The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Completely agree for the most part with all you said.

Nike straight bamboozling the general public.

Bring out retros that are marked up by 25% or more than their original price because of "inflation" and then put them on sale for 25% off so that you're still paying the OG price which is ALREADY marked up to begin with. :lol:

Leather is supposedly a premium material these days yet Nike pushed flyknit and synthetics as new and better tech. So wait, if flyknit and synthetics are supposed to be better, why is the "inferior" leather now considered a premium material? :lol:

I can't WAIT to see the price of retro LeBrons. :x :smh:

Alot of people forget that Nike is easily one of the top marketing companies on the world. Case in point, their 'Better World' marketing BS to hustle very profitable, cheaper to manufacture seamless Flyknit and synthetic shoes. Are petroleum and chemically derived products 'better' than their naturally derived leather counterparts? Of course not...

This sneaker needs better colours and a lower price point.

I like the shoe, I'm kinda worried about my ankles, but will see that when the shoe drops. 

My biggest concern is the durability of the shoe. 
I've been reading this thread since  the beginning. Everybody is talking about CWs and bad designs, but what about the durability?
I'm known for going through my shoes quickly due to the fact that I'm a quite heavy PF that really puts pressure on the shoes. 

During the course of the years, I went from having 1 shoe for a year (remember nike's warranty says 2 years, so a shoe should last theoretically 2 years) to 2-3 shoes per year. My team is not throwing shoes at me for free and I don't wear them casually so it's quite annoying to keep buying shoes over n over again especially because of many break-in periods etc.

Lebron-wise:

11: after 4 months i broke the shankplate in 1/2, shoe was done. 
12: after 3 months it ripped and then the shankplate cracked after 5 months
13: after 3-4 months the flywire on the laces broke and all of a sudden I didn't have any support
13 elites: 5 months in the shankplate started cracking, but once i made a pull-up jumper the backsole fully came off
Now because the 14s are late, I am wearing hyperdunk 2017s and the mesh on them are already breaking up....have had them for 3 months now. 

Thankfully all (not yet done with the hyperdunks) these were replaced by Nike. 

Coming back to the main thing:

View media item 2276910

Assuming that Lebron has played in these 2 (warm-up + game) times (maybe more??), what about the paint already fading away?
It looks like those are the points where the shoes are more likely to break up...
...and I don't want another shoe that lasts only about 3-4 months :)))) 

Seems like you are the problem.

Whoever did that Black/volt green dunkman PS props to you sir cuz that looks like fire :nthat:

a lot more meaning than them terrible kings pride bs

only thing those mean is that you have terrible taste.

lol at those skin cancer kds
sorry i'm from texas home of the longhorn, there is sentimental value which makes them look great to me, don't care about ya'll's opinion 
laugh.gif
 then again i don't care about y'all's opinion on them ugly KPs yall be coveting 
roll.gif

imagine the 14 with the kings pride colorway. 

where the photoshop gods at?
how bout we not put that cw on this shoe, we've already seen what an ugly cw looks like on the shoe with the debut 
mean.gif

roll.gif

I love that look but the vapor max look like something that will pop if you accidentally hit it against something lol still in for a pair though

I don't know if I'd trust Vapor max if I played as hard as Lebron... it just doesn't seem like a suitable Cushioning system for basketball. [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Last edited:
I love that look but the vapor max look like something that will pop if you accidentally hit it against something lol still in for a pair though
Yeah I don't know much about vapor max, I just really like the look, makes the shoe look more "complete" to me the way the outsole wraps around the air bags.  

Looks like Cavs are on TNT tomorrow against the Celtics, maybe we get a look at the first colorway dropping.  
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom