The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Yes. Should be 9.99.

Unrelated, but I thought the Walking Dead winning GOTY at the VGAs was a complete joke.

Expect a 2 paragraph reply post from Empire telling you otherwise :lol:

:lol:

Seriously though, there were a few great games this year. Nothing really amazed me, but alot of games were enjoyable. Compared to previous years when youd have a dozen good games and a bunch of crap.

YO whats up with that Hitman, I never got it, I looked at some gameplay and it looks pretty damn linear, like theres only very few particular ways to get Silent Assassin.  Blood Money is 
pimp.gif
.  I'm about to sell my FIFA if this game is worth it.  

Edit: Also I hopped on Home just for the hell of it last night and that place is massive now.  See soooo many couples. 
laugh.gif
 guys wanting to dance battle me, calling me names like free shirts and starter pants. 
roll.gif
  Played HORSE with a dude, he was making crazy *** bank shots on walls and other baskets? Made one from outside the fence.  People still tryna friend request you if you are female avatar.  I'm bout to tell my girl to hop on Home so we can ride the ferris wheel and go on dates or shopping in the mall

Last edited:
YO whats up with that Hitman, I never got it, I looked at some gameplay and it looks pretty damn linear, like theres only very few particular ways to get Silent Assassin.  Blood Money is :pimp: .  I'm about to sell my FIFA if this game is worth it.  

Man, Hitman was lame, especially if you like Blood Money. I got to this really lame, super scripted part a few missions in and gave up. You have to be within a certain distance of this target for him to initiate a conversation with another character before he moves. Otherwise they just stand there face to face.

Too many linear sections, not enough open level design. Total Disappointment.

Far Cry 3 worth getting right now for $60? Never played the series before... the commercial makes the game look great.

I used to have a UK account, only because FIFA demos came out a couple weeks earlier, but no i have not signed in since the psn store update

Is San Andreas confirmed for the store tomorrow?

Yes. Should be 9.99.

Unrelated, but I thought the Walking Dead winning GOTY at the VGAs was a complete joke.
What's your GOTY?

I thought 2012 was pretty weak to be honest, so I'm not mad at TWD winning.
Despite the complaints about the ending, Mass Effect 3 was my GOTY. Assassin's Creed III, even with the industry hype machine behind it, was a dud.

I agree that 2012 sucked for gaming.

Last edited:
has anyone picked up COD for the vita? im thinking about getting it since i only have MVC for it..also what are some cool thiings to get for the PSP im so disappointed with mine.. :frown:

i have no clue why i put PSP, i guess since its basically the same thing..
laugh.gif

have the vita just one game plus some demos..

Last edited:
I wouldn't suggest it. All reviews say it's terrible. Your best bet would be little big planet, or something like uncharted. LBP is $20 right now at gamestop. PlayStation All Stars is as well but I see you already have a fighting game. It's fun though.

I own Black Ops: Declassified for Vita and it is one of the worst "big name" games I have played. The controls are horrendous and the story is nonsensical.

^ kind of expected it since they made the game in 8 months. Activition pull out of the deal to create the game, so Sony had to get the Resistance team to finish it.

Last edited:
YO whats up with that Hitman, I never got it, I looked at some gameplay and it looks pretty damn linear, like theres only very few particular ways to get Silent Assassin.  Blood Money is :pimp: .  I'm about to sell my FIFA if this game is worth it.  

Edit: Also I hopped on Home just for the hell of it last night and that place is massive now.  See soooo many couples. :lol:  guys wanting to dance battle me, calling me names like free shirts and starter pants. :rofl:   Played HORSE with a dude, he was making crazy *** bank shots on walls and other baskets? Made one from outside the fence.  People still tryna friend request you if you are female avatar.  I'm bout to tell my girl to hop on Home so we can ride the ferris wheel and go on dates or shopping in the mall

I've been meaning to check out Home. I've been hearing a lot about the major upgrades going on but backlog is my main priority.

BTW Did anyone play the Ni No Kuni demo. Just wanted to hear some general impressions.

that nino kuni maneuvy was meh. it has outstanding cell shaded graphics. and i have nothing against cartoony looking games as mario 64 is an absolute behemoth. im just not into round table battle menus ala this, grandia and pes 3. pes 3's saving grace, however, is its music/characters/dialogue etc. im more into ff 8/9 battle menus. also the battle music itself during the volcano scenario was rather lackluster. i wanted and expected to be blown away but i wasnt. maybe its me finding any reason i can to not play a new game these days, but its an easy rondo for me.

super street fighter 2 hd > ss4ae btw

Here's a live stream of Tomb Raider from earlier this week.

Gonna check it out later.

They'll do GTA VI in Vice City before they put all the cities in one game.

Whoever wants early access to the God War Ascension Multi Player Beta follow the directions on this website:

http://cdn.fraggednation.net/event/godofwar/

It's open right now to only people in the North America region.If your outside of that region you can probably get around it by creating a US PSN account.

If not just wait until it opens up for PS+ subscribers on January 8th.

Last edited:

It has been a big weekend for us here at Naughty Dog. We revealed a brand new trailer for The Last of Us at the Spike Video Game Awards on Friday along with the most important news for any fan – that The Last of Us will be released on May 7th, 2013!

This is our second trailer release and our first since announcing The Last of Us at least year’s VGA show. If you didn’t catch the show when it aired live or the Spike video stream, you can watch the full, uncensored trailer at the top of this post. We’ve tried to keep the trailer as spoiler-free as possible, while giving you some hints at the tense, emotional narrative the development team has crafted for The Last of Us.

That’s not all – we are also excited to announce details on the bonus content you can get for pre-ordering your copy of The Last of Us. Participating retailers will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes:
The official soundtrack of the game
A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie

We’ve also worked with GameStop to provide exclusive bonus content in addition to the Sights and Sounds Pack. Pre-ordering at GameStop also nets you the Survival Pack, which includes:
Bonus experience points for multiplayer
A multiplayer melee attack booster
Some extra starting in-game cash
Special customizable character items for multiplayer
Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign

Multiplayer, wha? We’re not quite ready to talk about it yet, but stay tuned as we’ll be revealing more details on multiplayer before The Last of Us is released on May 7th, 2013.
The team here is pumped to head into the home stretch to finish The Last of Us. We can’t wait to show you more in the coming months!

do any of you folks have motion controls and/or the guns? my buddy had em for socom and they were a pain to use...

plus it sux you gotta get 3 different pieces in order to play with em...

are they worth it?

Back
Top Bottom