The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if the news of sarver broker sooner, would they have even kept cp0
i have a feeling he might get ousted
team about to flip their shirt inside-out and dump their warmups on center court :emoji_fist:

Clippers gotta adopt these full-time.

When we got a first glimpse of these I said I’d hope they’d incorporate the old SD Clippers logo, but looks like they went with an old Buffalo Braves logo instead. Still better than any LA Clippers logos, if I’m being honest.

252332642_5242069605821521_3226204007461867978_n.jpg

No

6÷2(1+2) -> 6÷2(3) -> 6÷6 -> 1

:emoji_joy:

Who taught you math? Someone from the early 1900's? I read somewhere they prioritized division almost 100 years ago, but recent mathematicians have concluded this is not the correct way...anymore.

We need to ask Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio . I think he works in finance?

Sorry, I was away on vacation last week, and was completely off the grid until this morning. Went to North Island in Seychelles and Ol Jogi in Kenya. HIGHLY recommend you all to check it out someday. Places like those really helps you forget about the BS in the world.

Anyway, this is pretty simple, and not sure why there's much debate about this. I was always taught to use order of operations aka PEMDAS: Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division (from left to right), Addition and Subtraction (from left to right).

6/2(1+2)
= 6/2(3)

Since division and multiplication share the same precedence, you're free to go left to right. So the following would be:

6/2= 3
= 3(3)

= 9

:emoji_joy:

Who taught you math? Someone from the early 1900's? I read somewhere they prioritized division almost 100 years ago, but recent mathematicians have concluded this is not the correct way.

Sorry, I was away on vacation last week, and was completely off the grid until this morning. Went to North Island in Seychelles and Ol Jogi in Kenya. HIGHLY recommend you all to check it out someday. Places like those really helps you forget about the BS in the world.

Anyway, this is pretty simple, and not sure why there's much debate about this. I was always taught to use order of operations aka PEMDAS: Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division (from left to right), Addition and Subtraction (from left to right).

6/2(1+2)
= 6/2(3)

Since division and multiplication share the same precedence, you're free to go left to right. So the following would be:

6/2= 3
= 3(3)

= 9
It’s the way that it’s presented. In all seriousness, both answers are correct but it depends on the representation

6/2(1+2) is the same as (6/2) x (1+2)

Unless that 6/2 is clearly stated as being it’s own fraction, I read it as 6/(2(1+2)). That’s just the way I look at it after dealing with math and programming for ages

So Morpheus felt like he had to give up his life to save Neo… so Kyrie needs to give up this season to save KD and James?

All that's left is for Kyrie to drop a photo of Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom