THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Having your own signature shoe > surfing Ebay, offer up, and Goat for gently used Kobe’s in a size 14 praying that the midsoles don’t detach during a game

I don't have any knowledge of the secondary market because I abstain from going that route to get my shoes. It's always retail or nothing for me.

But I know Kobe signatures have been getting gouged hard on the secondary market for a little over 2 years now. And I'm vaguely aware that some players have actually resorted to get Kobe signatures to wear in games. I never thought it would ever come down to that because NBA players traditionally have shoes provided to them by the shoe companies.

Im not trying to be that guy but Ima say it anyway. I could get knocked if this just an image you used.I’m sure young did wear Kobe’s but them in this pic aren’t 6s my guy. These the Kobe A.D. in his team colorway. Young not even old enough to have 6s made in his team colorway when they was making 6s for teams in 2011. He probably was like 10 or 11.

Those aren’t VIs, looks like those sorry ADs LOL

Thanks for clarifying that and correcting me.

I admit they looked like some Kobe VI in Sooners colors, but now I realize they're not based on y'all clarifying and there's raised material detail on the back of those shoes, which the VI never had.

I honestly lost track of the Kobe signature line after the XI. I stopped paying attention to anything released after that model because he left the game in 2016. But I vaguely knew about the AD and they looked like knockoffs or cheap to me.

The OG Kobe VI 'Avatar'... reserved for game-time and warm summer days 🏀🐍:emoji_sunny:

IMG_1837.jpg

Could someone please explain to me why my dad thinks it’s Kobe’s fault the helicopter crashed?? He thinks he was a super arrogant person and he pressured the pilot into flying into those conditions. He always makes jokes about the crash and such. He’s never liked Kobe for some reason and I hate it.

Please note, I absolutely love Kobe and his legacy, and I think he is the second best player EVER. I truly was heartbroken when I heard of his death, and it still makes me sad to this day.

Could someone please explain to me why my dad thinks it’s Kobe’s fault the helicopter crashed?? He thinks he was a super arrogant person and he pressured the pilot into flying into those conditions. He always makes jokes about the crash and such. He’s never liked Kobe for some reason and I hate it.

Please note, I absolutely love Kobe and his legacy, and I think he is the second best player EVER. I truly was heartbroken when I heard of his death, and it still makes me sad to this day.
My step dad once beat me and said Kobe ain't paying your bills. Cause I idolized Kobe growing up

That's a possibility.
Kobe could've pressured the pilot, but the pilot's a professional and could've easily refused.
Or the pilot could've thought he could easily navigate the weathers.
We'll never know since neither person is alive to explain what happened.

Well... given what was known and said. Kobe been using helicopters for yearsss. He took them from his abode to home games to avoid the LA traffic.

The events of that day were that they had a game and were running late and the weather conditions, visually, weren't that great.

With that said Kobe was prob how Kobe usually is. And he's not god... when it's your time.... it's your time.

Oh he makes jokes about the crash?

I hate to be the one to tell you but dad might be a large piece of

1647733225773.gif

A lot of people got opinions about Kobe and don’t like him for faults he made when he was young. Nobody perfect man. Your dad thinks it’s Kobe’s fault and he’s arrogant he clearly has a bias against kobe. My friend is sergeant in the army and the pilot failed kobe. He had the ultimate say so and he told them it was good to go to fly. All this is recorded from everything to their text the night before. That plane don’t leave John wayne if ara zoboyan don’t say it can. Kobe trusted that man with his life and he lost it because of that. The pilot is gone too but it was HIS fault. He wasn’t paying attention to his instruments. He told the atc (air traffic control) he was flying up but he was actually descending. Should have turned around when he saw the fog.No way that’s Kobe fault. I’ve been to the crash site and there is now way that pilot should have been that low. I am die hard kobe fan and his passing that sh*t hurt me like I lost a family member. I am honestly still shook. James_O James_O i don’t know you personally or your father but has he jokes about them passing or Kobe like that to me I would have probably wanted to ko him. Probably good you make your own opinion when you get older but I look at where you live the state above where I used to live (Nashville) and it’s not surprising some people in Kentucky think that way about a black man. Seeing that pissed me off and I respect your honesty but you should have probably kept that to yourself. No hard feelings tho just made your own opinions as you grow up. Do respect your parents too though.

Last edited:
The weather was AWFUL that morning. It was extremely foggy all over LA.
I agree that helicopter was also way too low. I passed by those hills today and you wouldn't expect for a helicopter to be flying that low unless its on the coast. The fog was really dense which could've thrown him off.

Everyone reacts to death differently. I'd try to ignore him and acknowledge your own feelings on it. There are plenty of adults in LA who are still mourning his death.

The pilot was actually climbing, got disoriented in the clouds and rolled into a descent which resulted in the crash.

He should have never been in them. None of us were there as to if Kobe pressured him into doing it or not. The pilot shouldn’t have done it regardless of whether there was external pressures or not. The company was not certified for instrument flying…. So that is another reason he should have never been in the clouds.

We never were on the helicopter in past instances, so who knows if this was something that was “common” practice to make things work by pushing the envelope.

Usually it isn’t one specific event that causes the crash, but many instances that lead up to a situation like that.

The situation all around sucks, and it was likely preventable from whoever’s perspective you look at it from.

James_O James_O

Was Kobe arrogant? Yeah, most professional athletes are.
Could he have "pressured" the pilot to fly that day? Sure, but we'll never know. And that responsibility falls on the pilot, no ifs ands or buts.

But making jokes about the crash? Nah that's not normal. Kobe was a public figure, so "jokes" are bound to happen (however distasteful they may be). But there were eight other victims, including three children. Tell your dad to read the autopsy reports from the crash, and see if he still finds any of it funny.

Ultimately it's just part of growing up, dude. You'll likely have plenty of other disagreements with your father over things much more pertinent to your life.

Second?

Found my Kobe 7 Cheetah. Hated how these felt for ball back in the day but so excited to find them that imma try em out again anyways. Hope its different this time. :lol:

I actually never found Kobe shoes comfy for ball, shame cause I love how most of the models look. Tried the 5, it felt horrible on foot. The 7 again was bad for me, and the 10 was also awful. I did have some luck with the 9 Masterpiece as it was actually comfy but I could never get a lockdown feel. My fav was probably the 1. Had the black/purple and still think its one of the best ball shoe designs ever and very underrated in the Kobe line.

Second?

Found my Kobe 7 Cheetah. Hated how these felt for ball back in the day but so excited to find them that imma try em out again anyways. Hope its different this time. :lol:

I actually never found Kobe shoes comfy for ball, shame cause I love how most of the models look. Tried the 5, it felt horrible on foot. The 7 again was bad for me, and the 10 was also awful. I did have some luck with the 9 Masterpiece as it was actually comfy but I could never get a lockdown feel. My fav was probably the 1. Had the black/purple and still think its one of the best ball shoe designs ever and very underrated in the Kobe line.

I see no reason the 7s will change in comfort if they were uncomfortable before :lol:
The 10s felt great on foot for me, but I wore the "knit" version.

James_O James_O

Was Kobe arrogant? Yeah, most professional athletes are.
Could he have "pressured" the pilot to fly that day? Sure, but we'll never know. And that responsibility falls on the pilot, no ifs ands or buts.

But making jokes about the crash? Nah that's not normal. Kobe was a public figure, so "jokes" are bound to happen (however distasteful they may be). But there were eight other victims, including three children. Tell your dad to read the autopsy reports from the crash, and see if he still finds any of it funny.

Ultimately it's just part of growing up, dude. You'll likely have plenty of other disagreements with your father over things much more pertinent to your life.
Man I heard somebody posted about what happened to Kobe in the crash on twitter it makes sense at that impact but it was hard to fathom. I heard the others were messed up bad too. I don’t have the guts to read them or look to see the pics from autopsy. Another reason I got upset about the joke earlier. I seen those reports about cops showing off pics of his body and Vanessa having to deal with that.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why the 7s are so heavily bashed. They don’t bother me like that although they aren’t the 6 or the 8. I really liked the 7s.I wish we could have gotten a 7 protro

Last edited:
Second?

I think it's your feet bro lol. All the models were cool. Some took longer to break in... so it's more so allow that to happen or going .5 size up. That's what I did with my PDF 7s.

1647888607469.png

This is exactly why I never liked when the NBA granted the liberty to players to wear whatever shoes they wanted during the last decade. I dread seeing divergent uniform and shoe colors. A Celtics green uniform with red-based shoes doesn't make sense nor does it look right. It would have only been right if the uniform code mandated predominantly green shoes with a Celtics uniform if they wanted to give players the freedom to be expressive because the archaic uniform code mandated either predominantly white or black shoes with some of the team colors on them.
1647888470706.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom