The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Duncan has appeared in at least the Top 15 of every greatest player list I’ve seen come out since he retired. Do the people who feel he’s “disrespected” just want him discussed/mentioned on social media more? Because his greatness is readily acknowledged by the majority of people.
People REGULARLY put Kobe over him in their PERSONAL top 10

So either Kobe is overrated or Duncan is underrated

Last edited:
McGill yah it's considered a little better, especially the law school/medical school,
but I promise you unless you're in one of those fields as Canadian you don't know or care.

saying you went to McGill means nothing to 95% of the population.

Carleton? I was there, I certainly did not feel like I was going some place particularly fancy. :lol:
and if i mentioned it to my co-workers I would be met with blank stares

I believe it's got the best journalism school in the country??
but that's a dying industry and I promise you no one knows that except journalism students.

i only know that because I was considering it but then I realized you need to be able to spell and not make typos to be a journalist. :lol:
I went to Carleton :nerd:

Lmao im here for it, he can be fan of whoever he wants, i only got 1 sports rule for him, he gotta be a Browns fan, if i went thru that pain, he gotta share
It too

A child coming up in the Guy below’s era. You bout to be sick! :lol: Lj8 Apparel

A46EB1F6-63D3-4EC9-9AC9-C5EE23A26A60.gif

Believe it or not Carleton is considered an elite Canadian Basketball school.

We used to host Rick Patino and Louisville against our team and the Raptors held training camp on our campus

see yah this is the dif I don't know where literally any of my coworkers went to school. in any of my jobs.
we were hiring recently, we didn't for one second stop and say what school did they go to?

I work in a creative field so its more portfolio based, but even when we were looking for like a project manager,
no one said "oh wow they went to xyz school"

and waterloo is known for math and engineering, the "prestige" doesn't really extend beyond that.
like if you were in a room full of people and you send you went to Waterloo,

unless its a room full of computer science engineers nobody will care.
Must be nice. Wait until you find out that in certain pockets of America they look down on going to public school.

There is something weird about the Ty Terry news. He was away from the Mavs a lot last season and is away from the team again now before being waived.
Yea he wasn’t good but he probly only spent bout 3 months total around the team in his time there, with no news or explanation about it

That draft “expert” that had yo in the top 10 tho :lol: :smh:

Tim Duncan has appeared in at least the Top 15 of every greatest player list I’ve seen come out since he retired. Do the people who feel he’s “disrespected” just want him discussed/mentioned on social media more? Because his greatness is readily acknowledged by the majority of people.

Charles Barkley was the first one to start this many years ago, and ever since people have just parroted the take as a way to prove they have some deep understanding of the game.

I figured. I think you know more about Nortwestern than you’re letting on :lol:

i mean I know they have a basketball program. :lol:

the real reason I think it's fancy is because ive heard famous people brag about going there Like Chris Hayes or Mike Wilbon. :lol:

you don't hear I dunno, Malcolm Gladwell, mention what school in canada he went to often.
I don't even know off hand. :lol:

Speaking of Tim Duncan The 90’s really had a lot of HOF level talent at center
Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing young shaq and sabonis
2000’s had PF KG , Dirk , Duncan ( him being a pf is debatable tho) to lesser extents Webber and Bosh
2010’s are about the combo forwards LeBron, Durant, Kawhi , Melo

Speaking of Tim Duncan The 90’s really had a lot of HOF level talent at center
Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing young shaq and sabonis
2000’s had PF KG , Dirk , Duncan ( him being a pf is debatable tho) to lesser extents Webber and Bosh
2010’s are about the combo forwards LeBron, Durant, Kawhi , Melo
yah and that transition from 2000's to 2010's made all the biggest busts were power forwards.

the pure power forward is a dead position seems like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom