The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Finally Got that Platinum on COD: BO!
pimp.gif

Capo, I appreciate the help sir. It took us about a week but we got it son!
laugh.gif

Empire, I like trophies, but only for high-profile releases & challenging games. I hate easy ones.
ohwell.gif

Next up Resistance 3!
happy.gif

PO

Damn I still don't have any Platinum trophies 
ohwell.gif
I was gonna try to get it in L.A. Noire, but I got tired of it...
I can probably get it in Madden 12....doesn't seem too hard

Damn I still don't have any Platinum trophies 
ohwell.gif
I was gonna try to get it in L.A. Noire, but I got tired of it...
I can probably get it in Madden 12....doesn't seem too hard

Originally Posted by PO2345

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Empire, I like trophies, but only for high-profile releases & challenging games. I hate easy ones.
ohwell.gif

Next up Resistance 3!
happy.gif

PO
pimp.gif
 no doubt man. Damn trophy took super long for no reason 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Next up Resistance 3!
happy.gif

PO
pimp.gif
 no doubt man. Damn trophy took super long for no reason 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

PO

You'll never see me picking up Hanna Montana or something like that, but a game like Altered Beast was a.) Free and b.) Had a nostalgia factor to it.
It also felt awesome to beat it on easy after having to try like 80 times as a kid to get through the first level. 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

PO

You'll never see me picking up Hanna Montana or something like that, but a game like Altered Beast was a.) Free and b.) Had a nostalgia factor to it.
It also felt awesome to beat it on easy after having to try like 80 times as a kid to get through the first level. 
laugh.gif

speaking of Blockbuster...

i drove pass by one in my neighborhood. they just started renting their games out for 99 cent per day.

talk about a late pass.

the deal is kinda misleading anyways since all the new releases are $1.99 per day.

speaking of Blockbuster...

i drove pass by one in my neighborhood. they just started renting their games out for 99 cent per day.

talk about a late pass.

the deal is kinda misleading anyways since all the new releases are $1.99 per day.

Via ir.tak2games.com

Max Payne 3 emerging in March 2012, multiplayer included
eq4in8.jpg

Max Payne 3 will launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March 2012. That's the word from Rockstar Games, which has been nothing short of enigmatic during the game's protracted development.

The third-person slow-mo shooter sees Max traveling to São Paulo, Brazil, and protecting a family targeted by society's more illicit elements -- he might have gotten better at doing that sort of thing since the first game.

His solo criminal crackdown is accompanied by a multiplayer mode, which marketing guys describe as "a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match." You can also expect the obligatory leveling system, clans and load-out selection.

To steel yourself for said "compelling experience," we suggest you stock up on testosterone, John Woo movies (not Windtalkers, obviously) and facial expressions that convey either familial anguish, or excessive chili burrito consumption.

Via ir.tak2games.com

Max Payne 3 emerging in March 2012, multiplayer included
eq4in8.jpg

Max Payne 3 will launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March 2012. That's the word from Rockstar Games, which has been nothing short of enigmatic during the game's protracted development.

The third-person slow-mo shooter sees Max traveling to São Paulo, Brazil, and protecting a family targeted by society's more illicit elements -- he might have gotten better at doing that sort of thing since the first game.

His solo criminal crackdown is accompanied by a multiplayer mode, which marketing guys describe as "a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match." You can also expect the obligatory leveling system, clans and load-out selection.

To steel yourself for said "compelling experience," we suggest you stock up on testosterone, John Woo movies (not Windtalkers, obviously) and facial expressions that convey either familial anguish, or excessive chili burrito consumption.

Via content.usatoday

Madden sells 1.4 million copies in first week
madden-11-072710.jpg

After somewhat disappointing launches for Maddens 10 and 11, first-week sales for Madden NFL 12 seem to have bounced back a bit. USA Today reports that in its first seven days on store shelves, the annual football franchise moved 1.4 million units, a 10 percent increase over last year's opening week.

What could have been the cause of this bump? The incremental changes to the Franchise mode? The improved player animations? The relative beefiness of cover player Peyton Hillis? Some combination of all three? No, no. It's almost certainly the beefiness.

Via content.usatoday

Madden sells 1.4 million copies in first week
madden-11-072710.jpg

After somewhat disappointing launches for Maddens 10 and 11, first-week sales for Madden NFL 12 seem to have bounced back a bit. USA Today reports that in its first seven days on store shelves, the annual football franchise moved 1.4 million units, a 10 percent increase over last year's opening week.

What could have been the cause of this bump? The incremental changes to the Franchise mode? The improved player animations? The relative beefiness of cover player Peyton Hillis? Some combination of all three? No, no. It's almost certainly the beefiness.

Via Eurogamer.net

Battlefield 3 preorders over 1.25 million already, beating Bad Company 2
battlefield3preorders.jpg

EA's CFO Eric Brown announced at the Citi 2011 Tech Conference today that Battlefield 3 has already racked up 1.25 million pre-orders, putting it "well ahead" of the previous Battlefield title, Bad Company 2, at the same time leading up to launch. Over ten times more, in fact.

That game sold 2.3 million copies in the first month of release, and has sold over 9 million copies according to the most recent financial reports. Presumably, Battlefield 3 is on track to do even better than that. Brown said that EA expects to make full use of "the advantage of a two-and-a-half week early launch window versus our competitor," Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Brown also spoke about pre-orders for EA's other big release this fall, Star Wars: The Old Republic, though declined to provide actual numbers. Star Wars: The Old Republic will have a smaller marketing budget than Battlefield 3 at launch, and EA expects to support it over a longer length of time. Brown said that SW:TOR would have "a different spend curve," -- so far, that demand "is tracking consistent with our expectations."

Anybody else preorder?

Via Eurogamer.net

Battlefield 3 preorders over 1.25 million already, beating Bad Company 2
battlefield3preorders.jpg

EA's CFO Eric Brown announced at the Citi 2011 Tech Conference today that Battlefield 3 has already racked up 1.25 million pre-orders, putting it "well ahead" of the previous Battlefield title, Bad Company 2, at the same time leading up to launch. Over ten times more, in fact.

That game sold 2.3 million copies in the first month of release, and has sold over 9 million copies according to the most recent financial reports. Presumably, Battlefield 3 is on track to do even better than that. Brown said that EA expects to make full use of "the advantage of a two-and-a-half week early launch window versus our competitor," Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Brown also spoke about pre-orders for EA's other big release this fall, Star Wars: The Old Republic, though declined to provide actual numbers. Star Wars: The Old Republic will have a smaller marketing budget than Battlefield 3 at launch, and EA expects to support it over a longer length of time. Brown said that SW:TOR would have "a different spend curve," -- so far, that demand "is tracking consistent with our expectations."

Anybody else preorder?

Via blog.us.playstation

Assassin's Creed: Revelations beta opens to every PSN user tomorrow
acrmain530-2.jpg

Not a PlayStation Plus subscriber, but you firmly subscribe to a lifestyle of professional assassination? You'd think the latter would give you the money required for the former, but regardless -- your first opportunity to get down on the Assassin's Creed: Revelations multiplayer beta approaches. As of tomorrow, the beta will be downloadable for every PSN user, not just Plussers.

If you're planning on getting in, you'll want to do so before the beta closes on September 11. We'll see you on the battlefield! But you won't see us. Until after we've stabbed you, of course. Unless we stab you from behind, and you die really quickly! There's a lot of ways this could go down, see.

Via blog.us.playstation

Assassin's Creed: Revelations beta opens to every PSN user tomorrow
acrmain530-2.jpg

Not a PlayStation Plus subscriber, but you firmly subscribe to a lifestyle of professional assassination? You'd think the latter would give you the money required for the former, but regardless -- your first opportunity to get down on the Assassin's Creed: Revelations multiplayer beta approaches. As of tomorrow, the beta will be downloadable for every PSN user, not just Plussers.

If you're planning on getting in, you'll want to do so before the beta closes on September 11. We'll see you on the battlefield! But you won't see us. Until after we've stabbed you, of course. Unless we stab you from behind, and you die really quickly! There's a lot of ways this could go down, see.

Via engadget

is Sony moving away from the old XMB UI?
p1030472.jpg

ooks like Sony is moving away from the XMB UI in it's newer products, noticeably missing from the PlayStation Vita & Sony's New STR-DA5700ES and STR-DA3700ES AV Receivers that ships in November with the "activity based UI" that's said to be easier to use than the XMB (XrossMediaBar), could we be seeing the new activity based UI in a future FW update for the PS3?

I've been vocal on how weak / boring the XMB is, glad to see Sony taking note, and hopefully this does make it to a future FW upgrade, 4.0? Hint. 

Via engadget

is Sony moving away from the old XMB UI?
p1030472.jpg

ooks like Sony is moving away from the XMB UI in it's newer products, noticeably missing from the PlayStation Vita & Sony's New STR-DA5700ES and STR-DA3700ES AV Receivers that ships in November with the "activity based UI" that's said to be easier to use than the XMB (XrossMediaBar), could we be seeing the new activity based UI in a future FW update for the PS3?

I've been vocal on how weak / boring the XMB is, glad to see Sony taking note, and hopefully this does make it to a future FW upgrade, 4.0? Hint. 

Back
Top Bottom