The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Via Amazon

Call of Duty XP Event: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition priced at $99.99
hardened.jpg

Activision has confirmed the suggested retail price for the Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition: $99.99, which is $20 more than previous Hardened Editions. The Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition comes with a one-year membership to Call of Duty Elite, bonus in-game content, a Juggernaut XBL avatar skin, a 100-page field journal and new disc art, all in a fancy steel case.

So far, Gamestop and Amazon have the Hardened Edition listed at $99.99, while EB Games Australia is charging $158 for the same package. Modern Warfare 3's jump in price may be attributed to the one-year Elite access alone, which is valued at $50 and bumps users up to "Founder status," which includes an in-game emblem, player card, camouflage and an XP boost. Or, it may all go to pay the air-conditioning bill at the Call of Duty XP Event -- we hear it's awfully temperate in that hangar.

Via PS3center.com

Jaffe: I'd put Twisted Metal Up Against Any Game Out this Year and Next Year
Twisted-Metal-Jaffe-Twitter_07-06.jpg

Twisted Metal's designer David Jaffe says that he would be willing to put his game up against the biggest hitters, when it comes to gameplay and value. He said in an interview at Pax Prime 2011:

"We get that we're not going to be this season's Battlefield 3...Look we're not Uncharted f***ing 3, I wish we had that much like 'Holy !+$$,' but gameplay-wise and value-wise I would put this game [Twisted Metal] up against any other game that's coming this Christmas, holiday season and any game in the next year."

Jaffe also stated that this game will appeal to gamers who like fast action gameplay and a deep experience, and that he is very proud of his team for making such a game.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buddy, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I love the series like the next @%!*@#%, but lettuce be cereal, this game was looking pretty booty, and being pushed back from Fall 11' till Valentine Days 12' has a lot to do with game quality and getting bent over by other fall games this year.

Via PS3center.com

Jaffe: I'd put Twisted Metal Up Against Any Game Out this Year and Next Year
Twisted-Metal-Jaffe-Twitter_07-06.jpg

Twisted Metal's designer David Jaffe says that he would be willing to put his game up against the biggest hitters, when it comes to gameplay and value. He said in an interview at Pax Prime 2011:

"We get that we're not going to be this season's Battlefield 3...Look we're not Uncharted f***ing 3, I wish we had that much like 'Holy !+$$,' but gameplay-wise and value-wise I would put this game [Twisted Metal] up against any other game that's coming this Christmas, holiday season and any game in the next year."

Jaffe also stated that this game will appeal to gamers who like fast action gameplay and a deep experience, and that he is very proud of his team for making such a game.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buddy, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I love the series like the next @%!*@#%, but lettuce be cereal, this game was looking pretty booty, and being pushed back from Fall 11' till Valentine Days 12' has a lot to do with game quality and getting bent over by other fall games this year.

Via playstationlifestyl.net

PS3 Demonstrates its Superior Disk Format with Battlefield 3
feature-Battlefield3-KarkandArt.jpg

For the first few years following its public release, the Blu-ray format was shrugged by many due to its high cost and somewhat unnecessary storage size. Years later, we’re beginning to regularly see the benefits of the Blu-ray’s features, particularly with video games. Battlefield 3 is no exception.

Battlefield 3 is going to be a big game, there’s no doubt about it, and so big, in fact, that it’ll take two DVDs with lots of compression to generate enough storage for its monstrous size. As seen in the image below, which was taken by the Japanese Esutero blog, Sony’s competitor will be forced to include two full discs instead of the single Blu-ray that PS3 owners will see.

Battlefield3-TwoDisks.jpg

Many of us haven’t had to switch out discs since the PlayStation One days, and we have Sony’s foresight to thank for that. Blu-ray has done a great job of populating the market after a rough initial start and today is the standard format for full HD video playback.

We recently spent time at PAX playing Battlefield 3, and really enjoyed what it had to offer. Read our PAX Hands On to learn more.

Yeah disc swapping... is for the birds.

Via playstationlifestyl.net

PS3 Demonstrates its Superior Disk Format with Battlefield 3
feature-Battlefield3-KarkandArt.jpg

For the first few years following its public release, the Blu-ray format was shrugged by many due to its high cost and somewhat unnecessary storage size. Years later, we’re beginning to regularly see the benefits of the Blu-ray’s features, particularly with video games. Battlefield 3 is no exception.

Battlefield 3 is going to be a big game, there’s no doubt about it, and so big, in fact, that it’ll take two DVDs with lots of compression to generate enough storage for its monstrous size. As seen in the image below, which was taken by the Japanese Esutero blog, Sony’s competitor will be forced to include two full discs instead of the single Blu-ray that PS3 owners will see.

Battlefield3-TwoDisks.jpg

Many of us haven’t had to switch out discs since the PlayStation One days, and we have Sony’s foresight to thank for that. Blu-ray has done a great job of populating the market after a rough initial start and today is the standard format for full HD video playback.

We recently spent time at PAX playing Battlefield 3, and really enjoyed what it had to offer. Read our PAX Hands On to learn more.

Yeah disc swapping... is for the birds.

Via bf3blog

Battlefield 3: it takes 100 hours to unlock everything. Per Kit.
bf3-sig.jpg

One of the most popular aspects of Battlefield 2 was its deep persistence feature, where players earned unlocks and awards as they played, and which could keep them busy for years. This returned in Bad Company 2, however, you could unlock most of the weapons and gadgets in Bad Company 2 in a few dozen hours, something which took DICE by surprise.
For Battlefield 3, DICE always stated that they were going with a much deeper persistence feature, with many more unlocks and a revamped unlock structure for weapons and attachments. Now DICE’s Alan Kertz has unveiled just how long it takes to unlock all the weapons, attachments and gadgets for a class: 100 hours.

The reason it takes so long is because unlocks in Battlefield 3 are given per weapon basis, where each weapon attachment must be unlocked for a specific weapon, meaning that players will be unlocking the same attachments and gadgets over and over again, for each weapon. Most weapons will be given three slots: one for scope, one for barrel, and one under-barrel slot for grips, bipods, grenade launchers, etc.

On one hand, the more you use a weapon, the more and better accessories you get for it, on the other hand, it might get a bit too repetitive unlocking the same thing again and again. But we’ll have to wait and see how the system works when the game ships. Or in the upcoming beta.

Beta starts this month, also you don't have to purchase Medal of Honor to get inside, there will be other ways 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Via bf3blog

Battlefield 3: it takes 100 hours to unlock everything. Per Kit.
bf3-sig.jpg

One of the most popular aspects of Battlefield 2 was its deep persistence feature, where players earned unlocks and awards as they played, and which could keep them busy for years. This returned in Bad Company 2, however, you could unlock most of the weapons and gadgets in Bad Company 2 in a few dozen hours, something which took DICE by surprise.
For Battlefield 3, DICE always stated that they were going with a much deeper persistence feature, with many more unlocks and a revamped unlock structure for weapons and attachments. Now DICE’s Alan Kertz has unveiled just how long it takes to unlock all the weapons, attachments and gadgets for a class: 100 hours.

The reason it takes so long is because unlocks in Battlefield 3 are given per weapon basis, where each weapon attachment must be unlocked for a specific weapon, meaning that players will be unlocking the same attachments and gadgets over and over again, for each weapon. Most weapons will be given three slots: one for scope, one for barrel, and one under-barrel slot for grips, bipods, grenade launchers, etc.

On one hand, the more you use a weapon, the more and better accessories you get for it, on the other hand, it might get a bit too repetitive unlocking the same thing again and again. But we’ll have to wait and see how the system works when the game ships. Or in the upcoming beta.

Beta starts this month, also you don't have to purchase Medal of Honor to get inside, there will be other ways 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Via Playstationlifestyle.net

Kevin Butler Leads the Resistance, Rolls out ad Campaign

After having taken a short break to be the president of a flooring company, Kevin Butler is back at Sony – but he has a lot of work to do. Not only does he have to promote the PlayStation 3′s recent price cut, but Insomniac’s upcoming FPS Resistance 3. Luckily for KB, this time he’s joined by a whole squad of Move sharpshooter wielding gamers. In the ad, Kevin Butler sits astride a magnificent stallion as he rallies the troops to fight for the resistance

Via Playstationlifestyle.net

Kevin Butler Leads the Resistance, Rolls out ad Campaign

After having taken a short break to be the president of a flooring company, Kevin Butler is back at Sony – but he has a lot of work to do. Not only does he have to promote the PlayStation 3′s recent price cut, but Insomniac’s upcoming FPS Resistance 3. Luckily for KB, this time he’s joined by a whole squad of Move sharpshooter wielding gamers. In the ad, Kevin Butler sits astride a magnificent stallion as he rallies the troops to fight for the resistance

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...rs-10-free-games-including-plants-vs-zombies/

On the discount side of things, Resident Evil 4 (releasing 9/20 on PSN) and Resident Evil Code Veronica (releasing on 9/27 on PSN) will be 50% off for Plus subscribers as part of the RE 15th Anniversary special. We’ll also offer for 1 week an additional 50% off select LucasArts PSP content on sale for PSN . Check the list below for all the titles in this lineup as well as the other discounts.

RE4 HD for ten bucks!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...rs-10-free-games-including-plants-vs-zombies/

On the discount side of things, Resident Evil 4 (releasing 9/20 on PSN) and Resident Evil Code Veronica (releasing on 9/27 on PSN) will be 50% off for Plus subscribers as part of the RE 15th Anniversary special. We’ll also offer for 1 week an additional 50% off select LucasArts PSP content on sale for PSN . Check the list below for all the titles in this lineup as well as the other discounts.

RE4 HD for ten bucks!

If there are a few Nt'ers grabbing Dead Island, I will. Ive been missing some Co-op play. 
I'm going to leave Disgaea 4 until my Christmas holidays I think. 

If there are a few Nt'ers grabbing Dead Island, I will. Ive been missing some Co-op play. 
I'm going to leave Disgaea 4 until my Christmas holidays I think. 

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

There are. I've been missing playing with y'all online too since I pretty much swore off CoD.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

There are. I've been missing playing with y'all online too since I pretty much swore off CoD.

Back
Top Bottom