The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

Check out Patient. I tried to go wit somethin more simple since my melodies�usually aren't too on point. The rest of the beat ain't that simplethough...

bT*xJmx*PTEyMDk3NzMwNTI*NTMmcHQ9MTIwOTc3MzA1NDk1MyZwPTE1ODM2MSZkPSZuPSZnPTE=.jpg

TW3EK: Nowhere 2 Go- That voice got annoying in some parts of the song, I would only use it for the hook. The organs seemed like they fit, butweren't used right, or were used too much. Otherwise that's nice, sound like some Plies street testimonial song type #!#%.
Runnin The Streets- #!#% went very hard. Switch the snares though (they were kinda weak), and maybe a kick that hits harder....
You Make The Sunshine- Only thing I didn't like was the snare used. However... heat rocks.

IYE2: Life- It seems like too much was going on, but once you get used to it,
pimp.gif
Nice #!#% man. Sounds epic.

Plan: Nightcap-
eek.gif
I listened to that and didn't need to knowif anything else on your page was good.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Mayor: Seems like the samples were overused on all your beats. Your drum patterns are odd, but they work for your beats. I'll be back with more after theCavs game.

CROSSISOM

"Patient"

The drums on this track is insane! The hihats add a nice layer. Not feeling the sounds though. You might want to go back to the lab just with the bass line anddo over the instrumentals and synths. That bass line is great!

"Witness"

Your great on the drums but the rhythm and sounds aren't insync on this track. The drums on this track is once again perfect! You just need to get somemore instrumentals/plug ins and experiment with other sounds because these sounds are dull. The drums are amazing though.

Plan

"Nightcap"

Good sample but not feeling the drums. And that little violin gets annoying after a while. You do have your own style though.

EQ

"Flame On"

Solid sample (but you might need to recut the sample to make it cleaner cut) You also could add a bass guitar or something to give it a pro sound because itsounds empty. You might want to put in some hi hats that double up (That Dipset/Jermaine Dupri style) because it would add to the sample and make it soundcomplete (if you don't have the right hats I could send them to you). And also use another sample so you can switch it up (if you had a bass guitar or usedthe low end theory on the sample to create bass you could have sequence with just that and the drums) or add something on the part where it's supposed tobe the hook. But you have the basics down pact.

I added like 20 tracks but please give me some feedback on

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=829832

"Good To You"

"We Could Be Lovers"

The King Of Va the swing on your beats makes it sound like a live drummer is playing...YOu perfectly use the vocal part of the sample and incorporate it intothe beat so it gives it luster and value... something that i'm still trying to figure out myself...How Long U been making beats? My Favorite one was TheEnding.

Your sample game is on point................ but i also listened to your composed joints ...like :"all in" for instance it sounds too underdevelopedand kiddie and the sounds don't really mesh together. Terror is better but i wouldn't say it is industry ready..

You got a new fan.

Thanks EQ for the feedback and support.I'm really a MC but I had a run in with Danja Mouf from Timbaland and Missy crew a while back and he convinced me topursue producing (since VA is known for great producers not artists). So I've been making beats since like 03 on and off.

I learned a few tricks about sampling that I'm willing to share with you if you want to know them. (i'll send you a pm and teach you about doubling upand the low end theory)

I'm not a good composing producer yet but I'm trying to improve on my weak spot so I can eventually pursue R & B production.

Equaztion... "Flame On" is real nice. Piano and guitar chops are dope. It does kinda have that Dip Set feel, especially if you addedthe hi-hats King is talkin' about. Dope, nonetheless, though. I always love your sample choices.

KingofVA... I like your sampled stuff a lot more. Suicidal Thoughts is real nice. Good To You kinda sounds bare, but We Could Be Lovers isreal soulful, right off the bat. Likin' all of these. Good work, my dude.

Diabolikal1... Music From The Moon kinda sounds off-key. Drums are real low, too. Same with One Track Mind... Work on the leveling, and maybespeed these things up. The tempo seems slow on all of em.

Marvel Man... Now this is hot... :pimp: Real professional sound on the instrumental. Mixing and mastering overallis nice, too. But... not really a fan of the dude's style over a beat like this. Hook is on point, though. Does dude sing and rap?

OK... So I decided to go back and experiment with some remixing. Haven't done it in a few months.

Remixed Weezy's "Lollipop"...

Lil' Wayne Feat. Static Major - Lollipop (Nemesis Remix)

Equa, Flame On is dope...gotta love prog.

TheKingofVA....I like Good To You...i think if you made the strings a bit louder after every 2 bars it would sound a lot better IMO.

"We Could be Lovers" sounds nice, I don't know if its missing something or not, but its fine as i (sounds like some older Madlib with the horns)

Marvel Man...."Heat" is def one of your better joints...sounds clean and on point.

PUSHA...you make "Lollipop" more tolerable by like 10% :lol:. You def are one of the more under-rated cats on here, you are always on point with themeolodies.

BIG JUICE....."French Scuffle" is a nice track, but the intro you made for it got me ready for something more hyped. I still like it though.

I like the effects you did on That's Life (with the hats/cymbals). Not feeling I'm That Man AS much just b/c it sounds unfinished.....it has A LOT ofpotential with some added stuff on it.

PLAN...I heard that joint the other day 9Night Cap)....not TOO crazy about the drums, but I like the fact that your tryin' new things out (esp. new tempos):lol:. I'm sure if someone spit over that it would be crack.

IYE2...."Life" is crazy, that's all I have to say.

Here are just some random tracks I felt like sharing (I've been going crazy with the amt of tracks latelyfor the tape...some will be used and some won't).

a) Never Dreamed (will be used by someone on NT, won't name names)
b) Off the Map (snippet, r and b joint)
c) What You Gunna Do (Final Version, will be on the tape)
d) Soda POP! (instrumental snippet/interlude)
e) P.O.C. (NT Beat Battle 05-05-08)
f) Shinin' Part 1

*the tracks w/ acapellas are NOT remixes. I appreciate any feedback even though I posted several at once, just haven't shared anythin' since theAmerican Blackout tape.

EQUAZTION - "flame on" is SICK. I could see lupe ripping that up. Also, I REALLY like clap those thangs. I think it would sound better with aslightly faster tempo.

KING OF VA - Out of the two , i liked we could be lovers better. Your sampling is on point.

DIABOLIKAL1 - Music from the Moon didn't really do it for me. the melody doesn't really match. My favorite though was puff puff pass. You use a lotof unique and interesting sounds.

MARVEL MAN X - HEATWAVE is pretty dope. The mixing is really good in my opinion. Hook is on point.

PUSHA - I really like this lolipop remix. It's a lot more laid back and chill than the OG. Pianos in the verses are a nice touch.

MEZ 0NE - All your beats are good. I like "what you gonna do" the most.

TWO NEW BEATS: Gimme THAT, and LOVE HATE; and check out the others too : www.myspace.com/enzywenzy

^ For Gimme That I don't thik there is enough wetness for me on the synths but its a hot beat though overall. Love Hate has a kanye style which i'mfeelin this is sslightly better than the other beat...Your mixing doesn't is below average though it sounds hazy which is the only thing taking away fromthe track really because you did a good job on these some of your better beats i've heard from u.

Mez that rnb joint is heat

Marvel that track should b on the the radio thats definitely your top 3 tracks you've ever done if thats your beat..

Pusha my lil nephew just put that on the ipod.

Equaztion - I like Love Hate. It sounds like something that 'Ye produced around the College Dropout era. I would improve the eq on the synths of the firstjoint to make them sonically better. The drums are on point on that joint though.

Pusha - The background synths are good on "Lollipop" but I would change the flute-like synth that you have for the chorus or at least flip the melodyfor it. I also would suggest adding a melody with the piano (treble clef) to compliment the chords that are played with it to add some flavor to the beat. Thedrums (808 kit) are on point as always.

Mez - On the R&B joint, I would suggest using that plucking sound less throughout the beat because it becomes a bit annoying after a while. You take it offfrom the 7-8 count of the beat, but I would just use it less frequently. Otherwise that, along with What You Gonna Do sound official.

TheKingofVA - I would suggest working on the song structure for "Terror". Some of the sounds just seem outta place on that one (Like the voice sampleat the beginning of the 2nd verse). The "Good To You" snippet is real chill and has a good vibe. "We Could Be Lovers" is ridiculous. Icould picture Scarface and Freeway on this joint. LOL!

Haven't been here in a minute because I'm pressed for time with finals coming up so when I get a chance I'll add some more reviews on here.
New R&B-Style Beat Up:
Ride WithMe

offlineiceman21542

"Ride With Me"

Sounds like more of a Rap track (one of the tracks that a rapper reflects on their life) than a R & B joint. It's a solid sample, and solid bass line.Not really feeling the switch up part with the piano but overall a solid beat.

Mez 0ne

"Off The Map"

Solid smooth riding beat. Not feeling the hi hats, maybe use a shaker or 808 hi hats. It seems more like a Do or Die or Twista beat than a R & B joint.Good sounds.

ENZ0 FERRARI

"Gimmie That"

Not feeling the instrument sounds at all. Nice club type bass line. You just need new instruments because you clearly know how to craft a good bass line/drums.

"Love Hate"

The sample seems a little dull. Drums not good. Might need to add a bass guitar or something to give it a true bass line. The voice sample gets annoying.

Mez it sounds like you went back to straight sampling and drums..no synth, strings, what have you. (Atleast on What You Gunna Do) thats was the only one a got to play. It's really similar to my own style. I like it.

^ Nah dude, I have a couple of synth based joints on there (trying out diff styles), especially that Pocahontas/Disney Beat Battle from a few days ago.

It SHOULD be working though (works for me). If not I'll repost em.

EQUA....i like both joints equally! You should really incorporate som e added sounds/instruments to em', they feel naked to me (NH) for some reason.

Outcontrol....you produced those 2 joints? They both sound real clean, esp the Lloyd track, really nice job.

enzo--
both of these are good ideas, but you need to develop them further. i think new drums/instruments would do the trick. look around on the internet, you canbuy/download some pretty good sounds if you know where to look. by the way, what are u using to produce?

outacontrol-
both of these are tight. the chord progression on the first beat is a little weird-- im not sure if it starts correctly. i could go more in depth but i thinkyou can figure out what im talking about. the second beat is really butter. wish I had more of an ear for RnB.....

more crits coming when i get a sec...

as for me....
LOTS of new joints. feel free to listen to any of the ones on the top, "The Distance," "Movin Out," "French Shuffle," and"That's Life"
http://www.soundclick.com/thejuicesamplebeats
feel free to crit any or all of them. Thanks

Mez: Soda Pop is so smooth...
Outtacontrol: The Lloyd remix is proper... radio ready right there.

I'll try to get my $+$ back in here to review more.

Back
Top Bottom