The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Missed em.
Gone off snkrs here for some reason, hopefully just delayed so i can grab when they drop.
And forgot to grab off titolo last night as i was in the middle of a poker tournament.

Missed em.
Gone off snkrs here for some reason, hopefully just delayed so i can grab when they drop.
And forgot to grab off titolo last night as i was in the middle of a poker tournament.

I’m surprised they dropped early on sneakrs. Thought it was on Saturday....

64865777_437672870119272_4574993640947499147_n.jpg

wedding from my old schoolmate

Snkrs nike Australia was another typical cluster **** release by them as usual.
Spent half an hour carting them and paying for them and getting bounced back to the ‘size selection’ page for no apparent reason.
Re select my size and go through the purchase procedure again.
I bought them about 20 times.
And then of course i slowly watch all the sizes slowly sell out.
And then mine sells out.
Total cluster ****.

Hows it going? I’m wondering if someone can help with the sizing on the New Species. I recently picked up the AM90 vinyls and I was able to go my True size 10.5 but for some AM90s and AMs in general I have to half size up to an 11. Not sure how the New Species fit. Thanks!
Length wise they fit the same as my other 90's. However, there is more room in the toe box than usual.

Noticed something a bit different on the back of the new species. Underneath the see through green midsole you can see the word PHYLON. It's really hard to see but it is there!
IMG_20191012_214010.jpg
IMG_20191012_214624.jpg

not sure if they all say that but I remember the red pair of 90’s with the green ice sole like those from 2014 said it too so I’d assume they all do

Noticed something a bit different on the back of the new species. Underneath the see through green midsole you can see the word PHYLON. It's really hard to see but it is there!
IMG_20191012_214010.jpg
IMG_20191012_214624.jpg

I noticed this as well and i was wondering what exactly it was ..thought it spelt Python and i'm like...how is that related to the overal theme..then i remember the scales on the nubuc!

I noticed this as well and i was wondering what exactly it was ..thought it spelt Python and i'm like...how is that related to the overal theme..then i remember the scales on the nubuc!

Phylon is an EVA based foam cushioning.

You can’t do an icy PU midsole. Almost all 90s are PU mids.

If I recall a conversation with an industrial designer friend correctly, icy mids are essentially made with a rubberized compound. So it needs to be a dual density mid for proper cushioning.

The inner layer is comprised of phylon so that
A. You get some actually cushioning and
B. Phylon is compression molded so it can take on shape within another shape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom