getting the blades back, I really hope we get multiple looks at the many moments
where he had to show Kratos' growth.

Complaints?
-I felt GMGOW in this one wasn't that challenging, they just increased the waves of enemies.
-Most bosses when low on life just spammed 3-4 red ring attacks in a row and it was a wrap.

-While i loved what it added to the story in an individual way, wasn't a fan of Atreus move set/controls. I understand he had to be different, but man when I'm your grill with the axe or the blades, then I gotta keep my distance.....just wasn't feeling the transition in that.

-I'm not sure how I feel about the berserkers. I've taken down 3 but I don't feel their significance the way I did with the Valkyries.
Still gonna beat them as now it's time to farm armor/upgrades for the inevitable NG+

Feels good to end the year of gaming on something that was hyped for so long
and just straight up delivered,
this might be the first game this gen that from the jump felt like $70 to me.

10/10
Glad you enjoyed it and shared some of my thoughts. Your take on Atreus is spot on. He’s coool but his move set after playing with Kratos feels like you regressed. I’m the God of War and now I gotta play like inexperienced rookie.
One thing I wish I could tell people would be to finish as many side quests with Atreus as you possibly can. Freya cool but I miss my lil man :frown:

Gamepass is legit.

The opportunity to play games like MLB the Show and a Plague Tale Requiem Day 1 without having to drop additional $ is amazing.

That said Playstation exclusives > Xbox exclusives to me.

Don't play FPSs so IDGAF about Halo.

So the only reason I would even get a XSX would be for Gamepass but dropping $500+ for a new console just for that makes no sense.

I am gonna get a Switch eventually. Grew up on Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong etc.
Fixed

Glad you enjoyed it and shared some of my thoughts. Your take on Atreus is spot on. He’s coool but his move set after playing with Kratos feels like you regressed. I’m the God of War and now I gotta play like inexperienced rookie.
One thing I wish I could tell people would be to finish as many side quests with Atreus as you possibly can. Freya cool but I miss my lil man :frown:

I'm gonna do another playthrough on NG+ and do switch up the companions for the side stuff.

For instance I did the majority of the side stuff in Alfheim with Atreus gonna do that now with Freya in NG+

When I unlocked the Crater in Vanaheim, I saved the side missions there for after I beat the main story.

Would have been dope doing that side mission about Faye with Atreus.

Doing that made me realize why Thor said this feels familiar when the Leviathan Axe and Mjolnir formed that frozen lighting bolt at the beginning of the game.

Back
Top Bottom