The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Been loving my PS3 bros. PS+ keeps delivering.

Been playing AC3, Catherine, BF3 :pimp:, MK9 :pimp:, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, NHL 13', Max Payne 3, FIFA 13, and the list goes on. Loving the break

Is Catherine really good? I still don't understand what it's about...

I think you'd dig it NC. It's part puzzle game part dating sim but a ton of fun. I really liked it when I played it last year.

Multiplayer in Last of Us huh?

A multiplayer component seems out of place in a game like this.

Interested in seeing how Naughty Dog incorporates it into this game.

I own Black Ops: Declassified for Vita and it is one of the worst "big name" games I have played. The controls are horrendous and the story is nonsensical.
You gotta teach me how to play NHL man :lol:

There is a ton of nuance to that game, but if you can master 2 on 1's and dekes on 1 on 1's, you'll beat 80 percent of people online.

The new skating takes a while to get used to, but I like it better than 12. Just keep playing online, thats the best way to get better. The computer is easy to exploit, but tends to get the cheapest goals on the harder difficulties.

Multiplayer in Last of Us huh?

A multiplayer component seems out of place in a game like this.

Interested in seeing how Naughty Dog incorporates it into this game.
I thought so at first but we've seen more humans in the new trailers, even more than the fungus guys so they could make a case.
They can also make it very unique if they incorporate all the survival gameplay that we've seen so far into the multiplayer.
Imagine how tense it will be if you only have 3 bullets and you need to collect items to heal up. If done well It will probably stand out from other typical Third Person multiplayers

Last edited:
There is a ton of nuance to that game, but if you can master 2 on 1's and dekes on 1 on 1's, you'll beat 80 percent of people online.
The new skating takes a while to get used to, but I like it better than 12. Just keep playing online, thats the best way to get better. The computer is easy to exploit, but tends to get the cheapest goals on the harder difficulties.
Yeah I will do that for sure.

And Catherine is in my favorite top 5 of this generation. It is basically a movie about a supernatural love triangle. The gameplay is the puzzle type. It is HARD but very rewarding.

If anyone is looking for something different I would suggest checking it out.

What happened to the Vita tho? It is still early but did it flop? I enjoyed MK on it but that is about all I would buy. Actually, I would copp Persona 4

Last edited:
just got a ps3 name is icecold-koolaid
i got infamous 1 n 2
uncharted1 n 2
battlefield 3
cod blackops 2
PlayStation all stars
dc universe
gundam vs gundam extreme
add me if u have any of these or just want to play

^^^ bf3

me u ohleo

u host tho since me and leo can never stay connected. will add u as soon as i get back from the holidays.

Someone recommend me a game. I finished Max Payne 3 a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I returned Assassins Creed 3 because I just couldn't get in to it.

I'm trying to decide between these 3 games:

Mass Effect 3 - Never played anything in the series, but I heard it's amazing
Hitman Absolution - same as ME3
Sleeping Dogs

What do you all recommend, or should I be looking at something different?

Get the Mass Effect collection! Do it! Easily the best series of this generation, despite the ending.

Someone recommend me a game. I finished Max Payne 3 a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I returned Assassins Creed 3 because I just couldn't get in to it.
Sleeping Dogs

What's your PSN :nerd:?

I downloaded street fighter 4 arcade edition last week and finally got around to installing it last night when it gave me the error code I guess my ps+ ran out over the weekend anybody know any deals on ps+ cards

Happy New Years, guys. Stay safe, drink too much, be aware on the roads if you're driving.

Here's to only a few more months until Last of Us and Bioshock: Infinite come out!

Sleeping Dogs

Can't speak for the first two since I down own either, but I have Sleeping Dogs and I have really enjoyed that game.

Also if you haven't yet I'd recommend giving the Uncharted and God of War games a try, some of the best games on the PS3 or any console for that matter.

BTW, Happy New Years to NT PS3 family.
pimp.gif

After 5 and a half years my PS3 bit the dust. Taking it to xCubicle on Wednesday yo see if they can work their magic and bring it back to life. I was sleeping, saw the red light flashing, Googled it and confirmed my fears. I would like to think that not turning it off fully had something to do with it. Either way I'm very disappointed in this development. Can't afford a new system at the moment.

After 5 and a half years my PS3 bit the dust. Taking it to xCubicle on Wednesday yo see if they can work their magic and bring it back to life. I was sleeping, saw the red light flashing, Googled it and confirmed my fears. I would like to think that not turning it off fully had something to do with it. Either way I'm very disappointed in this development. Can't afford a new system at the moment.

I think that leaving it on standby has something to do with it too. Mine went out when I used to keep it on. I took it to a local shop and got it fixed. After that, I always shut it all the way down and I haven't had any problems since.

Back
Top Bottom