The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Has anyone had their forefoot air unit make a squeaking noise when walking? My 2015 Infrareds are almost brand new, been worn 3 times and all of a sudden I'm getting a squeaking sound everytime I push off with my forefoot on the right shoe. Very strange!

Is it possible that the air unit popped??

Last edited:
Has anyone had their forefoot air unit make a squeaking noise when walking? My 2015 Infrareds are almost brand new, been worn 3 times and all of a sudden I'm getting a squeaking sound everytime I push off with my forefoot on the right shoe. Very strange!

90s have forefoot air?  the forefoot is made of eva foam.

Last edited:

I had the same thing happen in my 2015 reverse infrareds and I don't know why it does that but it's really annoying. The main reason why I haven't been wearing my pair

Side note regarding squeaky 90s. I read a good way to stop the squeak in Corks. Someone on IG said they used "runners anti-chafeing stick" applied it on the sides of the tongue and where it rubs? Swears it works. Just FYI

I had the same thing happen in my 2015 reverse infrareds and I don't know why it does that but it's really annoying. The main reason why I haven't been wearing my pair

Yeah, very annoying. I can't think of any other reason for it doing that other than the air unit (if it in fact exists) Can someone more educated tell me if the '15 infrared definitely has a forefoot unit?

Side note regarding squeaky 90s. I read a good way to stop the squeak in Corks. Someone on IG said they used "runners anti-chafeing stick" applied it on the sides of the tongue and where it rubs? Swears it works. Just FYI
yeah....i found out on the off chance after a run and i realized the post run Corks weren't squeaking as much and linked it up to my usage of the anti-chaffing stick used on my heel et al. 

Quote:
I thought some did. I'm not sure this picture can be applied to every release. Because I know some 180's had forefoot and it doesn't show that in this pic. Hmmmm
that picture is talking about visible air thats why the forefoot air from the AM1-AM93

isnt pictured in that picture because its not visible for the eye and is embedded inside the midsole

Last edited:

I had the same exact thing on my 2015's. It went away after 4-5 wears. It was annoying as hell for a while though.

@max90  You go bwoi!  Congrats on the Crepes!  Easily one of the GOAT AM90s.  The bursts from the pack were killer too with that glorious turquoise big booty bubbliciousness.  Kinda wish I kept mine, but I bequeathed them to my homie after he fell upon some hard times as a sort of "pick me up" gift.  Those and my AM90 DQM Bacons because he was sweatin' both pairs like a sauna.  Gosh...I'm a good friend methinks.  
laugh.gif
  No, in all seriousness, the look on his face was priceless when I handed him both boxes and he realized what pairs were contained within.  All told, a small consolation for what he was dealing with, but it helped lift his spirit in that moment at least.  Kept my Crepe 90's though...actually had them on!  
wink.gif

Anyway, your pick-up and a recent wear, had me thinking about all that.

"Turkey Bacons" --

*Note - Damn these comfy!

Back
Top Bottom