The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

From what i hear Lebron didn't like the 14s so they haven't even gone in production hence the January release [emoji]128514[/emoji] No surprise there! Glory days are over and all of Nike basketball is wack besides Kobe and Kyrie...Hyper sux core sux but good thing Adidas basketball sux and UA SC everything sux too so may the best man win the best of the worst as it relates to consumer spending!

From what i hear Lebron didn't like the 14s so they haven't even gone in production hence the January release [emoji]128514[/emoji] No surprise there! Glory days are over and all of Nike basketball is wack besides Kobe and Kyrie...Hyper sux core sux but good thing Adidas basketball sux and UA SC everything sux too so may the best man win the best of the worst as it relates to consumer spending!
Footwear market going casual.

People just don't wear kobes/brons/kd's casually like they did 5 years ago.

Kicksonfire.com says the Lebron 14 is releasing in January possibly earlier. In my opinion that sounds pretty legitimate.

Adidad is killin it, not sure where you have been. Both with boost and the cheaper bouce lineup you cant go wrong. I would out the kobe xi and KD9 in the convo with the boost CE and CLB16 but bron sigs are not even in the ball park. Not even close to on par with top models from Nike or Adidas.

All it takes is for the swoosh to come out with something half *** decent, reasonably priced and it's a wrap! or did yall forget y'all sheep ?

Can't wait to see what the 14s look like. My boy and I got a bet going. I bet they going to be some cheeks.

Lebron 10 was last good lebron out. Zoom in the Max bag with a backwards swoosh, themes and corresponding accessories (lace locks) but most of all, wearability and flow of the silhouette. This is something the 12 and 13 definitely didn't have. Some go to war for the lebron XI too but I don't. Cheeks. Look like when my lil cuz go ham on the shoe builder feature on 2k with all the materials done in metal everything including the upper :lol:

Last edited:
All it takes is for the swoosh to come out with something half *** decent, reasonably priced and it's a wrap! or did yall forget y'all sheep ?
$175 is relatively good for a sig, so we got that part covered.

Now let's hope the aesthetics will be worth the longer wait.

Azg < Jordan 1
Lebron 2 < Jordan 2
LeBron 3 < Jordan 3
LeBron 4 < Jordan 4
Lebron 5 < Jordan 5
Lebron 6 < Jordan 6
LeBron 7 > Jordan 7
LeBron 8 > Jordan 8
LeBron 9 > Jordan 9
LeBron 10 > Jordan 10
LeBron 11 < Jordan 11
LeBron 12 < Jordan 12
Lebron 13 < Jordan 13

IMO of course

You say that like nike hasnt been making half *** decent shoes for some time now. I dont just blindly follow the swoosh like apparently most do.

Other companies are making great products and you reply is " wait until the swoosh comes out with something half way decent" and you call other ppl sheep? Lol....don't look in the mirror much I take it

I don't know how well Adidas is doing though, haven't owned a pair of prestos in years but they seem to be what inspired boost

Don't be a hypocrite Mr." Adidas is killing it ".

I am far from a hypocrite because I buy top products from all brands not waiting for a half decent model just because it has a swoosh on it like it seems you do. That was the most sheep comment I have read yet.

I don't know how well Adidas is doing though, haven't owned a pair of prestos in years but they seem to be what inspired boost

I see the general public wearing Adidas casually more so than a few years ago. Still way more Jordan retro or Jordan anything on the feet though so Nike still eating, but Nike basketball needs to rethink their overall strategy.

Another angle is that Jordan popularity is eating into Nike basketball's popularity. Most of us here have more shoes than 99% of the general public. However for them, if owning a Jordan retro or Jordan anything is sexy/trendy then Nike basketball IS going to suffer as they aren't 'collectors'. It's just basic cause and effect.

Just a suggestion to Nike if you're reading this - start giving out INLINE Nike product in your care packages, promos, stylist giveaways, etc... Jordan and Nike retro do NOT need any promotion.

Consumers also ain't feeling the GR, Elite, LS crap anymore where the first 2 are somewhat unwearable casually while the last is so differentiated from the first 2 that it's pointless even buying it.

Last edited:
I see the general public wearing Adidas casually more so than a few years ago. Still way more Jordan retro or Jordan anything on the feet though so Nike still eating, but Nike basketball needs to rethink their overall strategy.

Another angle is that Jordan popularity is eating into Nike basketball's popularity. Most of us here have more shoes than 99% of the general public. However for them, if owning a Jordan retro or Jordan anything is sexy/trendy then Nike basketball IS going to suffer as they aren't 'collectors'. It's just basic cause and effect.

Just a suggestion to Nike if you're reading this - start giving out INLINE Nike product in your care packages, promos, stylist giveaways, etc... Jordan and Nike retro do NOT need any promotion.

Consumers also ain't feeling the GR, Elite, LS crap anymore where the first 2 are somewhat unwearable casually while the last is so differentiated from the first 2 that it's pointless even buying it.
Lately I've been seeing way more people wear Adidas casually than Nike. Specifically NMD's and Ultra Boosts. Nike did hit a home run a couple years ago with the Roshe Run but they came out with so many different versions that they killed that shoe. The reason you don't see people wearing basketball shoes casually anymore is because it was just a phase. I bet that a very good amount of people that were wearing Lebrons, Kobes, KDs, etc. during that boom period were wearing them because it was the cool thing to do and/or didn't even watch basketball. As far as the Elites, I agree that Nike needs to drop that gimmick completely. It was cool the first time, not so much the next year and the next... 

Lately I've been seeing way more people wear Adidas casually than Nike. Specifically NMD's and Ultra Boosts. Nike did hit a home run a couple years ago with the Roshe Run but they came out with so many different versions that they killed that shoe. The reason you don't see people wearing basketball shoes casually anymore is because it was just a phase. I bet that a very good amount of people that were wearing Lebrons, Kobes, KDs, etc. during that boom period were wearing them because it was the cool thing to do and/or didn't even watch basketball. As far as the Elites, I agree that Nike needs to drop that gimmick completely. It was cool the first time, not so much the next year and the next... 
I'd like also point out the fact that hype for basketball sneakers is very low in most countries compared to the US. Simply because we do not have an NBA of our own.

For the same reason Jordans are not very popular. But the Adidas shoes appeal to this "new" sock like shoe vibe muc better than anything else + Boost.

I would say that the reason for this is that basketball shoes are not the tech and style leader anymore, which i think is a shame...

But i can't agree about the elites,  think it shows a new side to a sneaker that otherwise would be slowly dying down..

I don't know maybe it's a Baltimore thing, but I still don't see Adidas like I see Nike, hell I don't even see new balance like I used to

it's not Nikes fault that people didn't appreciate the presto, Nike made the boost before people wanted it, that's the publics fault

I am far from a hypocrite because I buy top products from all brands not waiting for a half decent model just because it has a swoosh on it like it seems you do. That was the most sheep comment I have read yet.

My comment was right the boost is a half *** decent product and the sheep went crazy . Stay in ur line lil homie

Back
Top Bottom