The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

smokin.gif

eek.gif

This. :lol:
I understand being inspired by someone to wear something, but to hold it as higher value because someone rocked it is wack.
It's crazy that these cats have to be told what THEY like. Just blindly following the hype. It's actually embarrassing to be associated with the sneaker game sometimes. Check out any sneaker event, it's a bunch of teenage hypebeast clones programmed by kanye. Not all obviously, but ALOT

It's crazy that these cats have to be told what THEY like. Just blindly following the hype. It's actually embarrassing to be associated with the sneaker game sometimes. Check out any sneaker event, it's a bunch of teenage hypebeast clones programmed by kanye. Not all obviously, but ALOT
I forgot who, but someone said:
"Do you really like that? Or do you just like the way they packaged and presented it to you?.... We don't know what we like, we just like the most hypest ****." That's all facts for a lot of people out there too. :smh:

This. :lol:
I understand being inspired by someone to wear something, but to hold it as higher value because someone rocked it is wack.

Everything you wear and for that matter everything you buy is marketed to you. All of us are subjected to this every waking minute.

I forgot who, but someone said:
"Do you really like that? Or do you just like the way they packaged and presented it to you?.... We don't know what we like, we just like the most hypest ****." That's all facts for a lot of people out there too. :smh:
Very true. Hyped off a shiny package but lacks any real substance. People Just wanna be associated with who or whatever the latest hype is. We're all guilty to a degree. Rock what you like f*** the hype. I think I read that somewhere too.

No I don't think they're fake. I Think remember seeing these at champs or FA? Pretty sure not fake though. I'm sure someone will have the exact breakdown in a minute
wink.gif
I bought my US pair at Champs and .... his AM 90 Currys are fake. In fact the pair I posted is from Champs (Footaction did not carry these), My Europe pair was purchased at Titlo and it looks like the US pair with a 'Nike' tongue tag. 

Still don't know the story behind them though.
Edit- I'm telling you the ones with the Asian writing on tongue were at Champs at one time. I saw them, and apparently other people did as well. Maybe sample or some sort of glitch, but were there at one point?

Last edited:
Still don't know the story behind them though.
Edit- I'm telling you the ones with the Asian writing on tongue were at Champs at one time. I saw them, and apparently other people did as well. Maybe sample or some sort of glitch, but were there at one point?
The AM90 Currys were going to be released in (Southeast) asian markets exclusively at one point....supposedly there was a series of samples with the 'Nai Ke' (Nike in Chinese) tongue tag. In fact you can see the tag in most of the promo shots from the fall release last year when they dropped in Europe. Champs was the exclusive retailer of them in the United States (at the top of this year when they came stateside) all of their pairs had the non-sample Nike tongue tag. There are plenty of knockoffs with the chinese tongue tag as I saw plenty of them when I was mainland China in February ... when I actually picked up my white 'Nai Ke' air force 1s which has the two chinese characters on it. 

Champs only shipped Nike tongue tags ... and unless the original poster has a 'sample tag' on his/her  pair -- they are fake. 

Back
Top Bottom