The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I know this might not have much to do with the PS3, but all the Final Fantasy fans in here will really love this video. :pimp:

It really makes you wonder how in the hell they could wield this thing with one hand (yes, i know. Jenova cells, :lol:).

:lol: @ the Chocobo pinata.

I wonder how much he wants for it? :nerd:

Away for the weekend with the family so I am just catching up.

Saw this on the IGN comment section... :lol:

Bring it on XBots!

Sorry last post for the night. :lol:

Not crazy impressed with the Microsoft reveal but the thing is, I can see a bunch of people I know really digging the entertainment hub idea. And the fantasy basketball while watching was very cool.

The gaming side was a real let down. Not a ton shown and of that, only Forza and Quantic Break really piqued my interest.

Its nice to see the two brands (Sony and Microsoft) begin to differentiate. I am pretty much a day 1 PS4 adopter but I'll have to wait and see about this X-Box One. And chances are I may end up getting one for free - $99 for re-upping my cable for a set term. But if I did get it, itd be for the extra features it offers, not for the gaming side.

Sorry last post for the night. :lol:

Not crazy impressed with the Microsoft reveal but the thing is, I can see a bunch of people I know really digging the entertainment hub idea. And the fantasy basketball while watching was very cool.

The gaming side was a real let down. Not a ton shown and of that, only Forza and Quantic Break really piqued my interest.

Its nice to see the two brands (Sony and Microsoft) begin to differentiate. I am pretty much a day 1 PS4 adopter but I'll have to wait and see about this X-Box One. And chances are I may end up getting one for free - $99 for re-upping my cable for a set term. But if I did get it, itd be for the extra features it offers, not for the gaming side.

I can see some people liking it but they said those features are only available at launch in the US. so if you like what you saw and are not in the US then oh well.

i think my ps3 finally bit the dust.. i was so looking forward to The Last of Us too. It turns off instantly when i turn it on, then the red light flashes like 3 times :smh:

i think my ps3 finally bit the dust.. i was so looking forward to The Last of Us too. It turns off instantly when i turn it on, then the red light flashes like 3 times :smh:

Not knowing what model your PS3 is, but if it is an older one, try this out.

You can do this fan test.

Turn the mains switch off, hold the eject button.

While holding it, turn the mains on, when the power light is green, release it, it will beep

The fan will operate at the highest speed possible and will eject any disc that is inside.

After about 15 seconds the fan will stop spinning and the ps3 will beep 3 times and blink a red light.

When this happens, turn the mains off and on then turn it on normally.

P.S. It will not harm your ps3

I have the first slim model, and it's yeah its hot in my room but not hot enough for the a/c yet. also I haven't even played my ps3 that much as of late. Just started playing skyrim again a few days ago then all of a sudden this happens.

Last edited:
I have the first slim model, and it's yeah its hot in my room but not hot enough for the a/c yet. also I haven't even played my ps3 that much as of late. Just started playing skyrim again a few days ago then all of a sudden this happens.

Lol skyrim is a ps3 killer. Always had mine freezing

MK9's terrible servers killed my OG 60 GB. Dead serious. The lag and stuff was bad that it had my PS3 doing things that it didn't do with any other games. I seriously think that it caught a virus.

MK9's terrible servers killed my OG 60 GB. Dead serious. The lag and stuff was bad that it had my PS3 doing things that it didn't do with any other games. I seriously think that it caught a virus.
Lmao oh man. The game strained your PS3s hardware. Not a virus. It's like running Crisis on Windows XP.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Release Date
Available for both platforms from August 27.
by Luke Karmali MAY 23, 2013

Square Enix has announced Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will release on PC and PlayStation 3 on August 27. The PC version will cost $29.99, while the PS3 version will cost $39.99

The company has also revealed that monthly subscription fees for the game will start at $12.99 / £7.69 / €10.99.

Anyone who pre-orders the game will get early access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, a Cait Sith non-combat pet and a Mog Cap that can be worn in-game.

A Collector's Edition of the game will also be available for $79.99 on PlayStation 3 (and $69.99 on PC via Square's online store). It will come with an 80-page art book, a bonus disc containing cinematic events that led up to the realm being reborn, a soundtrack album, five character art cards and a security token to help secure your account. Additionally, in-game bonus items the Helm of Light, a baby Behemoth non-combat pet, a Couerl Mount and Behemoth Barding are also included.

[COLOR=#red]Square-Enix of America President and CEO Mike Fischer Resigns[/COLOR]
Next-gen is in, another one at Square is out.
by Mitch Dyer MAY 23, 2013

Square-Enix of America president and CEO Mike Fischer has left the Japanese company. After nearly three years with the developer/publisher, Fischer departed for a vice president position at Amazon Japan's Digital Music and Video division.

Following the company's recent revision of its business, president Yoichi Wada stepped down in April.

IGN has reached out to Square-Enix for comment. Fischer told Polygon he departed the company amicably.

Fischer previously worked with Microsoft, SEGA, and Namco.

Last edited:
Dont know if any NT'ers are interested in FFXIV, but I am thinking about giving it 3 months and see how it goes. Ive really grown tired of Call of Duty/Battlefield, so I have been looking for something to replace them when I have a few hours at night before hitting the hay.

Hopefully they address the pricing model (3 months for $30 or something) and what will happen with the transition to PS4.

I'm not interested in MMO Final Fantasies but if the collector edition ends up in my house one day it won't suprise me.

Look at it.

The more I play FFXIV the more I enjoy it. If you enjoyed WoW, you will enjoy XIV.

I understand what a debacle it was when 1.0 was released but the team has done an amazing job turning things around in a year. I hope anyone interested will at least give it a try.

From Joystiq:

Grand Theft Auto 5 collector's editions detailed, priced

Grand Theft Auto 5 will try to beat a couple extra bucks out of you with its "special edition" and "collector's edition," which were announced for pre-order this morning by Rockstar Games.

The $79.99 special edition includes the game, artbook, blueprint map, in-game special ability boost for the playable characters, stunt plane trials, bonus outfits and additional weapons. The $149.99 collector's edition includes everything already listed in the special edition, with the addition of security deposit bag and logo key, cap, classic characters for GTA online and "unique vehicles and garage property."

All pre-orders of the game will receive the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle. Yes, a blimp. Grand Theft Auto 5 will deliver its goodyear goodies on September 17.

Anyone wanna let me get that snapback?? :smile: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom