The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Lil dude is just in here talking crap cus Lebron wiped the floor with his warriors

Yea that makes perfect sense, you nailed it since adias has everytbi g to do with the warriors and cavs lol .. how old are you? As I stated earlier, I own Brons,kobes,KDs, Boost, Micro G etc etc...the boost lineup is far from half decent as is the kobe and KD sig...Bron is the only shoe right now that isnt even close to decent.

If boost or bounce or charged were a Nike product you would be all in praising it.....and yet you call other ppl sheep,look in the mirror.

Response of a child, well I dont need to assume you are young and naive anymore. Dont worry we were all there , you will grow out of it

Yea that makes perfect sense, you nailed it since adias has everytbi g to do with the warriors and cavs lol .. how old are you? As I stated earlier, I own Brons,kobes,KDs, Boost, Micro G etc etc...the boost lineup is far from half decent as is the kobe and KD sig...Bron is the only shoe right now that isnt even close to decent.

If boost or bounce or charged were a Nike product you would be all in praising it.....and yet you call other ppl sheep,look in the mirror.
Not necessarily praising it. Not all people are fans of the whole midsole being consisting of one material and nothing else. On the other hand, Lebrons have a slightly different approach with you getting bouce from the zoom. That is aa major key. Lebrons last two shoes have been giving decent cushioning and bounce, while still allowing a lot of court feel. The best of both.

Not necessarily praising it. Not all people are fans of the whole midsole being consisting of one material and nothing else. On the other hand, Lebrons have a slightly different approach with you getting bouce from the zoom. That is aa major key. Lebrons last two shoes have been giving decent cushioning and bounce, while still allowing a lot of court feel. The best of both.

I just dont feel the last 2 brons even had decent cushioning, now add to the fact that they are a very large bulky shoe then factor in the price point. Other brands offered the same or better cushioning with court feel for a far better price. You can say " oh but wait for the discount etc etc" well with that argument the other brands will have their products at a discount as well. I am just not the sheep that will hop on the nike train of " decent " shoes for a premium price just because it has a swoosh on it.

As i said earlier, I have previous Lebrons and more recently a few pairs of kobe xi and KD9's so I am not a nike hater, I am just not gonna buy into the nike kool aid like others do. To many good shoes out to be a blind brand loyalist like a couple in this thread.

Couple of thoughts for you guys as a former Nike employee and having read tech sheets and tech presentations.

The foam based cushioning - basically anything ending with Lon is extremely low tech. Nike used to run Phylon, Cushlon and some other variants on their entry level products for years. Nike Air (regular Air, Zoom, Max) products were mid to upper level and there were pushes to make Zoom & Max trendy during the '00s (after their initial 90s launch) and they had their shine but they never really caught on. Another issue is that Nike removed SF6 (harmful to the ozone) from their Air products and switched to Nitrogen which effectively altered how the Air products felt. Zoom having microfibers embedded in the air unit wasn't impacted as much as regular Air and Air Max but Zoom Air units tend to cost more to produce hence Nike using it infrequently in their line up.

Nike got extremely lucky that their remarketed (low tech) Lunarlon launched right around the time that the sneakerhead movement started trending else it would've been relegated to entry level status as it traditionally used to be. Adidas Boost is the former's incarnation of Lon tech but they apparently have nailed initial feel and wear based on comments and feedback from wearers.

From the profitability standpoint foam/Lon based shoes cost less to produce and don't have the longevity of Air based cushioning as it wears considerably faster. You can in theory have a mint looking foam/Lon shoe that has the cushioning completely compacted/bottomed out. Adidas Boost suffers from the same issue of bottoming out with repeated wear. Having a shoe that wears faster means potentially more sales so there's incentive for both Nike & Adidas to make 'disposable' shoes.

I do agree that foam/Lon tech ain't for everybody and as someone whose seen Lon tech in entry level stuff it's comical to see Nike getting away with running it on their premier/flagship product. Maybe Nike ought to go back to Air for the Lebron line.

Last edited:
Couple of thoughts for you guys as a former Nike employee and having read tech sheets and tech presentations.

The foam based cushioning - basically anything ending with Lon is extremely low tech. Nike used to run Phylon, Cushlon and some other variants on their entry level products for years. Nike Air (regular Air, Zoom, Max) products were mid to upper level and there were pushes to make Zoom & Max trendy during the '00s (after their initial 90s launch) and they had their shine but they never really caught on. Another issue is that Nike removed SF6 (harmful to the ozone) from their Air products and switched to Nitrogen which effectively altered how the Air products felt. Zoom having microfibers embedded in the air unit wasn't impacted as much as regular Air and Air Max but Zoom Air units tend to cost more to produce hence Nike using it infrequently in their line up.

Nike got extremely lucky that their remarketed (low tech) Lunarlon launched right around the time that the sneakerhead movement started trending else it would've been relegated to entry level status as it traditionally used to be. Adidas Boost is the former's incarnation of Lon tech but they apparently have nailed initial feel and wear based on comments and feedback from wearers.

From the profitability standpoint foam/Lon based shoes cost less to produce and don't have the longevity of Air based cushioning as it wears considerably faster. You can in theory have a mint looking foam/Lon shoe that has the cushioning completely compacted/bottomed out. Adidas Boost suffers from the same issue of bottoming out with repeated wear.

I do agree that foam/Lon tech ain't for everybody and as someone whose seen Lon tech in entry level stuff it's comical to see Nike getting away with running it on their premier/flagship product. Maybe Nike ought to go back to Air for the Lebron line.
We haven't seen any cool new tech in ages...

They try, but the general public is only gobbling retro crap these days so it's not cost effective to come up with something entirely new. Cheaper to respin/remarket existing tech and gamble on the general public consuming it.

Thanks for sharing that info @vood99    
nthat.gif

From the profitability standpoint foam/Lon based shoes cost less to produce and don't have the longevity of Air based cushioning as it wears considerably faster. You can in theory have a mint looking foam/Lon shoe that has the cushioning completely compacted/bottomed out. Adidas Boost suffers from the same issue of bottoming out with repeated wear. Having a shoe that wears faster means potentially more sales so there's incentive for both Nike & Adidas to make 'disposable' shoes.

Very interesting info! What department of Nike did you work for?

Very interesting info! What department of Nike did you work for?

Worked sales at a regular store for almost a decade while I studied and started off my career. Probably stayed a a few years too long but I had great coworkers and I genuinely liked the brand and Nike/JB products (then). I quite literally saw the shift from the leather to plastic, multi-layered designs to seamless, one piece uppers and Air tech to the foam based stuff.

I'm a few years removed from my Nike days but you just can't completely forget some things.

Talking about one-piece uppers, not all of them are bad. I wear the Lebron 12 Low SVSM casually, absolutely no balling in them, and its a very nice plush fit, also the solid rubber on the heel part of the outsole holds out quite well

Great post. I too remember Nike before they became the republican party of sneakers. They used to be loose, hip and edgy. All of a sudden they became the most fake, self righteous sneaker company that the business had ever seen. I personally did not get it, could not understand the loyalty that nike has come to garner, while producing sub par product. For the past few years, nike had become increasingly insulting. I look at the pricing, then wonder what in the hell are you paying for?! Over the past few years with both of my daughters finishing up college, I began to rock stuff both on and off court that did not insult my intellect, and wallet. I have found some gems that get good questions and value during usage, other brands that do cool collab's, and serious gear that Nike used to master. Interesting to see that Nike is no longer that company in regard to consistency. Funny thing tho', some of their workout gear has improved even though I prefer Lululemon for certain workout pieces.

Last edited:
It's amazing how we went from one of the best signature shoe lineups of all time (Kobe 8, Lebron X, and KD 6 - yeah they were cheap plastic but they looked good and sold very well) to one of the laziest of all time (Lebron 13's terrible design, Kobe XI recycling every classic Kobe colorway, and KD 8 which looked like air maxes.) in the span of a couple years. All I know is I've reached the breaking point with Nike's basketball department. KD 9's are just D-Lillard 2's on steroids. I really hope at least the new Lebron 14's, Kobe 12's and Kyrie 3's look good and have an original design. I think at this point Nike knows they need to knock these out of the park.

Last edited:
Man, Nike and adidas both going the cheap route now a days ... Not surprised!
I think the big difference is that Adidas did not lie about remastering their retro product, because they have always had good quality there. Performance wise, nike may have had the more popular shoe, but that did not make them better.

I know this is the Lebron 14 topic, but there seemed to be a lot of experts about the older models.

Do any of you guys think a Lebron 10 is a good option for a lot of everyday wear?

I'm talking about traction durability, and about how to style the shoe.

p.s. i want to get the dunkman or prism colorway

AHHH the ES days! :tongue:

I know this is the Lebron 14 topic, but there seemed to be a lot of experts about the older models.
Do any of you guys think a Lebron 10 is a good option for a lot of everyday wear?
I'm talking about traction durability, and about how to style the shoe.
p.s. i want to get the dunkman or prism colorway

Def get the prism. Pretty durable and won't show much wear.

Back
Top Bottom