The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

$88 for Volts from Bloomingdale best disco we gonna get or should I wait?

With the distribution of these, I think they’ll be discounted further. I’m actually going to return my pair and place those funds towards NBY. I know down the line, I can grab the Volts. I’ll probably hold off the Turqs as well in favor of NBYs.

For the people going the Bloomingdale route, how long did it take to receive the 15% off code?

I wasn’t gonna break this down but since you insist... Those 87s were made completely different than 90s. From the mudguard to the toebox mesh and even the OGs 87 held a firmer stance and silhouette than the 90s just like the shoe in your pic suggest. So in other words, Nike got those right too! That’s all your pic really says. What you’re missing is the air max 90 was supposed to be a stripped down version of those. Made with *lighter materials and more breathable mesh which is why OG 90s had toe dents and the 87 AM did not. So nice try but no. I could never be the one to who thinks there should be a “happy medium” if it means we want Nike to NOT make their shoes mirror the OGs in every way just to satisfy/appease folks who only care or are concerned with what the shoe looks like when it’s not being worn.
I'm not debating OG construction or what their intent was, but literally that your post said you cant have both sleek shape and firmer materials.

F5683251-4401-4803-A7DF-EEFA6404ECA5.jpeg

New pick up

I keep coming in here to see if there is news of the Purps hitting the US/NIke.. it's my fav color; I'm getting impatient now :lol:

Teals are dope but some days they're fire others they're meh so I'm in zero rush for those. The smack in the face is coming next month when we get all these fire *** OG styled 90's and don't get Infrareds.

I keep coming in here to see if there is news of the Purps hitting the US/NIke.. it's my fav color; I'm getting impatient now :lol:

Teals are dope but some days they're fire others they're meh so I'm in zero rush for those. The smack in the face is coming next month when we get all these fire *** OG styled 90's and don't get Infrareds.

I’ve been thinking about trying to sell my 2010s, but part of me is waiting on some sort of confirmation of a 2020 release. I’m almost positive it will happen, but It would be such a nike thing for it not to and that’s what’s been stopping me :lol:.

Waiting for purps too!!! I adjusted/ edited the color on my royal pair so now I have purps >D
Screenshot_20200225-193742_Lightroom.jpg

The funny part is Royals sometimes look like Purps esp when they're not next to each other. Then you see the Purple they actually used and its like damn.

I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Teals for my brother tomorrow, it was just his birthday.

He absolutely loves his Jordan 1 Turbo Greens, so I'm hoping he likes them since they're a somewhat-similar-ish color.
he wont be disappointed

For what it’s worth did anyone else read the Sneaker Freaker interview with Juliana Sagat and Dylan Raasch who are in charge of the anniversaries? A lot of thought went into retroing the OG and they even cut a shoe in half to understand the construction and amount of materials that it required. Looking at the pic of the OG infrared they kept whole, the toe box has dents as well. To truly reproduce the OG they chose to use the same lightweight materials (I know others have offered this argument).

Their goal was to get this shoe back in circulation since the OGs are deteriorating and none would be left to wear. I have a huge appreciation for that last point, yeah it’s to make money too but to ensure the OG style is still offered in a non crumbling form is decent enough for me. I don’t mind if people dislike them, it’s the constant hate back and forth that’s getting old. For me, I love them and mine have minor flaws. So far I’ve got grape, volt, rose and hopefully teals tomorrow. Royals eventually.
yo that was a great video and article. nike did a good job with this release especially the toe box, padding, and mesh. heck they even thru in the arch support

Back
Top Bottom