THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

I will wear air maxes to walk around in but I refuse to play in any. That sensation of being high up in the air just feels weird now. Kobe 5s were awesome for me and will forever be what I compare all basketball shoes too
I've never actually tried on a Kobe, but I assume I would love to play in them. I play in Kyrie 7's, just because traction is killer, cushion is good, and they have more of a court feel. Also they are sort of in between low tops and mids, which I like.

Yeah, they already blew it with Steph. Can’t see it happening twice.
Biggest mistake they made in a while. :emoji_grimacing:

I'm happy for Curry tho. He's brought so much to under armor, and I think the entire worth of the company as a whole has over doubled since they signed curry. His shoes are just so practical and amazing.

I wonder if these will release in Europe? Seriously hope so. These Kobe VI's are simply beautiful! The whole dedication to Gianna (Rest in Peace :emoji_dove:), not to mention the charity aspect, make these a must have...

Can definitely see a lot of the nike sig player lines taking a back seat once the kobes start dropping again. PG, Kyrie, Giannis, KDs. I would love to start hooping in kobes again since mine are almost all out of traction and the Kyrie concepts I got are also getting worn in pretty good. That's assuming Kobes are plentiful and aren't a pain to try and buy for retail. Wonder if Nike will also start upping production on the GT cuts as more Kobes start to release

Only people I see wearing Brons in the gym are the heavy set players or the hoopers who play like they play football:rofl:

Then you haven’t seen me.

1648670556183.gif

I remember reading lots of articles about how basketball shoe sales were on the decline, outside of like JB retro line. Now this was a few years ago but judging off of how so many bball kicks end up discounted I think that trend continues.

So anyway my theory is because of this Nike will shift away from newer signature lines and make the athletes they have the face of new lines like how the GT Jumps are kinda Joker’s unofficial signature shoes.

I remember reading lots of articles about how basketball shoe sales were on the decline, outside of like JB retro line. Now this was a few years ago but judging off of how so many bball kicks end up discounted I think that trend continues.

So anyway my theory is because of this Nike will shift away from newer signature lines and make the athletes they have the face of new lines like how the GT Jumps are kinda Joker’s unofficial signature shoes.
I can see that happening. But man, those good ole nike basketball days with Kobe, KD, and Lebron as the faces of Nike basketball were great. Each with their own line and some great cw's released

I think part of the issue is the guys who have the signature lines now either didn’t live to the hype that everyone expected and just are t the type of dudes the move the sales meter.

PG never lived up to his potential he’s a nice player and he’s great but he’s not a great. He never lived up to the hype we hoped.

Giannis, I mean as we said, big men don’t sell shoes and his designs have been very meh for me.

KD, I honestly never seen many KDs when I played ball. While everyone liked him as a player no one really liked his shoes. Now I played and coached basketball for years and that was the case.

Kyrie is very polarizing. Because of it he’s not always a good face of a signature shoe. Now of the above names his shoes are the most common but I had plenty people tell me that his shoe line has been underwhelming comfort wise while playing.

Now I do agree that I think people have been moving away from wearing basketball shoes casually. I’m a prime example of that as I haven’t worn a basketball shoe casually outside of the low top Kobe line since 2013ish. But I also think since Kobe’s line sort of went away there haven’t been basketball shoes that are designed in that way. People just don’t want to wear mids like that when going around the city.

Please ignore if this has already been posted but release date May 1st 2022 for Kobe 6 mambacita per nick DePaula

Is there a release date confirmed? It doesn't say they're releasing on that day, though we've all assumed that since it was posted. I just haven't seen anything confirming that was the release date.

Is there a release date confirmed? It doesn't say they're releasing on that day, though we've all assumed that since it was posted. I just haven't seen anything confirming that was the release date.
Sorry I don’t have any in-depth information.

Nick Depuala posted the may 1st RD. Here’s a big guy on NBA and their kicks.

If you're talking about this tweet, it doesn't say that's the release date. I think we're all just guessing it is. But with the way things are with releases and pushbacks and this not even being actually announced as the date, it's definitely more of a guess on our parts than anything. But yeah, nothing official if you're talking about this tweet. Hopefully we'll get some kind of confirmation in the next month 👍

I take that as that’s Gigi’s birthday and it honors her would be sweet 16. We know that’s her birthday and the colorway honors that but I haven’t seen anyone definitely says those drop May 1st exactly for sure. I wish I knew though I’m getting anxious.

May 1, 2022 is a Sunday though.
I can't recall the last time I've seen a drop happen on Sunday.
Red Octobers and Fire Red 5’s The Last ones on Sundays i can recall. (Both we’re shock drop)

Hopefully a shock drop at the time she was born or at 2:24 or 8:24.

Red Octobers and Fire Red 5’s The Last ones on Sundays i can recall. (Both we’re shock drop)

Hopefully a shock drop at the time she was born or at 2:24 or 8:24.
Lol.... we def don't know the time she was born. But yea he doesn't say it directly so it's left for presumption. Pretty sure we get more details in the coming weeks.

If you're talking about this tweet, it doesn't say that's the release date. I think we're all just guessing it is. But with the way things are with releases and pushbacks and this not even being actually announced as the date, it's definitely more of a guess on our parts than anything. But yeah, nothing official if you're talking about this tweet. Hopefully we'll get some kind of confirmation in the next month 👍

I’m just assuming it will release on May 1st, because that’s when her birthday would have been. (She was born on May 1st, 2006 - RIP)

Back
Top Bottom