The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I remember the first time I heard Boudoir, I was like why not say lingerie. LoL
Boudoir sounds so fancy you don't even know it's a woman in her underwear lol
Ah i got ya. I like boudoir on fancy beds and furniture. IMO the environment adds a lot to a boudoir shoot.
It'll be one of the next shoots I'll do with a model. Imma let my wife by my stripper lol I been meaning to contact a few dancers out here and offer em some photo products (calendars, prints, etc) so my wife will not only help my spank bank but also my money bank lol

I remember the first time I heard Boudoir, I was like why not say lingerie. LoL

Boudoir sounds so fancy you don't even know it's a woman in her underwear lol

Ah i got ya. I like boudoir on fancy beds and furniture. IMO the environment adds a lot to a boudoir shoot.

It'll be one of the next shoots I'll do with a model. Imma let my wife by my stripper lol I been meaning to contact a few dancers out here and offer em some photo products (calendars, prints, etc) so my wife will not only help my spank bank but also my money bank lol

its hard to make decent money on boudoir

I almost exclusively make money on it through brides.

Last edited:

I figured. There are so many photographers out here that I've put a lot of focus on products for my photography to set myself apart. My hope is that even if they decide to go with a different photographer or use old pics that I can offer a product list that will attract new customers.

I figured. There are so many photographers out here that I've put a lot of focus on products for my photography to set myself apart. My hope is that even if they decide to go with a different photographer or use old pics that I can offer a product list that will attract new customers.

Honestly, making decent money off shooting models in general is pretty tough... even when they arent dancing around naked :lol:

So many 'photographers' shooting them for free and/or the ones with 'experience' thinking they should be the one getting paid.

Just be prepared to do a lot of free shoots before anyone even asks you what your rates are.

I see so many IG accounts of 'photographers' asking for bookings every 2-3 posts and their work isn't even all that good or they post like 2-3 different people.

You mention updating your portfolio... whats your current one look like? I'ld love to follow your work on social media as well!

Nikon 105mm f1.4 - Hands on at Photokina

Monster of a portrait lens

Makes me want to go buy canon's 135 f/2

Honestly, making decent money off shooting models in general is pretty tough... even when they arent dancing around naked
laugh.gif

So many 'photographers' shooting them for free and/or the ones with 'experience' thinking they should be the one getting paid.

Just be prepared to do a lot of free shoots before anyone even asks you what your rates are.

I see so many IG accounts of 'photographers' asking for bookings every 2-3 posts and their work isn't even all that good or they post like 2-3 different people.

You mention updating your portfolio... whats your current one look like? I'ld love to follow your work on social media as well!
I've already planned to not only work for free but also pay when necessary. I have accepted the mantra "Takes money to make money" and I understand that every dollar I toss up is an investment. I don't honestly expect to make anything respectable for a few years. I just want to get to a point where I'm respected and able to be somebody's metric when it comes to solid photography.

My current portfolio is probably 60-70% spoken word photography and the rest a mix of landscapes, family photos, and randoms. A lot of what I have doesn't measure up anymore since I've learned so much and through a few cases of bad luck and bullcrap I haven't been able to get out and take new shots with said new knowledge. I'm on IG ( @evrythngfrgn ) but I recently started deleting some pics preparing for the new start so some of my better shots may no longer be there

Honestly, making decent money off shooting models in general is pretty tough... even when they arent dancing around naked :lol:

I've already planned to not only work for free but also pay when necessary. I have accepted the mantra "Takes money to make money" and I understand that every dollar I toss up is an investment. I don't honestly expect to make anything respectable for a few years. I just want to get to a point where I'm respected and able to be somebody's metric when it comes to solid photography.

My current portfolio is probably 60-70% spoken word photography and the rest a mix of landscapes, family photos, and randoms. A lot of what I have doesn't measure up anymore since I've learned so much and through a few cases of bad luck and bullcrap I haven't been able to get out and take new shots with said new knowledge. I'm on IG ( @evrythngfrgn ) but I recently started deleting some pics preparing for the new start so some of my better shots may no longer be there

dope man. imma hit u w/ a follow now :pimp:

Another from Toronto

Original

On another note what is the equivalent of a canon 70-200 f/2.8 if there is an equivalent lol. Don't have $1800 right now

Last edited:
Anyone know of some good fashion photography blogs? Trying to put together a lookbook, seeking inspiration of not just good fits but good photography.

Side note, really happy with this recent senior photo shoot

I'm going to look into what others with a 6D and that sigma have to say about it.

Sigma 70-200 is way too expensive and you'll be dissatisfied

The tamron 70-200 VC is way better than the sigma. i was considering getting the tamon version before opting to just wait another month

I'm going to look into what others with a 6D and that sigma have to say about it.

Sigma 70-200 is way too expensive and you'll be dissatisfied

The tamron 70-200 VC is way better than the sigma. i was considering getting the tamon version before opting to just wait another month

tamron one is 1499 new :nerd:

yeah

Amazon product ASIN B00A34GP52
I opted to go for the canon version.

However, when i shot nikon, i had the tamron 70-200 and used it on my nikon to save for my canon kit.

its an awesome lens.

The sigma 70-200 is POOP

so i upgraded my camera for video since i want to do more stuff on youtube. i finally did my first shoot on sunday. im still new to video and editing, but i know some things lol.

Been thinking about getting back into photography lately, but with the convenience of my phone always being on me I feel like it takes away from me bringing out my camera.

I want a point and shoot just so I can keep it in my pocket and shoot on the go. Any of you have any experience with one, or shoot with one?

Thanks.

Been thinking about getting back into photography lately, but with the convenience of my phone always being on me I feel like it takes away from me bringing out my camera.

I want a point and shoot just so I can keep it in my pocket and shoot on the go. Any of you have any experience with one, or shoot with one?

Thanks.

Depends what you shoot but the Sony RX100 line is always recommended with the mark III and IV having a pop up EVF and the IV with 4K video. Another compact alternative is copping a Ricoh GR which houses an APS-C sensor and 28mm lens.

The Sigma 70-200 is fine. I have it in my bag along with Nikon glass. It may not be the best like the Tamron, but neither are the Nikon and Canon ones. If money is an issue, just grab whatever fits with your budget and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom