The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Yeah some athletes would have a different set up like Kobe and Kyrie.
With that being said, it still is the same materials and current tech, just different combinations.
It won't be a drastic change from the current materials and technology (Lunar, Zoom, Air, etc)

It's just customized for the signature athlete which makes sense.

I think the actual player gets their own sig shoe custom fitted, anyone/everyone else is wearing retail. The only change would be custom insoles that's about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure they have the retail shoes, but each player has custom orthotics they replace the insoles with. Otherwise they would have tried to make the XI work...

Come to think of it, didn't they alter the toebox for lebron on the XI to be huge and it still didn't work out for him? Haha maybe I just contradicted myself but I am pretty sure the PEs are still the same as the retail pairs regarding tech and design. Correct me if I am wrong but I think a few sample/promo collecting heads on here confirmed this...

That reflection cant save those shoe carnival brons
laugh.gif

For top level Nike athletes, molds of the players foot are taken and his or her personal pairs are made from that mold.

Of course that process can be different for LeBron than it is for kd etc etc. And...zoom in the heel of a retail version can be exchanged for full length zoom and other changes. I have no idea what went wrong with the 11s

Regarding the lbj line taking a "back seat" to the kobe line...

That's nobody's fault but LeBron and his camp. Several Nike employees including tinker himself have stated that LeBrons lack of interest and personal ownership over the direction of his sig led to the products we see today. On the other hand, kobe had always been 100% engaged and involved with where his sig shoes went.

That's why it seems as though Nike put the LeBron line on the back burner for the kobe line.

That's why the LeBron line seems to have no lineage and jumps around tech wise...LeBron puts minimal input in.

Last edited:
Alright well due to the fact that Nike haven't shown us any Lebrons, ive gone a got myself a f88king pair of foamposites instead...

Bruh... to think Leo chang or whoever will sit there and and claim " we didnt include forefoot cushion because this shoe is about court feel and a reflection of kyrie himself"  ,  only to load every one of his pe's with zoom, is treachery. 

Bruh... to think Leo chang or whoever will sit there and and claim " we didnt include forefoot cushion because this shoe is about court feel and a reflection of kyrie himself"  ,  only to load every one of his pe's with zoom, is treachery. 
This is why I love the dissection of shoes that I have seen on other sites! You get to really see what are in these kicks, then what you are paying for. I would not believe any rumors about Kyrie's shoes having zoom air in them to be honest. The reason is that I am certain that he wears an orthotic insert inside his shoes, especially after his injuries, which would render anything in the sole of the shoe useless.

absolutely not.

what a pro athlete wears compared to what hits a retailer are two totally different things. It always has been and really always should be, can't compare a pro's needs to that of a weekend warrior like us.

Last edited:
absolutely not.

what a pro athlete wears compared to what hits a retailer are two totally different things. It always has been and really always should be, can't compare a pro's needs to that of a weekend warrior like us.
I see what you mean, but just design it like that in the first place. Does it really cost more to put more zoom in a shoe? What would be the problem?

Last edited:
This is why I love the dissection of shoes that I have seen on other sites! You get to really see what are in these kicks, then what you are paying for. I would not believe any rumors about Kyrie's shoes having zoom air in them to be honest. The reason is that I am certain that he wears an orthotic insert inside his shoes, especially after his injuries, which would render anything in the sole of the shoe useless.
The zoom bags are visible in in-game photos though

2 months and 35 pages later and not a single Bron pic anywhere. We've talked about everything in this thread Non Bron related. One week from Saturday is the big RD. This upcoming week should be interesting. We wanna know Nike.....where are the 14s??????

When does Nike unveil like official pics on their site or let them out of whatever in relation to release day? If it is the next Saturday (one week from this coming) then we should see official pics, not leaks, some time next week right?

2 months and 35 pages later and not a single Bron pic anywhere. We've talked about everything in this thread Non Bron related. One week from Saturday is the big RD. This upcoming week should be interesting. We wanna know Nike.....where are the 14s??????

I think lbj debuting the Soldiers in the finals kinda altered things. Its THE championship shoe and Nike wants to milk it.

Back
Top Bottom